[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

1x S T I M D E A L E R. Get rekt, Bioroids!

Probably not the best idea but still a fun way to put on the pressure mid-game.

I haven’t said it yet, but I really like the deck idea and discussion. Reina is cool, hopefully this brings her into the limelight. Even if it may be about as fun to play against as being run over by an astrotrain…

2 Likes

I know everyone (including me) hates changing decks without lots of testing, but 3 games in (fresh off one during lunch), I’m serious about gorman, my opponent clicked so many times. I agree deja can be insane, more parasites, more lamprey, whatever you need. I’m going to force it in…here’s what I’ll be trying when I can play next. Hate if you want.

Reina Roja Freedom Fighter
15 influence spent (max 15) •••••••••••••••
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos
Event Event (10)

2x DĂŠjĂ  Vu
1x Emergency Shutdown ••
2x Inject
1x Lucky Find ••
3x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
Hardware Hardware (6)

3x Clone Chip ••••• •
3x Vigil
Resource Resource (10)

3x Daily Casts
2x Kati Jones
2x Liberated Account
1x Scrubber
2x Xanadu
Icebreaker Icebreaker (5)

3x Eater
2x Knight
Program Program (14)

3x Crescentus •••
1x D4v1d
2x Gorman Drip v1 ••
2x Keyhole
3x Lamprey
3x Parasite

slightly more flexible with built-in heap recursion (I’ve been playing too much RAM…), faster access to the shit you want with inject, less cost than Earthrise. Vigil is nuts, so that and inject are my draw. Will know more after this weekend when I can play next. Scrubber is getting my stinkeye here.

6 Likes

you say that now…

At least this has keyhole to finish. One benefit of getting astrotrained, that while you were powerless against it at that point, at least it’s over quickly. Suppose keyhole is in the back part of reina’s deck, you are going to spend a lot of time clicking for creds, scanning for virusses, and doing very little rezzing and advancing agendas.

I foresee joking or non joking wishing the reina player a spot in hell, questioning his manhood and just silent ragequits.

Isn’t being anarch fun :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

in 5 games so far haven’t used keyhole once. thinking about cutting to only 1, this deck can and does win without it

2 Likes

How many of those have been against NEH? because that’s usually where I want the keyhole. Not trying to make a snarky comment, just wondering if the matchup is fine without it.

yeah haven’t played NEH yet, but that makes sense

I used it in 1 of the 3 games, it is probably quite good against hub, ending the game as fast as possible is important. I loved running keyhole against NBN in anatomy, because you get good chances of plugging the astroscripts early, which turn the game into an uphill battle of money(for FA) + beales, which would be super tough here.

From what I’ve felt so far, keeping things cheap seems better, less cash on board state and more on running.

I do wonder if just accessing the fuckers is better though, ending the games sooner. I’d be curious to try medium…

I wasn’t going to say anything but I put the 2nd Keyhole on my chopping block along with Silverware and Scrubber. Maybe 1 is the correct number. It was helpful in racing against NEH though.

I think that when you actually play it, you’ll realize how hard this deck relies on the corp actually just not having enough money to rez ANY ICE. Letting them give up accesses from R&D mills just doesn’t feed into this plan at all. You actually lock them down, and while you might win some random games of mills, when you don’t hit agendas, you’re letting the corp get back on their feet. I don’t see any good reason to go in this direction.

I actually was playing a game vs NEH that I ended up losing because of shitty Keyholes racing an Astro-Trick of light train, (yep, space ICE and wraparound…). The game was really close only because Wraparound cost $3. In another game against Grail RP, I won because Gallahad on HQ cost $4. I think this deck is entirely nonfunctional outside of Reina and I think that it needs 2 Xanadu for sure. Rook is clunkier, because it costs time to move around, it ends up getting trashed, and while it keeps people down, it doesn’t usually end up make them spend any extra money, whereas Xanadu always does.

The problem is that Corroder does almost nothing else besides turn off Wraparound. It has the same stats as Eater, so it never actually increases your break efficiency against anything else. I think David-Knifed might be the best solution, since its so much more useful against non NBN decks, (David for Blue Sun, Knifed for Eli) but it’s hard to fit 2 of each.

This Gorman list is interesting. Deja definitely can pull some weight in this deck just because of Lamprey, Parasite, and allowing you maybe to go down to 1 Vamp. I think it’s worth testing. And btw I always change decks without testing :smiley:

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to comment on that, since you da champ, and I fear the wife beater.

if it’s tech against NEH, what’s the choice between keyhole and medium then?

medium gets hit by lamprey collateral and keyhole is better when R&D is completely open, and synergizes with eater to punish cheap 1 subs on R&D. Medium might be worth trying, but keyhole seems right. On average you need 7 keyholes for 7 points, that’s usually the turn you vamp + the turn they purge the lamprey.

5 Likes

Only if they needed to purge anyway. I think staying away from Viruses makes sense for this deck, but if R&D is free, in a vacuum, there is no question in my mind that Medium is better.

still, there are the odds that there’s a quandary there that you don’t want to deal with immediately.

Thanks for the answer. That made a lot of sense.

“Don’t take this the wrong way but I never want to play you again”
“I’m a good person, I’ve done a lot of nice things in my life, what did I do to deserve this”
“This is fucking dumb”
As well as a collective sigh from all the dallas locals when I told them I was dusting off the deck for TC. Those were all from saturday

12 Likes

Thinking about playing this deck alongside Shutdown CI at the next store champs to see if I can get killed in the parking lot.

31 Likes

Heard similar things for IT Dep & Val.

The grief is strong with Lunar->O&C.

Just realized that cyberedex virus suite won’t be accessed if you use eater, which was my main thought of “why aren’t people playing the obvious counter?”

Plus it’s 3 to rez, isn’t it? It self-denies if you use manage to install it and then pay for it against lamprey.

EDIT:

Those decks are painful to play against, but I feel like it helps our meta. You don’t learn much from things going according to plan, so figuring out how to scrape my way past your shenangins and figuring out how to come up with a new plan that doesn’t fit my deck as well is helpful for learning to play better. IOW, keep being a pain in the ass :smiley:

1 Like

Just for fun in PPVP version… but maybe too low economy, but I couldnt resist to try.

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (16)
1x DĂŠjĂ  Vu (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Vamp (Trace Amount)
1x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
2x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••
1x Planned Assault (Honor and Profit) ••
2x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
2x Day Job (Order and Chaos)
1x Forked (Order and Chaos)
1x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Spooned (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (8)
2x Spinal Modem (What Lies Ahead)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (5)
2x Xanadu (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Knight (Mala Tempora)
3x Eater (Order and Chaos)

Program (12)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Crescentus (A Study in Static) •••
2x Keyhole (True Colors)
3x Lamprey (Upstalk)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)

Doesn’t matter if it gets accessed, but that’s the problem right? With eater they won’t be accessing it. Oh well. Me->Drawing Board.