Order and Chaos (Now FFG Confirmed w Spoilers)

So with Amped, Ekomind, Duggar’s, Origami, Stim Dealer, etc., is anyone else thinking that runners might get their first serious semi/non-interactive combo archetype here? Just set up your rig and blow out your opponents deck in one turn of demo runs…runner one turn win combo-wombo here we come!

Snow-jax has uploaded text spoilers on reddit.

4 Likes

Steelskin! Our first passive flatline defense.

Leave 1 or 2 in hand. Get scorched? nope, you just drew 3 more cards! Not expecting a flatline? It’s a 1 cost, Anarch Diesel! Amazingly strong.

Progenitor was obviously designed to combo (and combo strongly) with Hivemind.

Not sure at all what Eater is supposed to do.

Sacrificial Clone? Wow, a callback to the ‘extra life’ cards in O:NR. It’s certainly a way to stop a double scorch from being a flatline without plascrete, particularly if you don’t use resources or have big moneybanks… but it’ll still get trashed.

Also as for Corp stuff… what a nasty, flexible ICE suite. And some huge strength ICE at that. Celestial ICE is obviously meant to interact with Constellation Protocol, and Accounting seems like a very strong current to get out early.

2 Likes

Eater’s like Feint in that it enables everything that requires a successful run, such as charging suckers, medium, emergency shutdown, dataleak, the new cutlery sabotage events…

It also works nicely with Keyhole.

2 Likes

I guess that’s the theme. the Eater uses Knives, Spoons and Forks to destroy the ICE on a server you want, letting you have at it… since it’s a fantastically efficient AI.

I suppose one key aspect will be if you can still do a ‘Instead of accessing’ during ‘access zero cards’.

That’d be a fun deck to give a go at. Combined with traditional ICE destruction and probably noise mills…

1 Like

Eater is freakin amazing!!!
2 credits more than a corroder to have all your breakers with 1 program and using only 1 memory!!
Wanton Destruction, keyhole, cutlery…anything that changes your access to something else still valuable is bonkers with it.
Eater+keyhole+wanton destruction+singularity+ retrieval run is a threat with eater on ANY SERVER. Dont forget the matrix analyzer to check for agendas in hand.

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeeesss.

Steelskin’s pretty great, yeah. Easy 3-of in many decks. The damage protection is just a lovely bonus – though, of course, it doesn’t do anything against taking too much. It’s just good against separate hits. Still, nice to have a Madness-style effect.

Valencia is 50/15, which is muuuch nicer than I was thinking. Looking forward to that.

Accounting is a pretty damn amazing Current, glad it’s 3 influence just to cut down on the splashing.

Cyberdex Virus Suites will hurt Virus decks, being an ambush asset and a trashable, clickless wipe.

Memstrips is a nice Memchip for Noise. Salvager’s a neat in-faction alternative to Aesop’s.

The Space Ice cycle are all pretty good. Rough if unadvanced but not unusable, and with advancement they become pretty darn good. Constellation Protocol combined with them seems decent enough to spread the tokens onto different ice that retain a benefit from them after being rezzed.

The Board is the best executive yet, bar none. Hardest to trash, cheapish to rez, and can completely screw over the Runner and buy the Corp some time. Slight nombo with PC, but more than good enough to justify itself.

Fire Wall is a neat late-game alternative to Ice Wall.

I’m confused, you mean Anarchs are no longer going to have to spend all their influence just on things like diesel/qt, aesops, etc. and will be able to instead spend influence pursuing the decks actual strategy? Hahaha

7 Likes

Salvage being an in-faction Aesop for Noise is HUGE.

2 Likes

Kit will be spooning all the Ice once O&C hits!
Spooning Kit for max ICE destruction! You heard it first here folks!

13 Likes

At 3 influence for Spooned I am unconvinced, but I’m sure it’ll be fun to try!

1 Like

Perhaps as a one- or two- of, supported by Same Old Thing?

EDIT: While I have no hopes it’ll be anything other than jank of the highest order, I do want to do The Gourmet deck. Three each of Knifed, Forked, Spooned, Eater, Parasite, Deja Vu, Clone Chip, and Same Old Thing. Use Keyhole to hammer through their deck lightning-fast.

Eat all their ice.

All of it.

Then Archives Interface it away to keep them from getting any bright ideas.

1 Like

Here’s hoping that with Knived we can see an end to the ubiquitous splashing of Eli in 90% of all Corp decks out there…

Knived with D4VID has me worried for Blue Sun.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Immolation Script and Kraken!

2 Likes

Steelskin…replacement to plascrete for any deck that can afford the influence?

Which won’t be that many out-of-faction. Spots are already tight, and at 2 inf it’s the same as a parasite.

And as has been noted here and there, well, it’s not guaranteed unless you’ve got two of 'em in hand at all times, which is not really ideal.

I’ve been putting together a probably janky Valencia BP deck. I doubt it’ll be as good as I’d like – seems rather too slow at the moment – but hey, it should be fun. Runner combo decks, surely nothing can go horribly wrong with that?

Once I’ve run the two janky decks into the ground I’ll probably pick up a more grounded Kim list. Wheee.

1 Like

Idk…if you have a steelskin in your 5 cards in hand you can soak 2 scorched, which is typically all you’d get hit by in one turn outside of AD combo-wombo shenanigans

If that Steelskin is hit in the first Scorched.

Pretty sure damage actually happens all at once. Then again, accessing might not, so maybe I’m wrong. I’m sure there’ll be an FAQ sooner or later.

Valencia looks cool, starting with a Desperado is veyr strong indeed. The ability also combines nicely with medium to make running easier. 50 min deck size isn’t actually that bad with steelskin now available. My first valencia deck is going to be this
Valencia Tempo
Valencia Estevez

Event (17)
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Lucky Find
3 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble
3 Steelskin
2 Day Job

Hardware (3)
3 Grimoire

Resource (10)