Runaround - The Adam Thread

sneaky adam with no sneakdoor smh

3 Likes

He starts with a three-card hand though. How do you mitigate that quickly enough to have your early aggro with Faust?

Because his early aggro isn’t dependant on Faust. Not only is there that fact that early game Faust won’t need too many cards to break in, but ABR deals with a lot of ICE on its own. Toss in 2-3 Public Sympathies/Braun Cages and you’re out of the 3 card hand size before you need more to be threatening.

3 Likes

Yep. I really like safety first + earthrise + drug dealer to enable Faust. It really speeds up the deck and lets you play past the hand size limitation.

Plus it feels powerful when you draw four cards without any clicks.

sneakdoor is good in Adam but its asking a lot to fit it into this build at 3 influence
pull the hunting grounds and employee strike if you like

Took my Adam deck to a Store Champ over the weekend and went 2 of 4 in a field full of murder. Planing to test and tweak some more for my local Store Champ at the end of March.

Okay going to be trying this.

The Post-Modern Prometheus

Adam: Compulsive Hacker (Data and Destiny)

Event (12)

Hardware (8)

Resource (19)

Icebreaker (6)

25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This was Seamus’ deck but making room for Faust, then making room for Levy, then just now changing the SMC for a gordian. Figured with so few programs and good draw I’ve seen enough of my deck for the right breakers to show up. E3 pairs great with both AI breakers and a drip econ so it doesn’t pressure your mid game draw. I guess the only issue is dealing with kill.

Looks interesting, a couple things I would worry about.
1: Data Folding might not be always on pre Brain Chip install with the Faust.
2: Levy without Same Old Thing is just asking for trouble. It’s only one more slot, and I don’t think you really need 3 Public Sympathy.

Of the few games I’ve played it’s been aggressive enough that I haven’t built a really full suite before Chip shows up. So far I’ve lucked into Faust and at least one other breaker before finding a chip with a few agendas stolen. At the same time, I also only have found one or two foldings by mid game, with the Career Fairs usually quickly used on whatever’s drawn.

I think a Same Old would help, between the hand size limit and at having an extra option to toss both Independent Thinking or Levy to faust at no risk sounds great.

This is my current adam build. As reliant as ever on Faust, removed the stimhacks, but improved all aspects of “get cards to give to faust” as well as reducing the dependency on faust (real breakers! Efficient ones too!)

Pure rushdown. It is pretty damn awesome.
http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/567659

1 Like

I like the extra Always Be Running. I assume this means part of your digging plan is to use Independent Thinking on directives, but then re-install ABR to supplement whatever you’ve found for a rig?

Yes, using up cards on IT, and then reinstalling a directive to do it again. Once the deck is up and running ABR maybe the most important directive, but you can also just smash it again. The idea is to get the 2x cards from using it with any directive. NAT could be better, unsure.

I think ABR is a better choice. If you don’t find enough useful things out of an IT dig, you can at least keep applying pressure at all with an ABR.

1 Like

Can I mention how great hunting grounds is, just in general, but also with IT? Its amazeballs.

3 Likes

Still sad there is pretty much zero reason to use multithreader.

1 Like

Yea it’s more or less a Daily Casts for runs but the conversion is too hard.

Yeah.

I mean, its nice when you have a utility program that is good.

Its also nice to have two credits for runs.

But Adam is shoved pretty hard in the direction of Faust.

Been seeing a Bug Sunny deck and that threader there is silly.

1 Like

Well, that wouldn’t be terrible in Adam. It’s only 1 influence and 0 install.

And you could just sit back and rig up until you know there is an agenda in HQ.

Yea gonna reiterate how much Faust becomes a solution. Independent Thinking makes for a great last ditch run. Gordian was nice when Code Gates were stacked.