Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

It seems a bit unfortunate that they are giving the anti-tag mechanics to Anarch - the faction you already need to play to have hope of beating CtM.

Tying anti-tag tech to resources seems pretty dumb as well, either they’re effective and the yellow decks will just play a few more ASI, or they aren’t and there will be no change.

Like a lot of Damon’s stuff it’s interesting ideas with the numbers on the cards just thrown at the wall to see what sticks.

1 Like

I dont see this card as anti-tag tech.

If you if you include Counter Surveillance in your deck I would imagine its because you intend to go tag-me. Most likely with Siphons and Mars is for Martians. Siphon your opponent into the ground, avoid stealing any Food while you build tags then power turn with Mars for Martians, install CS then run to access 10-20 cards from R&D.

2 Likes

Or you can just demo run rnd :smiley:

That was my first thought but unfortunatly you can’t do both on the same run :frowning:

1 Like

By virtue of being good when you go tag me, it will be good when corp wants to tag you though?

Anarchs will have more tools to successfully go tag me (either by their own efforts or the corps) when they are already the strongest at going tag-me/enduring the premier tagging deck.

TBH I still think its still good in those situations. Avoid tags for as long as possible and pitch any you draw (also works as deterrant from here), then if you do get tagged, Deja Vu for it and use it to get extra accesses with medium to try steal the win before EOI.

I agree that Anarch didn’t need this though. If anything I think this is a card that should have gone to Crims. Fits better thematically with them and they could really do with some native multi-access on R&D.

Anarchs running a counter surveillence operation?

If tag-me gets a bigger upside, it will help push CtM out of the meta. IMO that’s only a good thing (assuming we get some powerful corp cards and IDs to replace it).

1 Like

Im not sure why people always want to see a deck pushed out of the meta - there will be always be a strongest deck by the very nature of the game and its not as if tagstorm/ctm have had that long in the sun (about 3 months). Its a fantastic concept and fun to play from both sides I think.

What I want to see is CTM to stay in the meta and weyland/jinteki and to some extent HB get viable archetypes themselves to promote diversity. The spoiled cards in the gunslinger looked pretty good to be honest. Im quite optimistic about the future of the game.

4 Likes

Gunslinger? Have I missed something, that’s not the name of any pack I know about?

The Gunslinger event were games against the developers who were using unreleased cards.

There will always be a ‘best’ deck of course, the problem is the gap between the best archetype and the next best archetype.

I don’t have a problem with CtM/SYNC tempo&tag filling the cut at worlds because it has a win rate 1% or 5% higher than any other archetype - at the biggest comp in the world the best players are going to find those fractional advantages and want to use them. I do have a problem with it having one 10 or 20% higher. In the former case you can take one of the lesser archetypes to a lower level event and make up the difference in aggregate % with surprise includes or making better game play choices, in the latter if you want to do well you have to choose that archetype.

The same applies on the runner side of course - and the spoiling of cards which are for tag-me anarch which has already been shown to be the strongest runner archetype is going to make me raise an eyebrow.

Tempo-tag does some extra ire for being top deck from me personally as when both players are middling skill level (like me :)) it leads to some stupefying games of the runner keeping on top of the corp but not being able to close due to the raw power of the yellow cards. Much like Museum IG vs Whizz the fact that it was an incredibly skill intensive back and forth at the top tables didn’t stop it being a painful grind to time at the lower ones.

7 Likes

anarchs are already established as a faction that is attempting to operate while tagged.

criminals avoid them or shake them on the cheap.

2 Likes

Thats fair. I just wish Crims would get some better r&d access.

It would be a lot harder for Crims to leverage without deja vu to keep spamming siphon too I guess.

I don’t know if tagme anarch is the strongest archetype going forward. Cards like the recently released Best Defence and Data Ward, not to mention all the existing solutions Closed Accounts, ASI, EoI, Psycho, O&D, Boom/Scorch all necessitate answers that need to be worked around.

1 Like

Cause I couldn’t care less about watching worlds matches now, I’ve already seen Whizzard VS NBN like a thousand times. Good desks are good decks, but only decks that fit a certain criteria being good, it’s not good for the game. Good gravy.

1 Like

I was trying to figure out how to pronounce his name when this came to mind. I’m sorry.

10 Likes

wot. Reference to Line of Sight or…?

???

(apparently ??? is not descriptive enough to be posted)

‘lose’?

i don’t get it :frowning:

It’s a really dumb meme.

3 Likes