[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

Reina’s ability is key here. You’re making them pay hopefully 5-10 extra creds at least during the course of the game. It’s not a minor deal.

2 Likes

I’m aware, but that’s not “new” really, is it? Neither is denial, but the approach taken here is new and it’s cool.

1 Like

What’s the gameplan versus NEH AstroBiotics? It seems to have all the ice that Reina doesn’t like to see: Pop-up, Wraparound, Quandary, Eli, (and to a lesser extent, in my build 2x) Lotus Field. Yeah, you have the tools to deal with those ice, but there seems to be more of a critical mass of them in NEH.

As well as the assets to divert credits that would be vamped/lamprey’d in Pad and DBS and burst from low credits. And in some cases the tools to score from 0 with an Astro counter. Do we just have to wait until Clot comes out to dominate against all with this deck?

You forgot Crescentus

Reina’s ability is at it’s best when it’s the difference between them rezzing and not rezzing ice. This deck is good at that, and you could only really get up to 9 viruses without deviating too far/having to use crypsis

Tried it, but it wound up fighting with knight for ice to sit on, I wound up liking xanadu better, hence its inclusion

influence in my original list was super tight as I needed card draw, so I didn’t really consider this. Now, my only concerns are card slots and baiting out purges prematurely. If the purging isn’t an issue and you can shave slots, try it out.

kill their ice and trash it

card slots were the real deterrent on this, also mem gets tight once you install keyhole. definitely worth trying though

I like it less than data sucker, and it could screw over a david vs oai ice, might be nice for insta-parasiting tsurigi though

It helps so much against neh that i’m cautious to cut it. It’s pretty useful against HB/RP as well, but like I said in the first post, it and david are metagame calls, if you feel it isn’t worth it at the moment, cut away. As for your list, how has queens gambit been? that’s the card i’m most hesitant about from looking at it. Also I’d agree on cutting draw, IHW or Earthrise, not both. Personally I really like earthrise, but you seem sold on IHW.

[quote=“tvaduva, post:64, topic:3185”]
What’s the gameplan versus NEH AstroBiotics
[/quote] astrobiotics’ economy usually sucks, I planned to bring an earlier version of this list to worlds because of this. It usually comes down to racing them with a keyhole, but it’s hard to race a keyhole. Also lotus field kinda sucks against this deck, 6-7 to rez and 3 to break or 4 to shutdown.

Also on mention of the shards, I was running a hades shard for a long time, and it was great, definitely worth the inclusion, utopia might be as well if you aren’t on the vigil plan

4 Likes

Eater-Crescentus-Lamprey-Vamp deck, really.

I want to recommend that anyone who hasn’t played the deck actually go out and play it a bit. It’s really unintuitive how it ends up working.

Datasucker and Imp run into this purge issue. Lamprey will almost always demand the purge if you get them to 0, so everything else with virus counters is going to be collateral damage. Most ICE with a lot of strength is impossible/bad to rez for the corp anyway. Lotus field is not a problem; you just derez the damn thing. Wraparound is way worse. The only virus I could see adding at this point is Gorman Drip; it might actually be as good as Lucky Find.

Queens Gambit is awesome. After playing 1 in Maxx, I wouldn’t want to play non-Noise anarch without one anymore.

6 Likes

Here’s where I’d shave for Drip:

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (11)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount)
1x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
2x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (6)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x Vigil (Order and Chaos)

Resource (9)
2x Scrubber (A Study in Static)
2x Xanadu (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Knight (Mala Tempora)
3x Eater (Order and Chaos)

Program (15)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Crescentus (A Study in Static) •••
2x Gorman Drip v1 (Opening Moves) ••
2x Keyhole (True Colors)
3x Lamprey (Upstalk)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

eater crescentus is indeed a nice combo, and fits well for reina.

Either way, it’s a bit silly to say that other anarchs with a similar gameplan shouldn’t be posted in this thread, the noise list that was mentioned was 90% similar but trying to get more pressure down by making a 3rd central in stead of getting money off rezzed ice. Which is just fair to discuss.

1 Like

I definitely have (prior to O&C), thus my question above about Lamprey timing :). Corps never seemed to have a problem staying ahead of me on econ and usually didn’t care about skipping a turn to turn Lamprey off.

Vigil + Eater might be the secret sauce, though!

I think it would be a WHOLE LOT worse. This is finally a deck that actually makes sense for Reina. Being able to rez a Wraparound for $2 on HQ kind of shuts down your game plan almost entirely. I don’t think it can or should be ported into any other ID.

1 Like

Yet, you have ported a lot of your Min. Punk Rawk build into this. Is that just a solid Anarch base now?

My other notes on the deck:
1 deja vu is pretty strong, 1 lamprey + 1 parasite is multiple turns of gas, 2 deja vu start to clog the hand though. I would put this in before SoT as it works as a SoT anyway.

If you want archives pressure, run sneakdoor, the influence is really flexible at this point.

Most annoying Ice for this deck, in order

Wraparound/space ice

big gap

ice wall
pop up window
quandry
himitsu

Efficient bioroids get an honorable mention if you don’t have time to click through, but crescentus + clicks makes it a bad idea sometimes

4 Likes

This is only getting worse post-Valley.

But being able to rez one for 2 credits doesn’t? I think Wrap is a real problem for this deck even if you’re Reina.

Reina + xanadu does solve it however. Crescentus + david counter is an option against that card unless they’ve scored gila or something

5 Likes

Fair point.

what’s in valley? haven’t kept up on spoilers

10: Brain-Taping Facility - HB
Asset: Facility
1credit - 1 inf - 4 trash
The cost to rez bioroid ice is lowered by 1credit for each unspent click the runner has.

If wraparound on HQ is a problem - and it seems to be - can we not find space for a corroder from somewhere. I think all eater decks should have corroder or knifed because Wraparound is the best hate ICE that is good in isolation. So it’s the one that’s definitely going to get played. Knight is alright protection, but it’s got all the standard Knight problems.

@spags - You can probably get past that by running clicks 3 and 4. If they’ve no money you don’t have to worry about anything other than Viktor 1.0 and tbh he’s not that scary. I concede HB is the most awkward matchup though.

No doubt. I’m just saying, you’re going to see more bioroid decks.