SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Yeah, two net for accessing a card and corp pays nothing is a little too strong. Exposing ice is like… never done though, so. Another unplayable trap ice.

2 Likes

Yeah, disappointing. It’s hard because 1 net woulda been good and displaced shock, so there’d need to be an additional downside to the corp for it be balanced. Still good design space though (though untrashability is a mild problem).

Ooh, Narcissitic Project (from the Spanish) is an agenda that costs influence. (But not too much influence that you can’t fit three of them into Humanity Upgraded with three Punitive Counterstrikes!)

Just imagine the fun Weyland Punitive decks you can build now.

thank god film critic is in the same pack, huh :wink:

1 Like

I want Ronnie 5 to be good in IG, but I think he’s probably too much influence. It’ll depend on if it says lose a click or pays a click in English. Lose a click is bad because now they just trash on last click. Pay a Click would be strong though.

I’m not entirely sure that film critic stops on access abilities of agendas from the wording on the spanish card. Seems to me you access, then stop accessing and host it on film critic. There is no instead of access wording, and due to run timing (4.5) the agendas abilities would trigger. So Tgtbt, explodapalooza, and award bait I think would all still trigger.

We talked about this a bit in the Rules Question thread, but due to the new FAQ it seems like the access trigger disappearing (Film Critic explicitly says the agenda is no longer being accessed) makes the other effects vaporize. Since it’s the runner’s turn, their on-access effects fire first and the runner’s on access effect of Film Critic destroys the access window, which makes the corp’s on access effects go away.

The example they use in the FAQ is Femme and Tollbooth. The runner obviously encounters Tollbooth, so why doesn’t it trigger? Because Femme fires first and the bypass triggers, moving past the encounter phase and thus removing the trigger that would fire Tollbooth’s on encounter effect.

2 Likes

Except that all the runner on-access stuff happens first, starting with Film Critic… after which, you’re no longer accessing a thing. Or so it’s been explained time and again, at least.

2 Likes

Believing Ruling on hostile infrastrucutre, Runner should have one less click during his turn if an ice dies to parasite “naturally” when turn begins.
If I’m right thats not that bad.

2 Likes

Wow I didn’t expect oz project to be literally about the Oz universe. I know a few people who will love this.

Good job finding that thread!

Casting Call is truly 2 influence!!!

So, is the new Bioroid weak because it’s a sentry? Seems super-strong otherwise, even with the scored agenda cost. Definitely will be wanting a couple of those in PE, especially with Offer (and how it enables Komainu).

What makes sentries weak? As far as I know they are hardest to break. Do you mean because Faerie?

Faerie and Switchblade.

And Crescentus/Emergency Shutdown.

That’s a “forfeit agenda” problem, not a “sentry” problem though :stuck_out_tongue:

(and this baby in particular is somewhat resistant to Crescentus out of B&E, 'cause it couldn’t care less about e3-less Shiv)

Forfeiting an agenda is lame, for sure. But I think only @linuxmaier is playing Criminal these days :wink:

2 Likes

TWIY with wizard of oz agenda and project Beale. Runner needs to access 2.85 agendas on average to win. Corp only ever needs to score 2 agendas to win.

2 Likes

3 x Celebrity Gift 3 x Oz Project for your influence. Gosh. All that extra room for more money!

Seems weak to me because of the combination of subroutine variety, no ETR, bioroid click-to-break, plus AP and Destroyer subtypes. The runner is always going to have a way to avoid the effects that are bad for them; “trash all virtual resources” is blank against a lot of decks, for example, and a runner with no rig only cares about clicking the single brain damage sub. I think that the times I’d ever want to sac an agenda for it would be very few.

6 Likes