Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Is this that big a deal? In a world with Beth and where plenty of people run dirty laundry, all you have to do is use your spare click to draw until you have a run event, then trash the Jenkins (which moves her to the score area). Once she’s off the board the deck gets pretty wobbly. That assuming you don’t just trash her at some point from a random r&d access.

It’s non-interactive certainly, but it doesn’t feel like 54 IG where you’re screwed once the pieces are setup

2 Likes

3 LT + Jenks = 0 clicks. There is no spare click.

The corp side has 1 click to work with a turn from Jeeves (3x LT). It is literally the most non-interactive deck possible, in that the runner does not get to Play the game. You are certainly “screwed” when the pieces are in place.

Having Beth + DL works in shaper, but you can just duck the Beth click. If anarchs slums/AI a single LT/CSM it’s an uphill fight, but a soft lock of 1 click + ELP can still be attained.

Like every good deck, criminals seem to be relatively fucked by it though. Mammon Siphon is gonna be a huge boost for criminal vs. CI.

2 Likes

Jak and Desperado helps to clear out the CSM’s. So Criminal has some options. OotA is another option for Shaper. And now there’s a reason for Akshara!

I really hope this is not consistent enough to play competitively.

1 Like

I dunno the AD/Hasty line i proposed is a little janky, but you can also do a single turn setup with CrushU’s version using 2 BL and SFMM.

I think I’d modify his version to have FiHP to grab trashed CSMs, and AM to grab LPL (or w/e) back, but I think this can probably perform fairly consistently with some slight modifications.

The most hilarious counter to this deck is Wyldcakes…

Wait, no… You’d have to have only Pancakes out… Hm.

Basically the deck banks on CI7’s existence. It doesn’t make any remotes (except maybe Jeeves) and you’re playing a bunch of the same cards…

Welcome to a meta warped by CI7’s presence.

The deck has surprisingly few flex slots. At best I could drop some of the ice to get FiHP or AM… Also after playing it, I’d really like a PAD Campaign or some other drip econ to just speed up the game a bit.

1 Like

I was tinkering with your list, and you’re right the slots are very tight. I ended up replacing the code gates with 3 Magnet’s (3 slots freed) to grab 1 AM and 2 FiHP.

I also replaced GFI with Eden and subbed out a GLC for a EBC. The game is likely going to three agendas with 1x GFI anyway. I do like that GFI provides Mad Dash / FTE protection though (could be a 2 agenda game with those factored in).

I changed EC to CST. Wasn’t sure I could reliably score EC with my gear check ICE, and CST makes it so I don’t mill myself to death with 1 click turns of “credit, advance, credit, advance, etc…” (In case Hades is lost or buried in R&D).

I also dropped another GLC for a BLC, and a ELP for a VLC to try and make the combo drawing a little faster (plus need more draw since less ICE).

I’m not certain all the mods I made are the right way forward. A 9 ICE deck feels pretty lean. I’ll need to actually play with it to test .

Interesting.
It feels fun to be forging new combo paths :stuck_out_tongue:
I would wager that dropping ELP isn’t right; it helps in Employee Strike current wars. GLC for BLC is potentially correct; I’ve always had a love affair with GLC.

Someone earlier pointed out that Museum of History might be worth it. If the deck goes to 54 cards, three of those cards will be Museums.

The Voting Machine Initiatives are more of a blank 5/3 to try and cut down on random agenda steals; you could theoretically score it to set up a soft lock a couple turns in advance or while missing a few pieces. I’d considered Vanity Fair’s for a little while to try and drop the agenda count further, but ran into influence problems, and it increases variance so… I can buy EC -> CST change.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/9/crimson-dust/ Crimson dust intro is up

1 Like

That Jemison Helium Policy combo…Might just work. Mining Accident sounds like a great way to give the corp Bad Pub, just wish it had some kind of downside. Excited!

I feel like the fact that the corp can pay five to dodge it and that you need to run a central successfully to use it are pretty big downsides. Maybe use it after vamp?

1 Like

If you’ve camped the corp to 0, you should be medium or keyhole digging them to death. Don’t really need a bad pub at that point. I feel like the 2 effects of this card are useful at quite different times, so giving the corp a choice is a big downside. But both effects are strong, so it might get there.

Caldera is great, giving crims packing Feedback Filter a point of influence back.

And Dummy Box is probably better than it looks. Imagine playing DLR with Laguna Velasco District in Hayley, with a million resources and Dummy Box to turn them all into clickless Fall Guys… Oh mama.

Edit: Actually, I got excited enough to repurpose an old list. Super rough, but there’s something horrifying in here somewhere.

Capgras DLR (SacCon = Dummy Box)

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (8)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Interdiction (Martial Law)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Resource (33)
2x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set)
2x Artist Colony (Kala Ghoda)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang (Blood Money)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof) [color=#FF4500]●●●[/color]
1x Fall Guy (Double Time) [color=#4169E1]●[/color]
3x Fan Site (Old Hollywood)
2x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus) [color=#FF4500]●●●●● ●[/color]
3x Laguna Velasco District (Terminal Directive)
1x Paparazzi (Old Hollywood)
3x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway) [color=#FF4500]●●●[/color]
1x The Source (Creation and Control) [color=#708090]●●[/color]
3x Wireless Net Pavilion (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Icebreaker (1)
1x Brahman (Salsette Island)

Program (3)
3x Paricia (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I think you rarely play Mining Accident when the corp has the option to pay 5. It’s definitely a card meant for siphon decks, and the bad pub may help you deal with today’s more taxing ice and friends to recur trashed ice. Not sure if that’s worth a slot though.

I like the idea of it in an Anarch deck focusing on HQ pressure. BP is great with Lamprey. Either they pay 5 or they make it easier for you to harass HQ and drain them slowly.

I’ll let the experts pass judgment on whether it’s actually good or effective, but Dummy Box is a very interesting counter to a lot of the destruction and Skorpios shenanigans that have prompted so much hand-wringing lately

2 Likes

MCA Austerity Policy seemed good at first glance. However, the runner would be foolish to leave it alive long enough for you to get your 5-6 click turn. If you have a window big enough so they cannot get in an trash it, why not just be scoring the agendas directly?

I will concede that fast advancing a 5/3 would be pretty satisfying though. With a Jeeves/Biotic you can FA a Vanity Project. With 3 Biotics and a Jeeves you can FA a Government Takeover. With SanSan you can FA two 3/2s. There are a few items you can tick off your bucket list but I do not see it being all that great.

3 Likes

Yep. Its super interesting. Seems pretty great to take shaper hate to skorp.

Because there’s a chance that they win the caprice psi game, or play a rumor mill or polop, and steal the agenda. The downside to them trashing MCA Austerity Policy is a lot less.

1 Like

This dies to 25 corp credits or something, bruteforcing trashes.
Personnal records : W15 - L2 to Minh Maxx.

Boo to caldera. Net damage decks are only interesting at all due to breaking the rules on the normal economic war of netrunner, and ff and caldera just drag it back to the original axis (and punish those op brain damage decks of course).

Net shield is a well designed counter as it allows counter play. This shit is ‘did you tech against and draw it? No? Gg I guess’.

3 Likes