Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

It seems like the clan cards might be Anarch only, given we’ve seen two and one event that interacts with them and all three cards were Anarch.

Finally a Crim ID that seems good. And should play like a hybrid of Gabe and Leela! I like.

6 Likes

it’s basically what Khan should have been? like i can’t see any reason for anyone to try to make her work knowing that Los is coming (when we’re waiting for Keros McIntyre anyway)

7 Likes

Exploit seems fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And the wombo-combo power turn decks everywhere rejoiced.

Counter Surveillance seems cool, but when you pay X, you have to pay equal to the number of tags, and not just any number of credits up to the number of tags. If you go full on tag me, you better be sure you still have all those credits available when you access.

1 Like

Just realized that Los is a less variable, Criminal Nasir. I may have a new BFF.

7 Likes

That Surveillance anarch card seems good. Assuming she can access Minh Maxx can just access your whole deck at late game. Or it’s just a super Medium for tag me decks that requires 0 prior runs

Los is really cool. As is Clan Vengeance with chrome city cards. And surveillance is OP.

1 Like

Slightly confused about why I’d play self-adapting code wall (other than the awesome artwork), maybe we’ll get a whole load of ice buffs?. I like the other cards, especially the ID and Clan Vengeance. I also thought cybernetics with it, which seems sweet (couple with stim dealer perhaps?).

I hope they scatter the clan stuff about a bit. They did specifically mention that this was Clan Aeneas’ turf, so they could be giving different clans differing faction emphases.

I think the point with Surveillance is that you have to pay a credit for each tag you have, so you need to be both very very tagged and equally rich to really go nuts. It seems obviously strong with Mars for Martians that’s already spoiled, which guarantees the credits. However that is also a priority event. As long the ‘clan-surveillance deck’ isn’t totally broken it seems pretty cool so far.

1 Like

Yeah, I think tag punishment is going to start to be more of a requirement for lots of decks going forward, even if they aren’t kill-focused at all otherwise.

Does the new Jinteki ID mess CS up? I’m assuming Eater breaks it, at the very least, right?

I like "Replanting"for Jinteki:PE. The runner did not run into your trap? No problem, take it back and try again with two cards. Resets the shell game.

8 Likes

It also makes positional ice more playable!

Seidr is a Bastion or firewall that costs 5 or 7 credits. Whatever. Unless it gives its bonus to reach other Seidr…meh

3 Likes

True, more flexible than “Sunset” (which will cycle out).

1 Like

Except if you get it down early, in which case it’s a 4 cost WoS which rewards you for stacking ICE (even if you don’t rez). I think it’s about right, and possibly looks good for NEXT Design.

If the Clan cards are Anarch-only, I wouldn’t mind if they were kind of a self-contained niche pool. Let the other factions get the general-purpose OP cards for once. Anarch could stand to sit out a cycle.

5 Likes

So now we’re defending 4 cost Walls of Static. I used to be like you.

8 Likes

I’m not sure that’s a useful comparison. In a two-deep server, Bastion is also a Bastion that costs 5 credits.
But the install costs shouldn’t count, unless you’re really paying 1/3/6 credits on other ice just to pump Seidr. Rather, the point of Seidr is to use it in a server that you were already planning to make deep.

4 Likes

Counter Surveillance seems stupid strong in an Anatomy shell. Forget Keyhole binges or patient Medium accumulation, we’re just gonna take your deck now. Also, big combo with Obelus!

3 Likes

It makes hhn a lot less appealing for the corp to land. It’s basically trading tags for accesses on rd. I can’ wait to test it