Runaround - The Adam Thread

Faust might be the best breaker for Adam, but I’m super bored of it and if I wanted to play the best possible deck I’d be playing Dumblefork anyway. I use overmind/multithreader as my primary breakers and it’s really fun when it works.

1 Like

You might want to cut the infiltration for another copy of NAT, especially if you’re gonna be trashing the directives with IT. You might need the HQ access for rush, especially if the corp is moving into late game with a huge amount of ice on remotes. It could grab you the few extra points you needed.

Hunting grounds is so good it makes me weep, You haven’t lived until you’ve told someone that their data ravens do not matter

@x3r0h0ur how bad is zule for breaking Turing.

awful usually. Refractor is pretty solid all around.

1 Like

As you may or may not be aware, I went 5-1 at a SC in philly with Adam. I want to keep the dream alive but at that event I had no decoder so I just auto lost to a foodcoats with double turing remote.

I need to find a decoder for my build that doesn’t make me weep.

1 Like

Refractor isn’t a bad choice, Cy-Cy could be better, but the inf and exploit cost is high. I think refrac is the only reasonable splash for turings.

1 Like

do you mean refractor or Zule

Zu.13 is crap, especially to splash in adam.

1 Like

if we used refractor where do we slot the stealth

Ghost Runners? Or do you mean like specifically what cards are we dropping to include Refractor + 3 GR?

1 Like

I think it is usually just x3 Ghost Runner.

You might be able to make the double click to break work for you and keep those ghost runners around longer, you might not.

But yeah, usually that is all you do. No Cloaks, no Lockpicks.

Refractor gets you past enigma and central turings.

1 Like

what specifically do we drop for x3 ghost runner

I’ve actually found a lot of success running BOTH Overmind and Faust. Usually I don’t need both, but swapping between the two can really throw the corp for a loop - installing one from hand can unexpectedly close a scoring window, and Adam has tons of built-in support for both breakers.

1 Like

The latest decklist posted in the thread by @x3r0h0ur already has GR, it’s a cool list by a cool guy.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/567659

3 Likes

Yep! That seems good.

Just wish I could fit a few datasuckers in there to make my ghost runner creds last a little longer and to make my mongoose/faust even more efficient.

I realize it would help if I posted my decklist.

Faustmind Adam

Adam: Compulsive Hacker

Event (10)
3x Dirty Laundry
2x I’ve Had Worse ••••
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
3x Sure Gamble
1x Traffic Jam

Hardware (7)
3x Brain Chip
2x e3 Feedback Implants ••••
2x R&D Interface ••••

Resource (19)
3x Daily Casts
3x Data Folding
2x Dr. Lovegood
2x Drug Dealer ••
1x Film Critic •
2x New Angeles City Hall
3x Public Sympathy
2x Same Old Thing
1x Utopia Shard •

Icebreaker (7)
2x Faust ••••
1x Inti •
1x Mimic •
3x Overmind

Program (2)
2x Multithreader

25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I’m still messing around with it, but I’ve had a really good success rate with it so far. It’s ridiculously hard to keep out of servers, and because it can switch between using credits and cards to get in, it’s really good at keeping up a fast pace.

Brometheus - Bearer of the Red Solo Cup

Adam: Compulsive Hacker (Data and Destiny)

Event (11)
2x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Infiltration (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]•••[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Makers Eye
Hardware (6)
3x Brain Chip (Data and Destiny)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
1x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]

Resource (23)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Dr. Lovegood (Data and Destiny)
2x Drug Dealer (Old Hollywood) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
2x Hunting Grounds (Data and Destiny) [color=undefined]••[/color]
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
2x Faust (The Underway) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
1x Refractor (First Contact) [color=#32CD32]••[/color]
25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This is what I am working with right now.

1 Like

I’ve always felt like the earlier you can get points with Adam, the less your power will peter off as the game goes on. For this reason, I’d always include event multi access over Interfaces. You can get as close to a sure thing on the successful run very early in the game, and if you don’t then you still have Levy and SOT for later.

I do 1 Brain Cage and 2 Public Sympathy. Brain Cage helps protect against Power Shutdowns and can’t get pinged off if you get tagged. The brain damage sucks, but it’s a Faust deck; if you can’t handle losing a card from your hand then you need new breakers :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m also not convinced of Career Fair needing to be in this list, you’re really only installing Daily Casts with it at full discount. That could clear up 2 inf and 2 cards.

3 Likes

Yall scared of a lil brain damage. I definitely don’t like PS over Brain Cage, but to each his own. This build is not the most resilient I’ve come up with, or the fastest but it is the most diverse and stable.

I really had clone being on the MWL in this case, as SMC/CC made adam much faster. I’m still hoping for a better breaker suite.

1 Like