Recurring Credits and Clickless Runner Econ

I don’t understand how Data Folding makes Supplier less efficient?
If you save 2c from the install, but lose a turn of the 1c, aren’t you still at +1 overall?

Haha, not saying don’t try new things (remember my Trade In deck?), just saying try new good things. :stuck_out_tongue: But seriously, just because I criticize a new idea as not very good doesn’t mean I don’t like new ideas. I’m not sure how that follows.

What you said is exactly why Data Folding makes Supplier less efficient. Usually Supplier gives you 2 creds of value for each install. With Data Folding it only gives you 1 cred of value. 1 < 2, which means it’s less efficient.

3 Likes

Yeah but for the cost of only getting 1 for a turn, you get 3 for “all” following turns.

Not sure what you mean here. Explain?

Well if supplier gives you “2” every turn, you can get “1” for a single turn, in order to get “3” every turn (2 from supplier, 1 from data folding).

Uh, no, it still gives you 2c of value. It’s the same as an Earthrise or Daily Casts: just because the install isn’t free doesn’t mean you’ve somehow lost the value of that 2c discount :).

Look, I agree that Data Folding, on the surface, is pretty bad, but with the impending arrival of full-on anti-FA strategies, I submit that it is silly to declare a priori that a discounted-to-1c Data Folding is completely unworthy of testing ;).

1 Like

Silly experiential anecdote, but in playing the recent draft packs I had one game where my opponent installed 4 data foldings by turn 4 or 5. In case you are wondering, that is not a winnable game for you.

1 Like

You auto-win because your opponent had an illegal deck. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“hypomodern, post:26, topic:2995”]
Uh, no, it still gives you 2c of value. It’s the same as an Earthrise or Daily Casts: just because the install isn’t free doesn’t mean you’ve somehow lost the value of that 2c discount :).
[/quote] We can move on from here, but I’m saying that you still get 2 creds of value, but you lose one credof drip. However, there is still the 2 cred value in full if you are starting with 1 or 2 credits. That way you (hopefully) avoid the powerful “Click-for-Credit” economy.

2 Likes

Alls fair in draft and war :smile:
He would have had more of them, but I was beside him while drafting and took 3 myself. I installed 1 of them all day, oh variance.

Ah, I get what you’re trying to say here. Definitely true, but also an effect that The Supplier imposes across all of the drip/clickless options, so DF is no different than DC/UC/EH + Supplier in that regard.

It is disappointing to me that DF costs more than UC, despite its more stringent condition.

1 Like

Except DC still pays out 8 and EH still pays out 6 cards. The anti-synergy relates to UC and DF only. Glad we could be civil about a stupid argument about a game.

Or…

STFU Noob!

2 Likes

And UC + DF still pay out N-1, where N is the number of turns remaining; basically the supplier defers everything by a turn (EH and DC would be effected by small N values too!) :). There is no anti-synergy unique to UC and DF + Supplier. The fact that EH and DC are bounded effects doesn’t matter here (unless there’s a FAQ to the effect that EH and DC trigger the turn they come off the supplier, unlike the other two).

l2p :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Daily Casts gains as much from The Supplier, and takes many turns less to turn the same profit. I’d much rather play Daily Casts than Data Folding unless I had good reason to think games were going to go on for 15+ turns, and maybe even longer than that. They currently don’t.

That’s how I thought, too. But then @Nordrunner comes along and wins with one… Damn you, Nord!

I see no good reason why “both” isn’t an answer.

It’s just a matter of how many slow cards you’re prepared to run in your deck. At some point you just end up playing Daily Casts to get money to pay to install Data Folding to make money to pay to install Dyson Memchips and UWC to pay to install breakers to let you run.

1 Like

Fwiw, I this this deck is possibly interesting for a post-clot world, but yeah, it’s gonna be too slow for right now.

1 Like

at this point i punt the NEH matchup every time and build to crush the rest of the field. slower decks are reasonable vs everything but NEH. the only other corp deck that puts you under fire right away is supermodernism which needs a good pilot and needs to be a little lucky not giving up the win before it can bring the hammer down.

1 Like

I really think that games tend to last longer (even against NEH) than most people give them credit for. Yes, there’s the optimum AstroTrain that can happen, but almost any deck has issues dealing with that. Recurring credits may seem weak on paper, or sum out to have bad value trades, but the long term investment goes a far way to creating a sustainable R&D lock.

That doesn’t mean that this economy solution is optimal, but it’s worth exploring.

8 Likes

Data Folding, Daily Casts, and underworld contacts make for great synergy in the right deck. You have to build your deck to maximize it, but there is plenty of time to capitalize on the drip economy if you play NEH. And if you play RP, a long game deck, or snipe the power agendas (astro, atlas) early, you are in great position to completely dominate the game. They are also really nice in net damage decks where you can make 1 card into permanent econ every turn, versus operation econ which is 1 and done.

Fwiw, I’ve been playing my Andromeda deck from NRDB with DF, DC, UC in the stimhack league and its doing quite well.

I took out proco for Mr li, and a dirty laundry for a makers eye.

5 Likes