Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

I don’t understand why Caldera is a Criminal card …

2 Likes

Breached Dome is going to be silly in PU.

It’s strictly worse than shock in PU (lower trash cost). The couple of weeks where you can play both will be bad, but besides that it should be the same or slightly worse.

Edit: I guess you could argue that trash from deck from Breached Dome isn’t turned off by strike, so maybe not strictly worse.

1 Like

It might see play in Load Testing prison decks where you just take all their clicks and don’t let them play. Lets you have power turns where you still lock their board and score out an agenda.

Is it just me or is Threat Level Alpha a really worrying card…? Thank god it’s a Double, at least.

1 Like

It gives you more options by taking a click away from the runner. So now your Turings and Fairchild 3.0s are impenetrable without a breaker. It also puts a lot of pressure on in the early game. It basically says you have 6-9 clicks left to find a breaker or I’m scoring a 5/3 from hand. If that 5/3 is an Elective Upgrade you just pretty much lost the game.

5 Likes

It being a Double makes it okay. But tagging without the need for a run is scary.

1 Like

So was Threat Level Alpha ever clarified? By how it’s worded, it almost seems like the “If the runner has no tags” part always fires, even if the trace is unsuccessful. Since it’s laid out like Taurus.

2 Likes

Nice point about fairchild 3.0 and Turing. I think the best card to compare it to is public support. Like public support, it puts your opponent on a clock to get into the remote, and if they can’t it gives you a big benefit. And if they do get in, they may open up a scoring window by depleting their resources. It has the downside of requiring corp clicks, but the upside of draining the runner’s clicks as well, and a potentially much larger effect if the runner lets the clock tick down.

Hence Dummy Box over Fall Guy. If you can draw four cards with two clicks to block three trashes, and then DLR twice, your opponent won’t make any forward progress.

I think this deck has chops, but sadly it’ll only be legal for one space in between releases before DLR rotates.

you and I have different definitions of “sadly”

9 Likes

Earth’s Scion status is Shipping now, US Release date of 5/25.

3 Likes

Cybernetics Division->Enforced Curfew/SFC->Threat Level Alpha-> 1 Scorch. On demand kill seems pretty scary. Trace 1 sucks though.

Well some interpretations of the text do not require the trace to succeed to tag. If that’s the case it’s completely broken. If it does require a successful trace then it seems pretty bad compared to SEA Source. If you’re trying to increase the number of tags on someone who hasn’t yet gone completely tag me, you should slot Big Brother instead of this.

SEA requires a successful run though, whereas TLA doesn’t, right? That’s not a trivial difference.

I think it’s very trivial. No runner is playing around SEA Source at the moment. If you have the credits to Sea-Scorch someone and the cards in hand, you’re going to get it off.

This doesn’t change the number of credit it dies for ?
Not sure a 5c ressource in a Paparazzi deck works very well.

Most often, yes. But it does allow you to get another first turn kill:

1 Like

It simplifies to a single subcontract and 2 scorch if successful trace not required (which is the case, based on its wording and similarity to Zodiac ICE).