SanSan Cycle Spoilers

so we import both casting call & data raven for 2 influence each into weyland, or we import scorched earths into NBN with all the other tag punishment they have… (& better agenda suite, although Oaktown is the best thing to happen to Weyland since Blue Sun)

-____________-

2 Likes

If you want something done right, use yellow cards.

2 Likes

Does anyone think Wireless Net Pavilion should have been unique? The recent spate of DLR Paparazzi WNP decks have made me think that should have been the case.

3 Likes

I think that’s hilarious. Absolutely not.

2 Likes

Freelancer should help, as well as All Seeing I.

It’s a location, right? I know a lady with a passion for aggressive redevelopment…

2 Likes

Yeah, the problem is that they play it with Fall Guys so Elizabeth Mills saves you 8 credits but you still have another 24 credits to spend to trash the first Wireless Net Pavilion.

@linuxmaier Yeah, might have to start including multiple copies or recursion for Freelancer cause they might have milled you to kingdom come already if you only have a single copy. That’s costly deck space, sigh.

I know, fuck that deck, every Corp deck needs some sort of on demand tag punishment I say. Fuuuuuuck that d-d-d-d-deck

It looks like Universe of Tomorrow is definitely trying to support the use of more assets in Weyland, but I cannot tell how effective these new cards will be. Have they been discussed at length here yet?

I’ve been looking at Worlds Plaza a lot but really I think it is just an economy card to save you many like Breaker Bay Grid. The fact you can have multiple assets in a server is good since Weyland doesn’t want to spread its ice too wide, but I feel most things on it are the kind that need to make a good impact in short time, since they won’t be there for long. High trash econ cards or free Lizzie Mills, for instance. Some weird econ bonuses if you tie up BS’ ability with it too, like +4 per turn with Server Diagnostics or a more situational +5 with The Root.

Expo Grid just looks like trickle economy in a faction that has never really utilized it much. Could be interesting in something like Gagarin but even those don’t want to go too slow.
Tour Guide, I dunno. He makes me want to try an UnCorrodable deck except for Sentries, but that is likely a silly idea.

1 Like

You don’t want high-trash cost cards on worlds plaza, since they can just trash worlds plaza to get rid of the assets on it. Capital investors, adonis, DBS might be good. Response team? Exposé? Contract killer, Eliza or public support to force a run? Time for Levy University to shine? Blacklist + 2 assets in one server? Hostile infrastructure + 2 assets would be nasty…

1 Like

I keep wondering if it would be useful in Industrial Genomics to put your copies of Hostile Infrastructure on. If your can get three copies on it then trashing anything, including World Plaza, will be painful. Add a Hokusai Grid and suddenly you need to take four net damage to trash World Plaza and the hosted Hostile Infrastructures.

2 Likes

World’s Plaza can also host (rezzed) advanceable traps. This will basically force the trashing of World’s Plaza rather than the cheap thing on top. Not sure it’s actually useful though.

I just don’t see a situation where you’ve got cheap enough assets that trashing the Plaza isn’t the correct move anyway.

3 Likes

I’d like to see a situation where the runner runs on this with an advancable trap, and then can’t tag the plaza. Something with whirlpool maybe? Or perhaps encryption protocol. That would be immensely satisfying. Maybe some oak town grid. OK, I really need to make this deck.

1 Like

Now you’re talking!

1 Like

The main benefit seems not so much the discount, but cramming everything into a single server, either to protect it all behind the same ICE or to create some combo-tastic jankiness. World Plaza(Victoria Jenkins-Ronald Five-Encryption Protocol), Heinlein Grid, Ash2X3ZB9CY and as many copies of Ryon Knight as you can manage in Haas-Bioroid for instance.Whether anything like that is actually usable is probably another matter!

It’s only for assets, not upgrades, but yeah, pretty much, I’m on board

The three hosted cards are all assets aren’t they?

Yep gotta be assets.
I think my first attempt with it will be in Gagarin, because it clearly needs some love. If you can make a moderately taxing server and then play a card like Capital Investors on it, it can lead to some great value. They either run through to pick off the Capital, leaving Worlds for another discount, trash Worlds and give you an even greater credit swing, or have to leave it be to accumulate wealth. All pretty good options for a possible SEAScorch or what have you.

If only Weyland had access to more 3/2s. This is getting into even lucksackier territory, but then you could even rez a scary asset onto Worlds the same turn you plop something into your scoring server. Chances are they cannot run both, and you either get strong econ or an agenda scored (or bait with Contract Killer.

But before I get carried away, I dont know if Weyland can properly defend 5 servers…

Huh. Just looking at Bookmark again… does it have a limit on how many cards it can host? Film Critic specifies, so do most other hosting cards. Bookmark just hosts “up to three” with each click spent loading it.

Keep stuff for after a levy? Prepare for a Faust megaturn? Become immune to most damage sources by having your whole deck in your hand? Hold stuff for a draw-heavy Hayley so you don’t discard things you’ll want later?

Not sure if any of that makes it worth running, but the potential lack of a cap at least means there are most possible interactions.

If it’s meant to host just up to three cards total, well… maybe when Plascrete rotates out.

1 Like