Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Speaking of abt, if the rubber doesn’t run your advanced defense contract, you could never advance a 3/2 out of it at least once, and god forbid another sexy advanceable upgrade comes out…

1 Like

Would Next Wave 2 trigger off of 24/7 (likely yes), or would it fire off of Bifrost Array?

Just realized it is theoretically possible to land this with Defective Brainchips out.

Apparently not bifrost according to the ufaq.

Looks like the UFAQ drew a distinction between “When you score…” and “If… when you score”. Very confusing, if you ask me.

Assuming it would have to be worded “When you score ~, if there is a rezzed piece of NEXT ice…” in order to fit the conditions of Bifrost and 24/7

Jumping into the future a bit, but I was just looking at Tithonium again, and I’m not sure if the ‘cannot host cards’ clause actually prevents it being Oversight-ed.

I know the ins and outs of the Thrones rules better than Netrunner, and based on those I would rule that Oversight successfully rezzes Tithonium, but then cannot resolve its second effect of hosting on Tithonium due to the now active text, and goes to Archives like any other operation when it finishes resolving. I had a little look in the ANR FAQ and there are a couple sections that support this interpretation (although for different reasons than in Thrones). From FAQ 3.1.2:

Triggering Actions and Abilities
A player can only trigger an action or ability if its effect has the
potential to change the game state. This potential is assessed
without taking into account the consequences of paying play,
install, or rez costs or triggering any further abilities.

"Cannot"
Cards that use the word “cannot” prohibit an effect from
resolving or an action from taking place. If two cards conflict,
and the first card prohibits an effect, ability, or action using the
word “cannot”, the second card cannot be played or triggered,
unless the prohibited action is a condition granted by way of
a non-prohibited effect. It should be noted, that while that
card could then be played, the prohibited part of the effect still
cannot resolve.

Inactive Cards
An inactive card retains its printed characteristics (name, card
type, faction, cost, subtypes, influence, etc).

So the question is, does that ‘etc’ in the Inactive Cards section include card text? I don’t think it can do, based on the current way certain cards are played - it is certainly possible, for example, to trash an unrezzed Architect. This means that Tithonium can host cards, such as Caissa programs, while it is unrezzed, although they will be trashed if it is rezzed.

It also means that, at the time of playing Oversight, when the assessment of potential described in the Triggering Actions and Abilities section takes place, an Oversight targeting an unrezzed Tithonium certainly has the potential to fully resolve and change the game state, and can therefore be legally played. Once the resolution has started and Tithonium is rezzed, I think the second part of the effect would come under the category of ‘a condition granted by way of a non-prohibited effect’ which is then itself prohibited, resulting in the free rez outcome I described above.

I’m sure the devs could easily rule this out in an UFAQ on the grounds that ‘we didn’t mean it work that way’, as they so often do, but I thought I’d bring it up anyway. If I’m right in my interpretation, and it turns out that the devs are fine with this and the clause was actually just there to make Tithonium immune to Parasite/Egret/other runner cards, then we have one hell of a piece of ICE on our hands :smiley:

It’s actually much simpler than that. OAI is not a card when it is hosted, so Tithonium does nothing to stop it.

11 Likes

Station One is “Shipping Now” and has a US release date of the 23’rd.

3 Likes

wow so 1 month later, right? wasn’t dadplex on the 23rd or 25th or something around there?

the release article was on the 15th and said ‘next week’ but i can’t find the exact date.

DC came out on the 23d of Feb

Station One spoilers Up! http://imgur.com/a/C3aOF

3 Likes

posted on reddit: Thoughts on corp cards:

Nerine 2.0 is a brutal facecheck if they don’t have clicks, then just becomes eh.

Load Testing says hello to Fairchild 3.0.

Seidr is…Interesting. Use in AOT or NEXT?

Bloom seems good. First sub helps set up scoring servers, 2nd makes stuff happen. Need the ICE in HQ though.

Replanting allows for Trap trickery, otherwise just okay.

CPC seems…Bad? It’s an ad, woo. Needs protetion though…boo.

MCA because f*ck every Flashpoint resource.

FL is like POP UP! Yay! A more annoying pop up for the runner, but less good for the corp.

Clyde looks cool as one of those assets you put in your scoring server inbetween agenda scores. okay, maybe a 1-2 of in the right deck.

Watchtower: Tutor as an ICE. tentative good. Facecheck is nice, but the break isnt terrible, but not great.

Sac: Gets rid of Hostile bad Pub in Jemison. Also an Operation! nice.

Self Adapting: just a meh.

System seizure would be very interesting if Sifr didn’t exist. The idea of a corroder that keeps its strength, or a switchblade/refractor that you only have to pump once sounds choice.

It also makes a few AI a bit better. If Shaper had a solid Faust deck it would probably be pretty sharp.

System Seizure – For subtyped breakers : your control over the first breaker you’ll use a turn is limited ; your control on the same subtype pieces of ice you will encounter in a row is nil. For any breaker : your control over how long System Seizure will stay in play is limited. May work with Faust anyway, though it seems to take place in a Faust fueling engine that is yet to be created.

Customized Secretary – It’s true that Shapers are really bad at clicking to install program. Hopefully, this card will help them to do it more often. Compare with Self-modifying Code : the former may allow you to click-to-install up to 4 program while the later doesn’t allow a single one. That for exactly the same cost ! Card of the pack.

Nerine 2.0 – Puzzled by the wording. “Deal” ?

Bloom – Puzzled by the observer subtype.

Free Lunch – “The Runner lose 1 credit later.” The Runner won’t like. Good taxing ice. Feels almost like a code-gate Eli 1.0.

Watchtower – Sweet to me. It really looks like the code gate with teeth Weyland was waiting for. Sure Mausolus is more taxing, but face-checking Mausolus, or going through afterward, is not really frightening. Well, it doesn’t install the card it fetches, but a Boom! can’t be installed anyway.

Sacrifice – you don’t play Jemison : forfeit the agenda that gave you a bad pub to get rid of that bad pub (may help against Valencia, may get better if Weyland gets a good 2/0). You play Jemison : YEEEEEAAAAAAH ! (That makes me frustrated to be fair. Jemison is fresh and fun and powerful, but design-wise, making a very focused id and releasing a bunch of cards that work well with but do pretty much nothing for the rest of the faction, so this new id outshines any contender, is really shoddy.)

Self-Adapting Wall – Parasite proof ? I don’t care Parasite, I run Inti !

Mobiusa glitch in the matrix

1 Like

I disagree. Stealth pumps are minimal from refractor and switchblade/dagger and Egret drops in about a month. Both fix this and possibly optimize this interaction.

However, it suffers because Sifr is probably a better support piece.

Also is Secretary actually playable? I am not entirely sure.

1 Like

I think, at the minimum, Secretary is a interesting design.

It’s a pretty hefty card draw for pretty cheap, but you only get to keep programs… but those programs don’t clog up your grip if you can’t install them right away, so you don’t have to worry about discarding them due to hand size limits. They just clog up MU instead. Using MU in new and different ways is definitely neat and I hope to see more of that.

And even if you don’t install them (duplicate breakers, maybe?), they’re filtered out of your deck.

Might not be a terrible Uninstall target once you’ve gotten all the programs off it, so you can use it again?

EDIT: Now that I’ve said words out of my mouth, it seems like a good Professor program?

1 Like

You can strengthen a breaker even if u dont use them to break sth. Normally it loses its strength riggt away so its senseless (unless u can put a cred on net mercur for this), but now its valid to strengthen a fracter while encountering a code gate f.e.

2 Likes

With “Sacrifice” being clearly made for Jemison Astronautics, I’m wondering if there will be another Operation called “Audacity” and “Success” in line with the “Forfeit an agenda”-effect?

2 Likes

Success and Audacity exist indeed! From Spolers from Worlds, we have:

Success (Operation, Triple. 0 cost. 2 inf. Red sand)
As an additional cost to play this operation, forfeit an agenda and spend 2 clicks.
Advance a card X times. X equals the advancement requirement of the agenda just forfeited.
Audacity (Operation. 0 cost, 4 inf. Red sand)
Play only if there are at least 3 cards in HQ. Trash all cards in HQ. Place a total of 2 advancement tokens on up to 2 cards that can be advanced.

3 Likes