SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Oh those Net ready eyes, Yog is coming back! Already wondering if 1 or 2 is enough in my Anarch builds.

3 Likes

wow just noticed Cybernetics Division is 40 cards. this is a very exciting ID I think. Biotic Labor + Self Destruct Chips seems fun. It’s an interesting balance, because putting itself at a 4 card hand makes Fast Advance CD really risky

The 6th pack is probably the World Expo one. It is referenced in the SanSan cycle announcement and the Power to the People card [That comes in that pack]

3 Likes

IDK, I’m thinking this cycle will have a lot of cards that deal with handsize. This is the third pack in a row that has a card dealing with it.
The Valley had Valley Grid
Breaker Bay had Beach Party
Chrome City has Brain Cage, Cybernetics Division, Self-Destruct Chips

I gotta feeling something is coming.

1 Like

That thing is m*therf#cking Game Day! My inner Johnny has such a hard on for that card it’s poking me in the ribs. I’m going to tinker with so many bad decks whose sole purpose is to draw 10+ cards with one Game Day. I just hope the corp doesnt interrupt my fun by scoring 7 points.

4 Likes

even absent janky combos, extra hand size is interesting. It synergizes with Duggars and other large draw effects, helps protect against flatline decks, and it provides a built in backstop against brain damage becoming too powerful (and lets you play more brain damage events yourself, if you’re an Anarch). I think the design space around extra handspace cards is just too interesting to leave alone- and I look forward to when one of them becomes playable.

1 Like

Yog.0 lives! Well…probably not, actually. But I want to believe.

Why not? With either Net-Ready Eyes or Personal Touch, it eats through Lotus Field and a lot of other “Yog-hate” pretty easily, and free is scary good.

Yog probably doesn’t live in Criminal quite so well as it might in Anarch, because of the need to double-splash, but still. Yog’s going to be seeing more play, I think.

1 Like

Loving the HB ID. Dead Coats might well have a new home. Greater chance of seeing punitive early plus lower hand size and new ways to reduce habd size further. Rushing a 3 pointer behind Gyli Labryinth might be a thing.

6 Likes

jesus this sounds fun

1 Like

Quote of the year

I think it will be good. I’m going to start calling the cyborg eyes “Yog.0’s Bargain”.

8 Likes

I really like the interaction between that HB ID and Andy.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, Mass Install Andy is coming to beat it.

2 Likes

I would have gone with modded andy but I suppose that works too.

1 Like

I just really hate relying on a two-card combo to do anything, especially when Yog.0 requires an investment of 5 credits to begin with, and getting locked out of a Lotus Field majorly sucks. Maybe Net-Ready Eyes is generally useful enough that I’ll be wrong, though.

Even without Yog, it’s a free pump on a breaker everytime you run. It’s really good by himself. Comboing with Yog and Mimic is just a cherry on top.

5 Likes

I would have gone with “Eater”, “Crypsis” and “Darwin”, but yeah :smile:

It combos with breakers in general, though? Like, it lets Yog get through Lotus, making Yog an option. But it saves you a datasucker to deal with Ichi with Mimic, or lets you get through a Curtain Wall (that’s not on the outside) or Heimdall using Morningstar (or just saves a credit on Eli with Corroder).

Unlike The Personal Touch, it doesn’t have to be installed in any order, you can get it out and keep it relevant all game long easily enough.

It’s only a combo in the same way that datasucker + fixed strength is a combo. But unlike datasucker, it lets Anarch get through Yog.

EDIT: Like, that’s a problem with all fixed strength breakers. If they have a Grim, you need to have two datasucker tokens or other “combo” pieces to let Mimic not get eaten. That’s just how those breakers work.

1 Like

There’s no sensible way of doing 5 damage, so a hand size of 4 is just as safe from punitive as a hand size of 5.

2 Likes

Punitive after a PriReq and an ABT? :smiley:

(alternatively, double punitive after a PriReq through Muresh, but then again, you did say sensible)