SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Works with Connectivity Fee too!

This is so weird. It helps with improving the quality of your draws, I guess. You can trim your deck with it pretty fast with it, get rid of extra copies of Kati or Visage (because everyone is going to run Visage now). So it’s good in decks that:

a) Draw a lot.
b) Run multiples of important but unique cards.
c) Might want certain cards in the heap for easy recursion.

Sounds like a Noise deck. But add Superior Synapses and HAW or Wyldside, and Paige gets rid of all the redundant copies - there’s a pretty nice Anarch drip economy/draw engine shaping up here. At least, nice compared to other Anarch engines.

I think Symmetrical Visage looks too strong. Maybe it’ll come out in the wash, but it’s better than Tri-Maf and doesn’t have the drawback. You can’t play it in multiples I guess is the limiting factor. Does it make Professional Contacts look silly?

I like that Superior Synapses means you can run through Enigma and Viper without losing a click. It doesn’t make HAW any less hilarious (really 5 to install?), though it might make Starlight Crusade Funding plausible, and it makes Qianju PT look pretty appetising.

I like the look of Paige, I think she’s about equivalent to Mr Li. Hopefully she’s cheap.

Is Valley Grid gross? Looks like it could be. Not sure what deck to put it in though. Interested to know if the effect persists if Valley Grid is trashed. I think it would.

Cortex Lock looks pretty upsetting. Goes nicely in the classic Shutdown PE deck I guess. Jinteki on the up and up.

2 Likes

I think Valley Grid definitely belongs out of HB. With an Ash, any server with 3 ICE on it becomes unbreakable unless you let subroutines fire or have hand size increasers. HB also has a bunch of brain damage/ETR ice so letting the subs fire to keep going leaves you with a permanently smaller hand. I think that, especially combined with the new Brain Damage cards coming out, you can make a really nasty and spiky glacier deck using this card.

4 Likes

I feel this might be one of the strong “sleeper cards” in the set especially when splashed to HB (and with new reduce hand size ID). Breaking 3-4 ICE remote with Ash becomes very hard and HB already plays those cards. 1-2 brain damage would make remotes almost impossible to reach and only couple Neural Emp + Archived Memories would finish the game. Jinteki glacier might work also with Nisei II. If you manage to score Nisei II runner can’t really break 3 ICE in your remote anymore without +handsize cards. But RP is already very good so I don’t think more gimmicky glacier Jinteki would be much stronger.

EDIT Too slow

EDIT With Caprice Nisei Valley Grid gives also a bit similar RP remote protection to other Jinteki IDs. Runner has a chance to try Caprice skill game 2 times in 2 ICE or once in 3 ICE remote until he has to give up. With Nisei II scored it is almost game over.

The thing I like best about Valley Grid is that is works well with Katana while being largely inconsequential with Komainu.

5 Likes

really excited for Paige Piper. i hope she is in fact cost 0

NEARPAD!!! I’ll most definitely include this in my nearpad deck. Works so well with Dedicated Response Team.

Paige seems great for Valencia. 3x of each Anarch breaker, 3x Kati, 3x John, 3x console, 3x of a Genetics, and you can thin that 50 card stack out like nobody’s business.

Nice that it’s optional as well - if you run say 3x Medium then when you install the first one, you have the opportunity to either leave them in your deck if you want them later, dump them in the heap to Deja Vu them, or dump them in the heap if you don’t want them later.

3 Likes

Ah and may means those Armitages/Liberated don’t just get tossed.

1 Like

Looks like thematically they are making it clear she should be used with Val–like a journalist friend who helps out with scoops. I believe she’s supposed to be a journalist from the spoilers.

Genetics plus bike plus Josh - 5 click runner?

This card looks gross. An early run with a mimic and your console now has a chance of 4 net damage for just a 2 credit res cost? That used to be a pretty safe way to check ICE, I am curious to see the influence on this.

2 Likes

It’s 2 inf. It has been spoiled in draft packs before and str 4 makes it amazing. First turn: install desperado, run, die.

4 Likes

I’m imagining her like Zoe Barnes of House of Cards: a young fiery journalist type.

Seconding the excitement about Cortex Lock. I think it’s a good piece of ICE for Harmony and PE rush that run flatline threats to slow the Runner down.

1 Like

Not enough jank.

Add Rachel Beckman, too, for 6 click turns.

1 Like

ya’ll are thinking too small. use stim dealer and chop bot for some 7 click turns

4 Likes

One of those is wrong, for sure.

5 Likes

The nbn ice is absolutely dirty with sub boost.

2 Likes

At 2 influence I could see Cortex Lock being a threat in Weyland rush decks with shutdown or HB kill decks too, if those become a thing with the -1 hand size ID.

Also, once you hit 7 clicks, I don’t think you need chop bot. You need 2x Amped Up to crank that turn up to 11.

5 Likes