Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

We solved this in Slack yesterday. Just include Victoria Jenkins as a 1-of and 3x Executive Search Firms. You can lock the runner at 0 clicks, and with Jeeves on the table you have one click per turn to slow advance whatever you want. It’s unbeatable!

Proof of concept decklist here. If anyone hasn’t realized yet, this is a terrible idea and you should feel bad for considering it.

11 Likes

Just make sure those agendas include 3x False Lead.

1 Like

I do love a good jank deck from time to time (recall = load)…

1 Like

This is the only deck I want to play actually.

1 Like

Just got Station One. Yay! This is literally the first time I’ve seen cards before I heard about them on podcasts and whatnot.

3 Likes

This sounds stupid, but I’m 100% convinced that Los’ flavourtext is a Southpark reference, specifically the underwear gnomes. “From code to profit in three easy steps” = “Phase 1: collect underpants. Phase 2: … Phase 3: Profit” and nobody can tell me otherwise

4 Likes

Evil Level: Very High

@hbarsquared

Take a Load Off

Lock Established on Turn 10. Partial Lock came down on Turn 6, ELP+3xCSM+3xLoad, Leela broke it a bit because I forgot to rez the CSM’s when Leela used her only click to Inside Job on Archives that had an Agenda in it. Bounced a CSM… Set me back a few turns before I could complete the Lockdown with Jenkins.

11 Likes

You monster. I didn’t think anyone would actually try to get this working.

3 Likes

I’m just happy that there’s a place in the English language for the phrase “dies to pancakes”

5 Likes

Yeah, also Beth.
Which is why the deck runs Enhanced Login Protocol. Not only do you have one click per turn, if you want to break the lock you need enough to trash a CSM and do it through a card ability’s run.

1 Like

Chat is half the fun in pictures like this.

It’s like looking at a gore photo. Evil, and not quite right.

This CI deck got me thinking that you might be able to setup an effective AD line to get out a LT/CSM lock from scratch:

[Thinking Fast and Slow] (Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB)

Base Line:
SFMM[Jeeves, CSM, CSM] (2 Click, 1 Credit)
Rez Jeeves (2 Cl, 3 Cr)
Hasty[BL, LT, LT] (1 Cl, 3 Cr)
AD[BL, LT, LT] (2 Cl, 8 Cr)
LT (2 Cl, 8 Cr)
Install CSM (1 Cl, 8 Cr)
Install Jenks / Play ELP (end; 8 Cr)

Requirements:
1 Hasty
1 AD
1 SFMM
1 BL
3 LT
1 Jeeves
1 Jenks
3 CSM

From empty board to lock. Think you could get this pretty fast given the recursion / draw in the deck. You could conceptualize a soft lock line with a previous turn ELP that would be even less restrictive I’m sure.

2 Likes

5th Pack Announced: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/30/free-mars/

5 Likes

Interesting, O2 shortage seems best in Jinteki (or maybe Scorpios if you can FA something), Bloo Moose is nuts and Rip Deal (what does this mean?) could be pretty solid.

4 Likes

Yeah; the chat wasn’t interesting. I’d just scored the Hades Fragment, and asked if I could win now. He said ‘yeah, sure’, conceded, then I said ‘sorry, wasn’t sure I had the lock yet.’ and he left without comment. Otherwise the chatbox was full of ‘Runner loses click to Load Testing’ lines…

I feel the main innovation here is the Hades Fragment to keep yourself from milling out when you have one-click turns.

Why EBC and not Tech Startup? Is that Val tech?

EDIT: Nevermind. I get it. You want CSMs and Jenkins in hand so you can MirrorMorph them.

1 Like

Isn’t Museum of History better for this?

And people said CI7 was noninteractive…

This deck is pre-MWL IG54 level degenerate to me. I hope FFG can handle it without CI7 becoming collateral damage.

2 Likes

You know, the more CI whisperers teach me about CI MUs, the more I think the deck is fair. And it’s just plain cool.