Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Nothing new, just what’s on Four is Flatline.
061 Anarch ID Alice Merchant
062 Anarch Resource :diamonds: Jarogniew Mercs
063 Criminal
064 Criminal
065 Shaper
066 Shaper Program Mass-Driver
067 Shaper
068 Neutral
069 HB
070 Jinteki Agenda Obokata Protocol
071 Jinteki Operation Shipment from Tennin
072 Jinteki ICE Miraju
073 NBN Agenda Escalate Vitriol
074 NBN Agenda Reeducation
075 NBN
076 Weyland Operation Meteor Mining
077 Weyland Agenda Standoff
078 Weyland Operation Success
079 Neutral Asset Whampoa Reclamation
080 Neutral

I’ve heard word on the street that Shipment from Tennin is like a Mushin for ICE in that it throws a piece of ICE out and advances it a number of times. If true, it could be a huge boost to the tripple-advance Weyland ICE as well as Red Sands Couriers decks.

1 Like

That would be cool, but also really weird color-pie-wise to give Jinteki a card that they have absolutely no use for in-faction (notwithstanding Trick of Light, which will be rotating out in three packs)

Tenin has always felt weird within the Red Color Pie though. It’s not like you’re using the ability to make a Junebug spikier or cheese out a 5/3 (unless you’re jank-tastic). It’s mainly a mid-weight glacier archetype (or, at least, that’s how I build Tenin).

I’m not saying you’re wrong. Far from it really. I’m just not surprised at this clearly Weyland card being red. It’s like Geist being Criminal.

Side note: Why would it be so bad for Weyland to get something like this? Would an in-faction card where you spend 2 clicks to install an ice with 3 advancements on it be so overpowered in Weyland? I could see it even ignoring install costs. Builder of Nations could really use that to boost viability.

1 Like

Naughty boy !

1 Like

Not to mention a nice way to say goodbye to Because We Built it before it is gone from Standard play.

Expected this, clicked it, was not disappointed.

A+

3 Likes

Have we not already given last rites to bwbi?

1 Like

Indeed. BWBI was DOA.

1 Like

not even a specific ID, but lots of new weyland ice have come out with benefits for having been advanced 3 times (Hortum, Mausolus, Colossus). you’d also get a 4-str Ice Wall with this or an 8-str Fire Wall
if you also had to pay rez costs, it’s basically up to a 9 credit discount for a bunch of the space ice

1 Like

Imho the main üroblem with advancing ice is ice-destruction, which makes the tempo-hit when doing this totally senseless

i don’t disagree with you, but not everyone has ice destruction, and with Parasite and Clone Chip both on the MWL and Knifed/Spooned/Forked at 3 inf, it’s very much an anarch thing.

sure, anarch is the meta right now because of Whizzard, but that’s the meta. i’m just talking about from a design standpoint. Netrunner is very much designed to have checks and balances, and ice destruction exists as a counter to advanceable ice. it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t exist in the game though.

Didnt say that ice-destruction shouödnt exist. Its just an additional problem to the advance-ice-mechanic, which is a tempo-hit for itself (investing time and money).
I like the (faction-specific) mechanic, but i dont see good tools for it atm. U can (and have to) do more effective things instead.
And the destruction of ur work (clicks and credits) puts just the nail into the coffin of it.

Perhaps it will be more playabke if we get an upgraded BWBI which says “At the start of your (or perhaps each) turn place an Advancement-Token on an ICE that can be advanced.“

Well, that ID kinda already exists. I feel advanceable ICE has gotten some cool support lately (Anson Rose), and with Hortum there is now an advanceable ICE that is somehow resilient to ICE destruction, which is mostly carried out by cutlery + AI breakers. That doesn’t make all advanceable ICE good at a sudden, but I think this strategy has gotten a lot better with TD + Flashpoint than it was ever before.

Better but still badder :wink:
The ID isnt green and conditional.

I do think Anson Rose is undervalued. He’s 4 to trash and is something of a must-trash asset now that we have a critical mass of good advanceable ice.

1 Like

He’s even better now that Red Planet Couriers is a card. You don’t even need the advancements to be on ICE, you can just suck em right off good ol’ Anson.

2 Likes

Anson basically has the ability that someone wanted earlier; putting an advancement counter on an ICE that can be advanced at the start of your turn. Except it’s even better, because those advancement counters can go to any ICE when you rez it…

Seriously, this ability needed to exist before AOWR cards like Tyrant/Woodcutter. Shoot, I might dust off Swarm… (Not Salvage though, that one’s still trash.)

Swarm is so close to really good right now. Its day is nearing, I can feel it.

Knowing how things go, it’ll reach peak performance just before it rotates =P

1 Like

Especially cause sentries, especially high str high impact, are at an all time low. Last few weeks I’ve been so disrespectful, running without a Mimic most the time or without sucker tokens.