Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

Something that might be fun is, after using Hunter Seeker to kill something, following up up with a Ark Lockdown to remove it from the game. Hopefully you didn’t need that barrier breaker…

Looks like these cards are from more than just Red Sand; you can see what looks like a white square symbol on some of the cards that is definitely not the Red Sand icon

My guess is either an unreleased set or a big box. Any idea what the highest number is for the squares? It could give us a clue about if it is big box or not.

Highest looks to be 51 for Hunter Seeker, which is where a Weyland card could fall in the third pack of a cycle

I’m really bored, so I went through the spoilers for the symbols. There’s this: http://imgur.com/ZBJ9wex symbol which is found on a Weyland and a Jinteki card (highest number 112, so, uh, late Flashpoint cycle). There is also this symbol: http://imgur.com/vIr1Pe0 which is found on some Weyland cards and an HB card (highest number 51).

Unfortunately the cards with numbers in the same ballpark also have the same symbol, so while I would like to jump on the hypetrain for a new product, I’m not sure if maybe test prints of packs have different symbols or something. Since the numbers are impossible to read on most cards, I can’t draw any further conclusions. As far as I can tell, there are no matching numbers on different cards (so no two products) and there is no draft symbol anywhere so I don’t think it’s draft packs either, or they just removed the draft symbol.

Edit: Yeah turns out that one of the icons is just Flashpoint…oops.

2 Likes

Just send them to your Crick on Archives and reinstall the ICE you just trashed. Over and over

5 Likes

Also worth mentioning that the stuff that has the new symbol has a 2016 copyright date, while all the Red Sands stuff so far has a 2017.

11 Likes

Nah, you don’t fail at English, you just color outside the lines a little bit.

So Weyland is primed for a good time, yeah?

Film Critic is going to come back in style, so let’s solve that problem before it becomes one.

Why aren’t there more likes for this? These are awesome spoilers?

So anyway, the Jinteki card that draws cards is clearly a way to make accelerated diagnostics work with cards in hand. Yaaaaay

2 Likes

Miraju over archives with Akitaro Watanabe is kind of hilarious. You have to let the sub fire to get in. (Or bypass it I guess, but that’s cheating.)

I’m not coming up with much right now, but surely there’s some kind of janktastic wombo-combo to be had here?

Have you noticed success says advance a card x times instead of place x advancement tokens? So anything triggering on advancing something (i.e Oaktown) will trigger.

6 Likes

Oh, yes indeed. Jemison gets a truly insane number of advancements from it. Sacking a 5/3 gets you 4 tokens from the ID plus 5 advances from Success. An unadvanced Hollywood renovation on the board gives its standard bonus once and its double bonus 3 times. 16 advancements for 3 clicks? Yes please.

Probably good that success was written to avoid comboing with accelerated diagnostics.

1 Like

Score Standoff first turn. The runner cannot trash anything. I wonder if that is considered declining to trash a card?

It should be, they can’t do the action so they are forced to decline. It’s not only a matter of desire/intent

So just to check, Tithonium can’t be Oversight AI’d, as it’s still a hosted card in addition to a condition counter?

OAI it ceases to be a card once it’s hosted and becomes a counter.

1 Like

Oh shoot, I totally misread Standoff until now as discarding from Stack/R&D. The reality is so much more brutal.

I think this is my new favorite agenda of all time.

1 Like

Same here, as far as it being a favorite. I fell in love the moment I heard about it.

This agenda is perfect design space for Weyland: In your face, ballsy, turns on other really good faction shenanigans, doesn’t give the Runner real points.

2 Likes

When it’s unrezzed, you can host things on it, so it would let you have a free unconditional rez if oai was a card, and as it stands, Rook still works until it’s rezzed, then it would fall right off

HOT SCOOPS

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/9/station-one/

4 Likes