Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Look at all those cables hanging down from Maui in that cave. Is that supposed to be Los’ console? I mean, all this cables from his suit must be of some use.

2 Likes

i think we can reasonably assume that it’s Los’ console given they released in the same cycle. Damon seems to be a fan of designing a whole rig breakers + console (and even some events and resources) for each runner ID. even when he made two Anarch IDs in flashpoint, he still made a console for each of them and 2 breakers for one, 3 for the other and a few events for them

as for the cables. i’m sure there’s some in-world explanation for them, but i’d be interested to know what it is. could be oxygen? but he’s not wearing a mask. maybe he just wears the mask when he’s outside of the domes? it could be a liquid with some other purpose

2 Likes

Mass Driver in Kit

But isn’t inversificator pretty much always better?

1 Like

I was away from the game and didn’t see Inverse. Yeah I guess it’s cheaper to break the same one twice than the outer one once with Mass Driver.

[quote=“moistloaf, post:507, topic:8189”]
edit: actually probably a better NA tool in SYNC due to the strength of 4/2s in faction that are otherwise tough to score.
[/quote]No need to never advance. Get two of these in hand and fast advance a 4/2

I recently have tried Mass Commercialization in a Titan Fast advance, Anson Rose, Build a Bank, Trick of Light deck. Gaining 8, 10, or 12 for one click is amazing. Also, it was nice to recover from a siphon.

Free Mars has a US release date of 7/20, according to the Upcoming page.

3 Likes

The inexistence of any information concerning the modalities of the rotation bothers me.

There’s 2 years from the last info, nothing changed and the next cycle is a question.

1 Like

In Four is Flatline an user published some spoilers from a Japanese source:

Am I the only one who thinks forcing the Runner to trash cards from the top of their stack is not a fun mechanism? I really wished they never introduced that.

1 Like

Yes. I think it might have been fine with Ark Lockdown, and the conspiracy breakers provide interesting new gameplay elements, but with Skorp in the picture I can’t help but find it a bit silly.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t think a single card in those Japanese spoilers looks good at all? The Weyland one is closest to playable (in Skorpios), but 4 to rez, 3 to trash is a terrible ratio, and slots are tight in a 44 card deck.

1 Like

I think Flashbang may be situationally useful against low-strength sentries (or with Datasucker/Dean Lister).

First, you need to be willing to vamp the corp at pretty much any time; I don’t think you will have a lot of opportunity to use it as a remotely eficient breaker. It essentially breaks all subs and derezzes for 6c after match, which is not terrible against Komainu and Brainstorm. Against Rototurrent and Cobra it is ok, but not really good. Against Susano you really want anything else.

I think Flashbang + Mongoose could be an interesting sentry solution. Not necessarily great, but it offers some slot compression in an econ denial criminal.

Maybe not amazing, but a pretty cool card that fits into the criminal color pie and explores some interesting new design space.

It does seem weird to me that there haven’t been any news items about the next cycle, given that this one is only a pack away from wrapping up

1 Like

@hypomodern Maybe they’ll go Games of Thrones, end the game, remaining silent about it so we’ll still buy last DP, then calling the new game “ANR Season 2 - shouldn’t mix with Season 1, you still can but shouldn’t but still can, wink-wink”.

Honestly who could say ? This even wouldn’t be surprising :confused:

French nats are in september and nobody knows what will be legal and how. I quite fear a “prepared in June 2015, announced in September 2017” change right before our nats :confused:
EDGE fr had hard time to settle a date, honestly we can guess that in backstage something is happening but nobody knows what :confused:

Hmm yeah I suppose it’s good against sentries like komainu. Combined with Los/compromised employees to make money off the rez and Keros to make money off the derez, it will make corps not even both to rez sentries. Then again, that combo + rubicon switch can make corps just not rez ice period, the problem is not losing the game before you set up the combo.

1 Like

EVERYTHING IS FINE. THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL BEHAVIOR FROM A PUBLISHER THAT IS 100% NOT GOING TO ABANDON THIS GAME.

4 Likes

We need emoji reactions so I can “sad” this.

2 Likes

Here’s how I’ve heard things. The next real release (in between this cycle and the next) is Core 2.0. From what I hear, FFG doesn’t want to actually announce Core 2.0 until as late as possible, because of what that news will mean for game stores. Right now, game stores sell the most of their Netrunner product as the Core sets from new people trying out the game. If a Core 2.0 is announced, it devalues the crap out of the original Core set, since at that point it’s no longer really a valid product. This means that all the Core sets that stores have (and what they’re ordering the most of, since it’s what sells the most) suddenly become nearly worthless, and have to be replaced with Core 2.0 sets. Supposedly, we’ll hear about the next Core around Gencon.

As far as the next set goes, it’s being partially redesigned by Boggs, as apparently it needed it. So that’s one reason it hasn’t been announced, as cards are (or at least were? I don’t know how extensive this was or if it’s done or not) being reworked. Another reason is that this set is mostly designed around making up for cards that Core 2.0 and the upcoming rotation removes from the game. They’re not strait up re-printing cards that are removed, nor are all the cards similar ideas from what’s being removed, but the printing similar concepts of cards that do exist might raise some eyebrows if they announced them right now, since people would be like “Wait, doesn’t that effect already more or less exist in X card?” without the knowledge that X card is going away.

Anyhow, that’s the scuttlebutt. Normally I take things like this with enormous chunks of salt, but I’ve heard this from enough different and trustworthy sources that at this point I’d have to be actively dissuaded from the veracity of them.

The Net isn’t falling, it’s just being redesigned :wink:

8 Likes