Panchatantra and Damon Stone

It’s too late, it’s already a 4+ card combo. We have to go deeper.

Add Trope to keep shuffling used D4v1d’s and Security Chips back into your deck. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

The title made me think this thread would be about giving subtypes to Damon Stone. Now I’m disappointed.

19 Likes

I’ve got my citations ready.

2 Likes

So…
???

I don’t get your point.

This is what is written in rules :
"Upgrades – An upgrade can be installed in any server. When an upgrade is installed in a central server, it is installed in the central server’s root.

Unlike an agenda or asset, there is no limit to the number of upgrades the Corporation can install in any server, central or remote.

Note: The Corporation can only have one upgrade with the region subtype installed per server or server root, as listed in the text box of these cards."

=> only one upgrade region installed per server (or server root)
This is the exact rule.

There’s no in / protecting comment anywhere.

Ok… So you mean “if Pancha name an ice region then you can rez the upgrade region / not rez the upgrade region/ whatever” ?

I think you’re right.

1 Like

If you use Pancha and name region it has no effect whatsoever. The corp can still rez the region upgrade and no card needs to be trashed.

6 Likes

If you give ice the “Damon Stone” subtype, how many programs can it host?

1 Like

None. You need to give it the Daemon Stone subtype!

15 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/aboX38c.jpg

5 Likes

I was so trolled by that link. It just brought me to a login screen. I want to know what the pic was.

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

why wouldn’t you be able to rez it?

let’s assume that naming a piece of ICE a region breaks the rules by having a region already installed in the server, rezzing that region or not has no bearing whatsoever on the game state. it’s already understood that you can’t have two facedown regions in the same server. it’s a global rule that goes beyond the reminder on the cards themselves.

honestly, if we want to get super technical and say that ‘it says limit one region per server, that’s what it says!’ then all it does is limit you from installing a region into that server, (which the previous region did already, if there was already one there). there are really only a few ways a region upgrade can be installed during a run so that this would come up

but for the sake of argument: there’s say, a Crick over archives, runner names it a Region, and now Chronos Protocol wants to install a Hokusai in the root of archives. if your interpretation is correct, then CP wouldn’t be able to install it all, but if there was one already there, it’s already breaking the game state, so rezzing it shouldn’t matter at this point

that’s why we again go back to the ruling that states specifically that the region subtype refers to upgrades

so in the above example, Crick has been named a region, and the corp wants to install another region in, on, surrounding (or any other preposition) that server, but, since the rule that you’ve quoted says the “The Corporation can only have one upgrade with the region subtype installed per server or server root,” and ICE gaining the subtype doesn’t actually lock it out, since there’s still only one upgrade with the region subtype installed for that server

4 Likes

I love the lady on the left of shot with the “What do you think you’re playing at sunshine?” expression.

2 Likes

Kate’s inspiration, obviously.

Damon is thinking “I love it when a plan comes together” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eric’s guide to rules:

If it feels stupid (as opposed to clever) or requires a hefty amount of justification then it probably isn’t meant to be that way and you should just stop and either get back to having fun or go take the bar.

15 Likes

It’s like Medical Research Fundraiser, they’re all runners.

I’d like to agree with this, but the problem is, different people think different things feel stupid. Not trying to pick on anyone, but in this very thread people have suggested things like giving Little Engine stealth so the 5c it gives you are ‘credits from a stealth card,’ or giving ice tag so Jesminder can ‘avoid’ them. Clearly, not everybody thinks that feels stupid! Therefore, “if it feels stupid, it’s probably not right” isn’t a great universal metric to recommend to everyone…

4 Likes

Also, there are a lot of actual rulings that also sound stupid.

6 Likes

I get it, people are looking for neat little ways to use this card in a more competitive manner than giving ICE the ‘vanilla’ subtype. sure.

leaving the word stupid behind:

When in the game have you ever gained stealth credits? what example is there? there isn’t any because you don’t gain stealth credits you spend them because they’re always hosted. So no…you don’t get to pretend that little engine’s credits are stealth. That is trying to do something outside of what is told to us by the cards we already have. There is no precedent.

When has a runner ever been able to avoid ICE? There is no precedent because there is no mechanic. So we don’t make up mechanics that are convenient for us. runners bypass ICE, they don’t avoid it.

And the region thing…c’mon man.

2 Likes

Hey, check my posts upthread, I’m saying the same thing. But people come to those erroneous conclusions, and I think they come to them honestly – that is, they’re not feigning ignorance of the rules in order to try to gain an advantage. If everybody had a perfect understanding of the rules, we wouldn’t even have this thread. And so, “if it sounds like it shouldn’t work, it shouldn’t work” will always fall short as a metric for people to judge card interactions. :confused:

6 Likes

The problem is making wraparound a fracter also has no precedent (applying a subtype to a card type that has no examples of cards with that subtype, and even no Corp cards at all with that subtype) but that is valid rather than invalid. I think your metric is fairly poor.

1 Like