SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Clearly H-3 Deposit is intended to be used on your opponent’s Atman, taking it to the wrong strength for all your ICE.

3 Likes

The meta cards that only the most paranoid play. Maybe it’d be worth running if you play a lot of commonly Atmaned ice. Oh waaaaait, I’m thinking that’s a non terrible idea. False alarm

1 Like

I wonder if that’s our 3rd interpretation of Elizabeth Mills on Public Support.

Sitting here wondering what to do with an Offer You Can’t Refuse. I’d assume you want it in a Fetal AI/NAPD/TFP type deck where none of your agendas are worth scoring until you have control of the game.

You’d use it in thousand-cuts decks to threaten kills with Snare + Scorch, I’d expect. Also plays well with ice like Kitsune and Chum.

1 Like

Or just having a way to take advantage of all the ice traps and other kill server ideas people have. Whirlpool >> Komainu >> Hokusai when they have no Killer, say.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean that you can do that without running Whirlpool now. Komainu >> Hokusai is much more doable, and if they don’t know what’s up for sure then you just get points for “free”.

AOYCR strikes me as a card who’s timing window is pretty small. It needs to be played before the runner has a killer.

1 Like

Or decoder if you’ve got loadsa cash and a Wormhole. Or Grail Ice of types they can’t break yet. But it really does need to fuck them up hard, otherwise you just waste the money. If you’re rich as sin you can use it to try and forcibly open a scoring window, say as RP if you’ve got a Nisei in hand ready to go to a server. AOYCR them into pain on R&D, either they’re hurting bad or they’re closer to broke and you can proceed to score out.

Also, surprising utility against Switchblade. Big drain of stealth credits to make an extra run before the recurring ones replenish.

Well, the credits recur at the start of the runner turn, so it’s more “Oh, you spend all your stealth on X?” trick.

That’s what I meant. If they ran last turn and spent their recurring, they can’t do it for AOYCR.

It’s nice that they let corp player choose the server to bait the runner with AOYCR. Given the ofttimes wimpy card design to date, I would have expected them to make it be “any central server” and hence be unplayable. This at least gives it some teeth and could possibly be an include in a kill deck.

3 Likes

Offer was ruined by 4 cost IMO. unplayable in any decks that may have otherwise been able to leverage it.

Heck, worst comes to worst, run them into an Archives with Crick, some Shocks, and some Space Camps. Use Offer as a way to either FA things or get points without bothering.

I… might actually need to try that. Hmm…

4 Likes

I didn’t see that 4 cost. That’s definitely a hard pill to swallow.

You might find that in certain decks it becomes worth the cost. Maybe even so good that you can’t not play it. Like an… Offer You Can’t Refuse.

5 Likes

Yea that’s what I was getting at. You’ve really got to have a fast & rich deck to toss out these operations. I have a Biotech brain damage deck with Defective Brainchips Tori Hanzo HoK/Data Mine and Batty/Viktor 1.0, but ultimately I have a hard time scoring out with the way my deckslots are spent. Everyone would let me have a point and I’d have no way to leverage it.

Ryon Knight probably loves AOYCR

Install two Ryons, play Offer, enjoy your point or the runner eats some brain

Offer is reasonable at cost 4 - the opportunity cost of scoring a 2/1 is usually 4 credits, and Offer can’t be stolen. It might make more sense than Domestic Sleepers in HB decks as the 7th point, but a lot of those don’t have ICE suites scary enough for it to work.

4 Likes

I skipped reading a lot of this thread but has anybody mentioned the synergy of old hollywood grid + singleton agenda suite + excalibur? Time to build a funky-ass combo glacier deck…

8 Likes

turn your 3 NAPDs into 1x Market Research, Character Assassination, and Explode-a-Palooza. Early Premiere can let you never advance them out or just IAA. could even run Restructured Data Pool and the fragments or something.

maybe even split up some of the Astros and Beales with some 1 pointers. Haarpsichord can keep them somewhat protected. just ‘take care of’ that Film Critic who keeps spoiling your movie profits.

Hmm. A set of Fragments seems obvious. Batty makes the whole set up more reliable. If this is out of Sync (not saying it is, but it could be) then we need 9-10 more points.

15 minutes seems solid. A Global Food Initiative seems like it would fit. Still 5-6 more.

2 more one pointers and a Datapool? Vanity project probably wouldn’t work - I think, maybe I’m wrong. An astro actually seems out of place. Hmm.