Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

I’m willing to test it out, but I’m less optimistic than you.

Let’s say you change 3 special orders and 3 sure gambles into 3 copies of Rosetta 2.0 and 3 caches. If you draw the Rosetta first, then the caches, you spend 1 click and 3c upfront and make 2c less per cache rather than gamble (-7 credit, -1 click), but save 6 credits and 3 clicks using rosetta instead of special order. Making 1 less credit and saving 2 clicks is a pretty good deal. But that comes with a risk - what if you draw rosetta without cache or vice versa? Sure Gamble and Special Order are both good cards on their own. Sure Gamble also helps early game far more than the Rosetta/cache combo against tagging decks and asset decks, where you just need money and aren’t as concerned with icebreaker tutoring.

1 Like

NEXT Opal is hilariously bad. Berzerker’s wording is strange. Is the str boost for the length of the encounter? Or the run? Or forever? No way to tell.

So… Dat Shaper mod that pumps strength.

Why is that not more influence?

If NEXT Opal said, “you may install a card,” it would be still not great but way better.

The runner can wreck HQ each turn.

1 Like

If it read that, atleast you could use it to boost other NEXT ice, now it’s terrible even as a one off.

With Dedicated Processor I predict that Yog.0 will be a tier 3 on mwl.

2 Likes

Yup, it’s a bad pack, but it’ll will make playing core set games real interesting for people playing only with one other person that shares the exact same card pool as them. FFG got you and you girl dawg

A few interesting cards. Bioroid Work crew seems situationally strong, but I’m a bit confused about the flavour. I’ll be trying a deck with this Subliminal Messaging and Biotic Labours to FA 3/2s, and 4/2s with biotic.

Beserker is one of those Icebreakers that confuses me as it seems to have no real use cases (see Leviathan Force of Nature and Nfr also). At it’s most efficient it saves 1 credit compared to Paperclip (Eli 1.0, interior Curtain Wall) but there are so many scenarios where it’s worse even than Corroder, and far too many non-breaks like Bastion or 2-Ice Seidr. Why couldn’t it be 1 to use?

1 Like

Nfr is really cool design - the idea is you use Null’s ability to get it the first few counters, then by the end of the game it’s super strong. The problem is that anarchs have really good IDs like Whizzard and Val, and really good fracters like corroder and paperclip, so this will never be a competitive combo. But it’s pretty neat.

I started salivating when I actually ‘read’ this card. Holy cow!

I don’t understand why people think Aeneas is going to be good against Foodcoats. It is not. It is not strong against decks that happen to put upgrades/assets into an actual defended server - it is however good against asset spam decks where you do have to check remotes (but not trash all the things).

1 Like

Because it’s a hardware (and is thus incredibly hard to tutor) and already costs three influence? Anarch has a much better three influence hardware that makes you not care about ICE strength; it’s called Sifr. And Criminal would MUCH rather play something else with their three influence, especially given how many of their breakers are already 2 credits for 3 or 4 strength (Breach, Golden, Demara, Peacock, Alias, the perennially awful Aurora…). Sunny definitely doesn’t want this card (she’s already 2 credits for 3 strength), and I’m pretty sure Adam and Apex don’t care about it.

3 Likes

I think your forgetting one of the most common scenarios: Apex with endless hunger where you run into an ice wall that has been advanced 11 times.

6 Likes

Apex likes the AI mod though. Turns Endless Hunger into a clickable breaker for two clicks and five credits.

3 Likes

Apex with Endless Hunger + Adjusted Matrix + E3 can actually break stuff (although does not help firing off an Apocalypse).

Anyone else jazzed about building decks with Rosetta 2.0? I’m thinking Opus Andy for a start, something like this:

National Treasure

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (15)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay)
2x Employee Strike (Data and Destiny) ●●
1x Mad Dash (Daedalus Complex)
1x Rebirth (The Liberated Mind)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount) ●●●●

Hardware (3)
2x Logos (Honor and Profit)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (14)
2x Aaron Marrón i[/i]
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Rosetta 2.0

Icebreaker (7)
1x Abagnale (Terminal Directive)
1x Demara (Terminal Directive)
1x Eater (Order and Chaos) ●●●
2x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)

Program (6)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between)
1x Keyhole (True Colors) ●●●
1x Magnum Opus (Core Set) ●●
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)

Use Rosetta and Cache or Faerie to get Opus, stack up cash, wait for the clincher, and land a crippling Vamp with Eater. Bonus points for Rebirthing into Iain and then taking all the agendas out of your opponent’s deck so they can’t win.

1 Like

I think your deck has too much MU in programs. I would probably make 3x Mammon and 1x faerie your only breakers, so you can have a Mammon+MOpus+sneakdoor/keyhole rig.

Owl - “It is eyes just keep following you.”

1 Like

Oh hey, Blood and Water has a US release date of 6/22 now.

1 Like

ty. there is any spoilers ?

7 Likes