[Reina] Headlock: How to Make Sure Your Opponent Doesn't Get to Play Netrunner

hahaha me too; this or my reworked Noise miller time list :).

Wouldnā€™t you just be amplifying the normal chance of this happening to you?

2 Likes

All we can do is give ourselves the best chance possible

6 Likes

Embrace the variance.

1 Like

3 Likes

A few thoughts after playing it:

I played a few games with @SamRSā€™s deck the other day (the stock version) and I like parts of it, but the deck is just WAY too expensive for how much cash it generates. It relies too hard on Kati Jones and has only 9 economy cards in the whole deck. Thatā€™s rough. For a deck where everything effectively costs 4 to install, I donā€™t think thatā€™s enough economy.

I havenā€™t tried @mediohxcoreā€™s version, but it looks like itā€™s solved some of the problems while creating a few others. Mainly, as you guys have mentioned since, the wraparound problem. 2x David is necessary for a bunch of different matchups, and as a backup answer to Wraparound against NEH.

So, for comparison, hereā€™s my denial Reina list that Iā€™ve been doing well with: Just add this to the ā€œdecks that leverage Vigil and Crescentus wellā€ list. No Lampreys here, but my local test group has tried out a 3x shutdown 3x Crescentus version of Reina (and flexi breakers) with Lamprey that is pretty gross.

I have eschewed the AoA DLR package for actual breakers (it can work, I just prefer not to use it). (This is just the shell: sometimes I play 1 yog over the third SoT.) The goal is to force a ā€œheadlockā€ and then assemble your real breakers so that you can medium dig the corp out of the game. Eater is a place-holder for your normal breakers. By the end of the game, I will probably trash it to get something else online (David or whatever). In some ways, this is more like a ā€œReg Assā€ deck because of that. I prefer not playing Keyhole here because Keyhole is expensive and you are probably going to be using Eater to get in (which is also expensive); Keyhole can be swapped in for Medium, and I think some of the deck can be retooled to accommodate that. Anyway, the reason Iā€™m bringing this decklist up is that it deals with a lot of the problems you guys are talking about: It has 4 strong answers to Wraparound (2x corroder and 2x David), 3 [or 4] answers to low str Codegates (2x parasite, [1x yog in some versions], 1x Spooned + recursion), and then it has the Crescentus plan for things like Lotus or Tollbooth. In this way, Iā€™m giving myself the best possible chance to draw into my answers to problematic ice. Usually, I will draw through my entire deck with Vigil + IHW + normal draw. So, itā€™s just a matter of managing the opponentā€™s cashflow while youā€™re building your rig and gaining accesses.

Just some notes on Vigil: this is easily the best choice for Reina denial. It usually draws me anywhere from 5-12 cards. If the opponent is playing around it, I have a better chance of sniping an agenda from hand, so Iā€™m ok with that.

A note on Siphon: yay siphon. Sometimes I only get off one siphon and then the rest of the game is just keeping the corp poor with ice rezzing. Vigil starts to trigger and itā€™s like Iā€™m playing MaxX without milling myself. The deck can go siphon crazy if all green light indicators tell you there isnā€™t any Scorch or Traffic Accident, but Iā€™d prefer to play clean, if I can get away with it. I used to play 2x Vamp here, like in the ā€œheadlockā€ deck, and went down to 1 because they would frequently sit in my hand early on, and when the opponentā€™s deck is teched against siphon, theyā€™re discarded anyway. Just another way to go with the denial strategy. These decks are effectively doing the same thing, just with a few different card choices.

The netrunnerdb link is broken. ā€œUnauthorized Accessā€.

You need to publish the deck or make your profile settings allow people to see your private decks.

Fixed! Sorry about that.

Iā€™m inclined to stay away from Siphon only because your economy gets fucked if you canā€™t get the money, because you canā€™t play Kati, Daily, or Lucky.

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying to hybridize the decks. I wouldnā€™t play Kati with Siphon either.

sure game, daily, liberated and kati make 12 unless my mathā€™s off, thatā€™s the same as yours if you count siphon as econ + scrubber to help trash costs. Switching to Vigil helps with the install costs but I hit money issues in one game all day (loss in top 8 on stream, but it happens)

Is there an Nrdb list for this around? Iā€™m vaguely interested in toying with it, but if not itā€™s nbd.

Donā€™t NRDB and meteor both have text import functions?

1 Like

This is my stock list + the general feedback Macho Man Reina Savage Ā· NetrunnerDB. work in a knife somewhere (I think over david? or the queenā€™s gambit)

5 Likes

Fantastic fucking name.

Are people too lazy when net decking to actually build the list themselves manually?

10 Likes

I absolutely love this deck concept. Iā€™m going to sleeve this latest version up and try it out tonight at my local league night.

Ton anyone from my local meta: IGNORE THIS POST; I AM MERELY KIDDING. THE REINA YOU SEE TONIGHT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DECK THAN THIS.

7 Likes

Oh, no, youā€™re right. I missed Daily Casts. So things look ok on paper. I still felt pretty poor, though.

If they do Iā€™ve never found it.

They do. By export.

Thanks, this will be useful in future.