Runaround - The Adam Thread

I am concerned in your build that if you dont find a specific breaker you can have a bad time. whats your solution there?

ABR and faust mostly. The early game is legworks and TMEs until you have 2-4 points, with Brain Chip active, then get the drug dealers and cash rolling while pressuring and digging, the game usually closes itself out. You just have to spam TME and legwork as frequently as possible. It does have a subpar NBN matchup, if they get the right start, and/or you get a bad one.

1 Like

Iā€™m a big fan of Refractor with just Ghost Runner. But one huge problem with Ghost Runner in Adam is you might have to use them to trash something. Thatā€™s really bad.

3 Likes

Disclaimer: Iā€™ve never played Faist Adam, although Iā€™ve played many over Adam flavors. So take what Iā€™m about to say with a grain of salt.
I have gotten consistently wrecked by a metamate who will play Faust Adam to his grave, so after playing ~20 games with him over the last couple months, I feel like I know that deck fairly well. A couple things.

3 Drug Dealer is mandatory. You donā€™t install them all, but you need one in the first couple turns.
Armitage is your bread and butter early game.
E3 is one of the most infuriating cards ever. Itā€™s really good in the meta of anti Faust cards.
You want to go as influance light on breakers, and lean on Faust as much as possible, cause itā€™s good. Inti and Mimic are good options.
2 RDI is best. You want to pressure R&D as much as possible, and you already have HQ pressure, and at some point you want to be running R&D and HQ every turn in the late game.

2 Likes

This is true.

But you also get an extra potential target for Independent Thinking, so maybe its not so bad?

Itā€™s manageable, I honestly donā€™t go on refractor unless its needed for pressure, and I donā€™t play the GR credits until the Drug Dealers are rolling (for psi games or NAPD), and/or I need them for refractor for shit like Lotus and Booth. By midgame you can lovegood NAT and not worry about burning the ghosts, and HQ is less likely to have an agenda so you wonā€™t use the upside midgame.

1 Like

Anyone trying out Employee Strike? Iā€™m finding it really helpful for tough matchups like Blue Sun, Haarpsichord and RP.

Also, these asset spam decks are rough. Infiltration seems super important.

I want to fit it in but havenā€™t found the flex Inf in my build yet. That said, I am a week and a half of my last Store Champs and will have 2 months before my Regionals. Experimentation time! :smile:

Is Mongoose a good consideration for a breaker? Given ABR/E3 solves most of our ice problems, or Faust/Overmind, having a pumpable breaker can be useful?

I run 1. I think its fine.

2 Likes

Also running one. Great breaker

Sorry to just jump in here, but Iā€™m very recently getting excited about trying out Adam (I think I missed him after disappointment with apexā€¦)

I noticed both @codemarvelous and @x3r0h0ur 's recent (pretty similar) lists and Iā€™m pretty excited to try them out. My question is this: where do you feel this archetype is at right now? Are we talking upper-reaches of Jank, or solid 2nd tier?

I know you canā€™t really rank decks like that, and I expect thereā€™ll be some learning curves, but itā€™s nice to know what to expect (and more to the point, what arenas to start testing this, in terms of level of competitiveness).

Mid T2, if such a thing exists. If youā€™re a good pilot you can win enough games. Its mostly still ā€˜coolā€™ factor.

1 Like

Seems about right. Been testing @CodeMarvelousā€™s list (swapping one TME for 1 RDI, which so far feels real good, maximises the 3x SOT but still gives you a bit of late-game RnD pressure).

faust + e3 is stupid strong. really wish multithreader worked with e3 as imo itā€™s a ridiculous beast in adam lists (e3 that is - right now multithreaderā€™s home is only in green). the supplemental breakers are also all good choices, and good insurance against not drawing your faust early.

econ ranges from wobbly to strong. drug dealer and NAT both have the potential to really sap your tempo if you donā€™t manage them well - this makes Dr. Lovegood a surprising welcome draw, as the ability to selectively turn off the downsides of any one of three powerful tools (NAT, DD, and even ABR when youā€™re trying to set up for a turn) allows you to really pick up steam.

hunting grounds is good. why arenā€™t I playing this card in other decks? tollbooth, komainu, grail ICE, data raven, hell even pop-up windows: a lot of really strong, really popular ICE are just completely turned off by this card. fun trick: if youā€™re running Independent Thinking (I have a 1-of in place of an infiltration) you can blow this card for ready-made fuel and draw 8-10 cards in one click- if itā€™s just faust fuel who cares what you trash?

overall, pretty surprised by how downright playable this list is. Seems like Adam is definitely the sleeper of D&D runners (apex is a lost cause, I think, and sunny struggles under the heel of ā€œbetter in kateā€ and ā€œbetter in andy.ā€) and Iā€™m definitely gonna keep this sleeved up and be keeping an eye out for cards that might be able to push him over the edgeā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve long said adam is actually pretty good. The faust drug dealer build is definitely the best right now. I eschew E3s, but its probably pretty close. The directives are good, the drawbacks are bad 1 in 5 games IMO, and wasteland is fantastic, thats why I put it in Hayley. Srsly with Turning wheel adam is going to be fucking bananas.

hmm, hadnā€™t thought about that card (which I think is in general weak in green and orange, which ofc is where Iā€™ve been spending most of my time). It would definitely be nice to free up some influence switching TME/RDIs over to this.

re: e3, rushing astros behind little engine is everywhere where Iā€™m at, and is really annoying to break with both unassisted faust and refractor (taking 2 stealth/break). e3 makes short work of the first one I hit, and after that runners wither double down and stack them (costing me tons of cards but making me super rich) or they overwrite them and lean on other, frankly weaker, ICE.

I really like E3, it might be where the inf for TME goes once Turning Wheel drops. Probably 2x E3 and something else. Or even 1x makerā€™s still, in order to stack with a big turning wheel.

2 Likes

Any one think its possible to make a run event Adam
since they can be used on click 1 to fulfill the Always be running directive

I been tinkering around with a few test builds but thing too sold and i run out of influence pretty quickly with what I want to get in the deck

Just trying out different styles of Adam builds and was curious if any one as gone this way with some success
also like a Ken shell

So been running with this and kinda liking it. I find either I get foldings started early which means I can put down money breakers, or directives get me early agendas and I leverage the huge hand for Faust runs. Overmind made some use but I guess I lean heavy onto ABR e3 interaction than most. I feel like Hunting Grounds/Scrubber can be Film Critic as well per meta calls.

I swapped Kati for Armitage because money breakers like more money now than later. Turning wheel most likely makes room for more Faust.

The Post-Modern Prometheus

Adam: Compulsive Hacker

Event (11)
3x Career Fair ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Independent Thinking
1x Levy AR Lab Access ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
3x Brain Chip
2x e3 Feedback Implants ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Plascrete Carapace
2x R&D Interface ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Resource (20)
2x Armitage Codebusting
3x Daily Casts
3x Data Folding
3x Dr. Lovegood
3x Earthrise Hotel
1x Hunting Grounds ā€¢
3x Public Sympathy
1x Same Old Thing
1x Scrubber ā€¢

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder ā€¢ā€¢
1x Faust ā€¢ā€¢
1x Gordian Blade ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Mongoose ā€¢ā€¢
2x Overmind

25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

The Shiny Metal Man

Adam: Compulsive Hacker (Data and Destiny)

Event (12)
3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay) [color=#4169E1]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) [color=#4169E1]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x The Makerā€™s Eye (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]

Hardware (5)
3x Brain Chip (Data and Destiny)
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) [color=#4169E1]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]

Resource (24)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Data Folding (Order and Chaos)
3x Dr. Lovegood (Data and Destiny)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Hunting Grounds (Data and Destiny) [color=undefined]ā€¢[/color]
3x Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Scrubber (A Study in Static) [color=#FF4500]ā€¢[/color]
2x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) [color=#708090]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]

Icebreaker (4)
1x Faust (The Underway) [color=#FF4500]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
1x Inti (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢[/color]
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda) [color=#4169E1]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

updated Adam

4 Likes