Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

So has anyone had any luck hosting MCA Informant on a Corporate Troubleshooter?

8 Likes

It feels like it works best with an AI breaker like overmind or Faust. In those instances it saves you decent money (or cards) when you run a server.

Edit: this is in addition to the synergy that would obviously exist between it and the stealth breakers.

Funnily enough, Sacrifice was the only card that hadn’t been already spoiled, and was the one I wondered if it existed. As for spoiled cards, Four is Flatline is probably the best resource to gander at those.

As for the three of them, I’d say that Sacrifice is far and away the worst of the three. Sacrificing agenda points for BP removal is the worst thing I’ve heard since taking on BP itself, even if it does give you a small kick in the arm (1c per BP removed!) along with it. The only thing that might make it even kind of playable is the synergy with the Jemison ID. Even then it sits in the “extremely sketchy” part of my mental divisor.

Audacity is also not amazing, since it’s basically just an ever-so-slightly better Shipment from Kaguya in terms of effect, but with a drastically worse cost, but it might be just this side of good enough. Pitching 3 cards from hand for 2 advancements is a pretty poor trade, but it’s not a double event, so it does get you into FA range of 3/2s on its own, and with a secondary tool like Oberth or SanSan, it gets you your 4/2s as well. That’ll probably make it see some play. This one is also just as good outside Jemison, since it doesn’t require you to sac agendas, so it very well might see some Titan play.

Success is where the money at. This allows the crazy plays, like never-advancing a Government Takeover through saccing a 5/3, or pairing with a Biotic to do the same in 1 turn. Plus, you’re not just placing advancement counters; you’re actually advancing. This gives the Public agendas some lovin’, and allows for fun Hollywood Renovation plays. Example: IAA a Hollywood Reno. Next turn, Biotic, place another Hollywood Reno down, and then play Success, killing off, say, a Project Atlas that you used to pull some of these cards. You place the 3 counters Jemison gives you from the Atlas sac and finish off the first Hollywood. Then use the advancements that Success gives you to overadvance it, using those free counters to advance the newly-Biotic’d Hollywood. Bam, you just jumped 4 points, and are not on either 6 points, or just won the game. Sure, there’s less ridiculous plays out there, but those aren’t as fun to talk about =P

The downside is that 2/3 of these are really only worth it in Jemison. Sacrifice is still probably not even worth it, and I sure as hell don’t want to score a Hostile Takeover one turn and then just Sacrifice it the next just to get rid of the BP for a space-dollar. At this point I’ve spend 2 cards and 4 clicks to gain 6 money, which is generally going to be valued as lower than clicking for credits. Success is similarly bad outside of Jemijem, since if I sac a Project Atlas it lets me advance a card 3 times for 3 clicks, which lets me advance… a Project Atlas. I’ve now gone from 2 points to 2 points, instead of just spending those clicks to manually advance, putting me at 4. Maybe there will be some cool interaction in the future for it, but right now it’s not a Weyland card, it’s a Jemison card.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not wild about ID-specific card design. On the other hand, most Weyland IDs are trash and Jemison is unique enough to need support.

1 Like

Has someone explained the flavour text on watchtower yet?

Also, can someone explain why Load Testing is 5 influence and whether it will even be playable.

Other than that, I really like the cards (runner especially) and look forward to seeing what people come up with.

It’s hexadecimal code which translates to Am G F G Am, which is the chord progression of All Along The Watchtower, originally by Bob Dylan.

14 Likes

One of my main problems with Sacrifice is that it only removes 1 BP per hostile. You almost certainly want to use the first Hostile you score to rez Oberth, so Sacrifice gets rid of the second Hostile and takes you from 2 BP to 1? Would it have killed them to make it remove 2 BP per agenda point?

Given that Jemison already has so many other ways to forgeit agendas, I think Elizabeth Mills will still be the right choice if you want to get rid of the bad pub.

Audacity: it’s ironic that a card that’s situationally better than Shipment from Kaguya is coming out right before a card that makes Kaguya a lot better…

Red Planet Couriers: Saan didn’t cover this one, but it could be super fun! NA a Government Takeover with 3 fully loaded Mausoluses (less if Oberth or SanSan is out) you had advanced with a combination of Shipment from Kaguyas and Archer / Quarantine System rezzes. It might create two types of Jemisons: one that slowly trades up agendas, from Hostile to GFI to potentially Takeover, and another that just scores Hostiles and 3/2s, sacs them for effects, and builds advancement counters.

Success: The other big triple, I like how these are cards that you can build a deck around. I’m not quite sure how you could use it to NA a takeover with a 5/3 unless you have both Oberth and SanSan on the remote? Success gives you 3 advancements, Jemison gives you 4, so you have to get 2 more. Still, could be worth it if you run Oberth, SanSan and Biotic, since you can hope to get 2 out of 3. Or you could do it by saccing a second agenda to rez the Oberth on that turn.

Success gives you 5! Success works off of the advancement requirement of the sac’d agenda, not the agenda point total, which makes it way better.

Also, yeah, Red Planet is super sick. I think there’s probably a really good deck that runs a buncha-cruncha 1-pointers, Atlas, and then just huge chunks of agendas like Vanity and G-Takeover, along with Success, Red Planet Couriers, Oberth, and Biotics. With future advanceable ICE like Hortum and Colossus, it doesn’t seem very far-fetched to get 9 advancements on the table pretty easily.

1 Like

Woah, I totally missed this! Yeah, that makes the card substantially better. The only bummer is that if you have an oberth or sansan on the remote you score the takeover in, you don’t get anything special for your overadvancements :P.

That’s why you biotic out a Hollywood renovation, success that and score both the Hollywood and the never advanced government takeover.

1 Like

although it’s difficult to get the combo off, with 3x Clone Suffrage, Jeeves, and ELP, you can force both players to continually have 1-click turns in which the runner can’t make any runs unless they have some card abilities for it
with something like Strongbox and/or Ruhr, you can make it even hard for the runner to steal agendas

3 Likes

That is pretty choice.

1 Like

I was kidding about Secretary :smiley:

Nice thoughts about System Seizure from you and other people, it may be less bad than I think, even though I’m not sold.

Ronald V can keep them from trashing the Suffrage and Voting Machine Initiative can patch any holes the runner manages to make!

Sorry, I’ll stop.

2 Likes

Note that Servnius Stim Implant has the same problem as SYNC BRE (lasts the remainder of the game). I’m guessing an errata will be posted. Maybe general templating reworks en route?

Well, at least now we have a BRE counter :grinning:

1 Like

Ronald 5 doesn’t work. if they have no clicks to lose, they don’t lose any. it’s not an additional just, just a penalty for trashing.

well, i guess it works if you don’t have all 3 going yet, but once it’s up and running, he don’t do anything

No. The answer is Ronnie 5 and Seidr.

Trash a thing, lose a click and put the thing back on top of your r&d.

Load Testing + Hard Hitting News

2 Likes

That would be disgusting in Custom Biotics. Whatever, Load, HHN, rez Zealous Judge. Consulting Visit for BOOM! or Scorches.

2 Likes