[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

Not worth the 2 slots, this is all about Reina’s ability. Without it, there’s too many ways to play around your primary game plan

I think you might need Scrubber for decks like HB, where early asset spam can remove any hope of an digging them into an economic grave. Crisium Grid is seeing more play, so it’s a cheaper way to remove that too.

So from your post, -1 Shutdown, -2 Earthrise, +1 Lucky Find, +1 D4v1d, +1 Vigil/Scrubber? This takes it closer back to SamRS’s list, ultimately with a better console and Liberated replaced by Lucky Find essentially. Less click intensive, but maybe even more reliant on getting that lock down early.

Given how important it is to bring the corp down to zero at some point, I think the second Vamp is pretty crucial.

Seem like data suckers would be great here considering all the free runs on centrals you get. Plus the ability to insta kill higher strength ice and the fact that a purge just gives you even more tempo. Any reason for there absence in this lists?

As my first real runner deck was Reina denial I think I’m going to have to try this out.

What’s your game against Crisium/Caprice on HQ?

Ultimately it’s deck space, but the idea is you don’t need the Datasuckers. Either ice is small - in which case you don’t need them - or it’s big (in which case you want to Crescentus it, not bother with Parasite).

you are going to miss it against blue sun though.

I think Crescentus is about the best BS hate card in the game. BS decks revolve around the fact that their investment in ice is somewhat temporary. When it’s not it makes them very sad.

5 Likes

Heres something totally bananas, but is MU too tight for gorman drip? When I ran siphon recursion noise gorman drip was frequently 4-5 bucks (with way less overhead, but the same # of clicks as lucky find). The deck functions low on cash anyway, putting addition pain on the corp to not draw or click for credits seems pretty solid. I can imagine them getting quite a lot of cash, and adds additional flex to the clone chips. Less good without deja though…

1 Like

Have you played the deck and found the money too tight?

1 Like

I try to get Reina working for me for a while and I have been playing in my head with similar concept lately, but somehow there were always Rook/Deep Red on my deck list. In my eyes it fulfills both functions, rezz denial and ice destruction (usually they just trash ice with Rook on it).

Have you considered include Rook on your list? In the end why is on your list?

Anyway are there any gameplay videos to see this deck in action?

Only 2 games sample size, but I was running eater + 2 mu (cres lamprey), so it wasn’t bad to me (MU wise). I wasn’t playing against a deck that could rez ice, so I’m not sure how money has been, most runs were free by the time I won, I have no idea if this is normal. I’m just throwing it out there for the hivemind who might have more games under their belt.

So no.

*I meant ofc - Why is not on your list?

Also, Noise.

There’s probably a pretty good money denial Noise deck to be assembled, though.

The only effective one I’ve found is anatomy, which isn’t that great any more. It is more of a tool in the toolbelt, slotting 1 lamprey. I don’t know that it could possibly better than Reina/this type of build.

The advantage is having 3 servers of pressure, but noise is way better at ice denial and punishing openings…you won’t end up better than a normal noise build IMO.

There might be something there. 3 Cache, 3 Gorman, 3 Crescentus, 3 Aesop is 15 influence. They all play heavily into the gameplan.

Scrubbers get replaced by Imps (which are way better with Noise/Aesop). Clone Chips replaced by Deja Vu. Keyhole by Medium.

Thrown together by way of example, this would probably force out ice on Archives better than the Reina one, and has additional accesses because, well, Noise. Eater doesn’t work well with Medium now I think about it, so should probably be swapped around (done below). But if you’re only running R&D when they’re broke, and focusing with Lamprey/Imp on HQ, that might not matter.

Noise Denial

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (11)
3x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
3x Sure Gamble
2x Vamp

Resource (9)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop ••••• •
3x Daily Casts
3x Kati Jones

Icebreaker (3)
3x Eater

Program (22)
3x Cache •••
3x Crescentus •••
2x D4v1d
3x Gorman Drip v1 •••
3x Imp
3x Lamprey
2x Keyhole
3x Parasite

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

On the other hand, Reina gets the lock down much harder. And the above list needs draw real bad.

But why in a reina post do you bring noise ?

Because x3r0h0ur and I were discussing Gorman Drip, and its usage in his Siphon-Noise.

Lets be honest, this isn’t a Reina thread, it’s a lamprey-vamp thread.

2 Likes

I’m for staying on track and breaking off another thread if we want to discuss denial Noise. No harm in a new thread guys.