SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Maybe HB will come out with an agenda that gives you -1 agenda points, but is a 2/1. Maybe even gives you some money when you score it.

That’s very true on the specific nature of the subroutines. Although it does help against Crescentus, Forked and the like.

It is however a great reason to put it into your one pointer-heavy PE deck and slap Chum down in front of it!

1 Like

Show me a B&E deck that isn’t running Faerie :wink:

EDIT: The reason why that’s a sentry problem is that Faerie is one of the most efficient breakers in the game. If it were a high strength code gate, Shutdown/Crescentus wouldn’t be as much of a pain since it’s harder to pull that money together. Again, this is basically only an issue for Blue, but I figured I’d throw it out there.

3 Likes

HB already has Domestic Sleepers

Crescentus still works when you pay clicks to break subroutines (shiv 3 click 1)

3 Likes

If the Runner has no clicks, can they Clone Chip/Parasite kill ice if Ronnie 5 is rezzed?

So it is “lose a click if able” as opposed to spending a click as an additional cost? Meh.

2 Likes

Was it spoiled as “Oz project” in English somewhere? The Spanish is more like “Vanity Project”

This is likely a cultural translation. It’s obviously Wizard of Oz, but people outside of the native English-speaking world are likely to not have that cultural reference.

It could just as well be. It looks like there’s a big wall of flavor text that will probably take a stab at a few Hollywood tropes., that’s what I’m happy about.

Still, seems strange to me that they’re referencing a specific real-world film so strongly.

The strong theming of SanSan cycle has been generally great, but there are a few cards that pull me out of the world a bit by being too far from the central concept of futuristic hacking, and this might be one of them.

1 Like

It’s interaction with Parasucker and Heinlein Grid is certainly interesting though. The Runner can lose a click midrun or even when trashing an Ash (!!) protecting a Heinlein Grid. And Ronald V is very much an asset you don’t have to rez until it’s going to fire, so it’s possible to shell game it out or toss it in your Eve auxiliary remote as a 1-of and suffer no losses except the slot.

3 Likes

I would suspect the bioroid is “enforcer”…

Okay, ravager is another possibility.

1 Like

the oz books are in the public domain, so they can get away with referencing it (they’re not referencing the movie SPECIFICALLY, even though the characters depicted on the card are in a movie)

this fact makes it EVEN MORE THEMATIC that it’s a neutral agenda, and not an NBN one. I think it’s great flavor

3 Likes

It’s interesting that we also now have an agenda that costs influence.

1 Like

Both of which can be solved with the “run more sentries” plan, over time. HB’s not lacking in good options there. Need bigger ones like the Ichis for Faerie handling, but Architects do a number on Switchblade, over time.

[quote=“Kesterer, post:2625, topic:2197, full:true”]
Seems weak to me because of the combination of subroutine variety, no ETR, bioroid click-to-break, plus AP and Destroyer subtypes. The runner is always going to have a way to avoid the effects that are bad for them; “trash all virtual resources” is blank against a lot of decks, for example, and a runner with no rig only cares about clicking the single brain damage sub. I think that the times I’d ever want to sac an agenda for it would be very few.
[/quote]Yeah, this is the bigger concern, by far. If we see many more decks that rely on virtual resources or depend upon their consoles, those subs might become better. And most decks don’t want to lose their console anyway, and running one is more common than not. But that’s still 2-3 subroutines that really matter, most of the time, at best. The lack of ETR is the most painful by far.

It being so easy to break, of course, is another concern. Sooo many subtypes. Though that’s shared with Ichi, so I again wonder about some ability to try and tax out their stuff (note: this is almost certainly a BAD PLAN, dear readers).

Might be pretty good against Apex, though, if he ends up being a major threat, and I wanna at least test it to see if it functions in a deck with Sleepers, but doubt I’ll be running more than 1 at best, or that it’ll stick around for long.

[quote=“Chill84, post:2631, topic:2197, full:true”]
I’d rather just pay an extra credit for an archer.
[/quote]3 credits, but still worth it. The only real savings in HB is the influence, I guess? Because HB is well known for needing to import basically everything to function, right?

[Insert vastly overblown hype about this being what Stronger Together needs to be good here.]

[quote=“Saan, post:2642, topic:2197, full:true”]
It’s interesting that we also now have an agenda that costs influence.
[/quote]Yeah. Probably worth it for decks that’d have wanted it, and it makes sense to make it cost something to thin your agenda suite by 1-3 cards (depending on what gets replaced). Surprised they added the influence bar, though, rather than making it into rules text – suppose it’s simpler. And, hey, flavor text is always nice to see.

Nice to be corrected on the Criminal draw resource. Still kinda “eh” but very different than I’d remembered. Payment isn’t optional (boo!), but you get the card at the beginning of the Corp’s turn, meaning your first draw just costs what placement does, and it ends up protecting you against Scorches and the like/bypassing low handsize.

If Nasir didn’t have access to Shaper’s crazy draw power already, I’d think he might want it, since he suffers less for going broke and it looks like it doesn’t trash itself or anything if you fail to pay.

Actually, while still bleh, if that’s true I suppose drip econ could come after it in the ordering of triggers, so you could lose the money and then gain it if you’re low enough. But you don’t want to be, Earthrise is still better unless this hits the table early and stays and you don’t mind losing so much money (in which case, ETF Corp?), and drip econ is slow enough to begin with that adding something depending on it just seems duuumb.

neutral agendas have always had the influence bar #datforesight

4 Likes

I expect the English version of Oz Project will be ‘Nostalgia Project’. It definitely looks like it’s riffing on the marketing trope of ‘Hey, know that thing you loved as a kid? Well, now we’ve made a new version with the actors and/or special effects that you love now!’, which is pretty common these days.

2 Likes

They’re always been pretty on point about adding things for future design space. It’s pretty cool.

Oh snap, it seems like Ronald Five does exactly what I predicted except it’s any card instead of just assets… still, outside of heinlein shenanigans, I mostly only see it really working with Ash. If it was an additional cost, it’d be very playable though.

Also, like @x3r0h0ur, my guess for the bioroid archer’s english name is Enforcer 1.0

2 Likes