Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Unfortunately I can see that being the case. It is another piece they can use to get the lock on and allows them to build up to being able to FA a 3/2 from hand.

I think this is the biggest advantage and one I did not think of. While the corp is losing a click, the runner is too so Turing and Fairchild 3.0 are pretty amazing. Even if the runner is rich but does not have a decoder, it will stop them getting in to trash it and allow you your power turn.

The potential problem I am seeing with it is power turns have been known to create NPE experiences (think of Dyper and CI7). I do not think MCA Austerity Policy is as bad in terms of actual power and also the fact that there is some counter play to it. I just hope that someone does not think of a way to abuse it into something on the same level as Dyper and CI7.

http://imgur.com/a/jljdp Earth’s Scion spoilers up

4 Likes

Is it just me, or is Aeneas Informant really good? Especially when you get them stacked up, or have ways to get free runs going.

Or just comboing it with Temujin. Put it on a remote, and just start getting 5-7 credits free per run?

1 Like

Add in Maw and you’ve got something pretty good in my opinion

Very excited about dedicated processor. The flavour is so shaper, but I also think its a really strong card. It’s amazing on Yog, good on Mimic, heck you can even slap it on inti. Come to think of it, that’s a whole breaker suite right there :slight_smile: The more realistic plan is to run a rig of mimic, yog, and lady/paperclip, and use dedicated processor as a replacement for or supplement to datasuckers. I’m also excited to try it out of Kit, again pairing it with yog, where it basically gives makes all code gates between 0 and 2 to break. Throw in some egrets, and maybe an inversificator to prevent them sticking code gates on the outside of all their servers, and you have some serious pressure.

2 Likes

Nasir + Rubicon Switch, anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

Dang there’s a lot to comment on in that pack, but my top two are CRIMINAL TUTOR and “Its eyes keep following you” :rage:

1 Like

So Adjusted Matrix officially has unplayable wording

2 Likes

The only thing that Rosetta 2.0 can tutor for that Special Order can’t is Sneakdoor Beta. Every other program Criminals use is either an icebreaker or a virus (Medium, Tapwrm, datasucker). I’m not seeing a lot of great uses out of the card at the moment. It lets you switch your sneakdoor beta for another program after the corp ices HQ, but is that worth the 3c and a click to install Rosetta?

Authenticator in the Sync Boom decks, anyone?

Yeah, I think it’s super busted. Crim can make 32c in one turn with Temujin, Desperado, and 3x Aeneas. At least it gives corps a reason not to go horizontal / asset spam, which is important after one of the most powerful asset spam cards ever (Estelle Moon) was released.

1 Like

Non-unique, zero install cost, and it’s not even limited to once per turn (or even run). Great card for running into that HB super-server with Breaker Bay, Ash and Adonis, as much as it is for controlling asset spam decks. It will even pay out randomly on central runs. It’s like a mini-Scrubber, in Crim.

2 Likes

It makes sense for Criminal to profit off of undefended assets though.

“So… you’re not gonna protect this at all? I can just walk right in? Okay, don’t mind if I do…”

Meanwhile Anarchs see an unprotected asset and burn it to the ground, while Shapers don’t really care cause assets aren’t Enigmas worth solving.

3 Likes

It wasn’t meant as criticism! I think it’s well suited to the faction, and at one influence I expect to see it in Anarch.

1 Like

I would throw in Keyhole as an alternative to Medium that can be tutored.
Rosetta 2.0 also plays nice with Cache and, depending on how often you use it, saves Clicks compared to Special Order. And the 3c up front can be mitigated by Career Fair. I think it’s a solid card.

Cache is a virus though.

Well you don’t wanna play NEXT Opal if your deck has any agendas in it

6 Likes

The idea is you install cache, take the money, then remove cache from the game to tutor whatever non-virus program you need

4 Likes

My first thought was Rex, but yeah, same idea. In a pinch you could even self-Scavenge a Femme.
Apart from the aforementioned Sneakdoor and Keyhole, other cards that one might want to tutor for are Au Revoir and Tracker.
It’s not necessarily a great card (which is fine, because Crim shouldn’t have its own SMC), but it provides a lot of flexibility and creates some interesting possibilities.

1 Like