SanSan Cycle Spoilers

Wait, that deck didn’t have
Diesel?

What on earth?

4 Likes

Emails? Really? I mean, @nordrunner, @aandries, and I were all trading deck lists privately at that time.

I’m not here to swing my dick around, so, c’mon. I can note I started play testing after Gencon 2013, so I had access to the entire Spin cycle before most of the player base, thus giving me a leg up. So, of COURSE I was trying PPVP before most people, as I kind of figured Lucky Find was going to be a thing. #notasavant

4 Likes

@hhooo, it had ProCon? Not good enough?

1 Like

I just was trying to point out that Levy was never not a part of the deck as far as I could remember; and as far as I could remember that was the first time I saw that deck take shape. Also CT so no slots for diesel. That was a rough draft.

Sure. Levy doesn’t even really make sense in there, but, sure.

Levy wasn’t used much until PPVP as there was no need. Econ usually came from Kati, ProCon, and Opus. As I noted, I used it in CT Siphon to win an SC, because 6 Siphons wasn’t enough. I moved away from that build after Wausau tech’d v. me and destroyed it. I mean, what HB v. CT double ICEs HQ first turn?

5 Likes

I don’t think I ever saw your siphon deck in action, but that makes sense. Also, never going to pull that trick twice with that crowd. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nord’s deck’s a bit overkill on certain vectors. I don’t think anyone really knew exactly what it needed; but it was a 40 card deck with masanori, quality time, & pro-co. I remember testing its like and needing the Levy every 3 games or so.

Anyhow, I agree that almost nothing before it needed the card and was universally kind of snubbed; but anyone who played magic knew that that kind of ability was useful. Hell, the alpha version of it was P9 in that game. I was just waiting for a deck that wanted it.

AND NOW THAT WE"VE SIDETRACKED EVERYTHING, BACK TO THE SHOW!

1 Like

The last one from the Valley (supposedly):

Brain-Taping Facility
Asset: Facility
1 influence, 1 to rez, 4 to trash
The cost to rez bioroid ice is lowered by 1[CREDIT] for each unspent click the runner has.

4 Likes

Wow, guess I will continue testing ST… this is a fun toy, and at 4 trash may not even need to be protected.

Levy is much better when it costs 2 and shuffles in at-that-point absurdly undercosted economy/draw/multiaccess cards.

8 Likes

nvm 10chars

Man, if this is true as written, and it’s not just the first bioroid ice rezzed, that would be a huge econ tool for HB. Granted, aside from Eli, the bioroids aren’t that impressive right now, but this could be enough to really bring them back.

1 Like

Ichi and Viktor 2 are legit.

1 Like

Heck, with that most all of the 2.0s become reasonable.

Doubly so if it’s not unique.

Because either you save 2 or 3 credits (8 or 9 for Heimdall 2.0, 5 or 6 for Ichi 2.0, 2 or 3 for Viktor 2.9=0) or they can’t break the subroutines with clicks, or they have to run on and spend 4 to trash the assset. (Or be Whizzard/use Imp, but still).

Seems pretty nifty in most HB decks, really.

Also, if NEXT Gold does Net Damage instead of Brain, that’ll make a lot more sense. Slightly worse, but much more reasonable.

2 Likes

Viktor 2 is less legit than he used to be since D4V1D hit, though. Often, he’ll just tax for a couple creds (you weren’t gonna boost that trace anyway, right?) and a counter, and it gets even worse vs. link. Kept trolololoing through V 2.0 last night as Ed like nobody’s business.

Ichis though, no contest there :slight_smile:

1 Like

If he’s spending David on Viktor 2, he’s not spending David on Tollbooth and Hadrians. (looking from Red Coats perspective)

1 Like

The Anarch journalist (#2) has the following effect:

“The first time you install a card each turn (including Paige Piper), you may search your stack for any number of copies of that card and add them to your heap. Shuffle your stack”.

Hayley might want? Fascinating take on an anarch tutor, and we’ll likely see some more support for connection-based play once that Apartment thingy card pops up.

The final card is a 0 cost, 5 strength NBN ice with a subroutine something like “The runner gain one tag, but it is removed when the run ends.” (Bizzaro concept and obviously can’t really theorycraft until we get the exact wording/timing)

(The quotes are direct, but the source also claimed to be sharing these last cards from memory, on a whim, in a bar. The thread was wrong about NEXT Gold’s 2nd sub does net not brain damage, so take this info with a grain of salt. Possibly a case of the source muddling info to avoid a Steelskin-type sting, who knows?)

1 Like

So, we now know all of the Valley, since most of the spoilers were from that guy on 4chan we don’t know most of the influence costs and something may vary. Here they are in a compiled list:

The Valley
1: Clot - Anarch - 1 Inf. Program - Virus. Cost 1, Mem 1
The corp cannot score agendas on the same turn they are installed.
Trash this program if the Corp purges virus counters.

2: Paige Piper - Anarch. Resource: Connection
Low cost, like 0-2. I was surprised it was that low. Pretty sure it’s 0. 2 influence I think.
“The first time you install a card each turn (including Paige Piper), you may search your stack for any number of copies of that card and add them to your heap. Shuffle your stack.”

3: Superior Synapses - Anarch, 3c, 2 influence - Resource: Genetics
The first time you lose a click each turn, gain a click.

4: Spike - Criminal, 1c, 1MU, 2 influence - Program: Icebreaker, Fracter, Cloud
If have at least 2 link the memory cost of spike is 0 even if its not installed. Spike has +1 strenght for each installed icebreaker. Thrash: Break up to 3 barrier subroutines

5: Enhanced Vision - Criminal - 1c, 3 influence - Resource: Genetics
The first time you make a sucessfull run each turn the corp reveals one card from HQ at random.

6: Genetics Condiotioning Shoppe - Shaper - 2c, 1 Influence - Resource: Location
Genetics also trigger the second time their condition is met

7: Synthetic Blood - Shaper, 2c, (unknown influence)
Resource: Genetics. The first time you are dealt damage each turn, draw 1 card.

8: Traffic Jam - Neutral 2c, - 0 inf Event - Current
The advancement requirement of all agendas is increased by the amount of agendas in the Corp’s scoring area that has the same name.

9: Symmetrical Visage - Neutral, 2c, 0 influence. Resource: Genetics
The first time you spend [click] to draw a card each turn, gain 1c.

10: Brain-Taping Facility - HB - 1 inf, 1 rez, 4 trash. Asset: Facility
The cost to rez bioroid ice is lowered by 1[CREDIT] for each unspent click the runner has.

11: NEXT Gold - HB - Sentry, 4 strength, 7 rez
-> Trash X programs
-> Deal X net damage
X is the number of rezzed NEXT ice

12: Jinteki Biotech - Jinteki Identity
45/15 - Before taking your first turn you may swap this ID with any copy of Jinteki Biotech.
Click, click, click - Flip this identity.

13: - Genetic Resequencing - Jinteki Agenda. 3/1
When you score genetic resequening you may place one agenda counter on an agenda in your score area

14: Cortex Lock - Jinteki ICE - Sentry - AP. 2 rez, 4 str
-> Do 1 net damage for each unused MU the runner has

15: Valley Grid - Jinteki Upgrade - Region - 3rez, 3 thrash
Whenever the runner breaks all subroutines on a piece of ICE protecting this server, his or her maximum hand size is reduces by 1 until the beginnng of your next turn. Limit one region per server.

16: (No name yet) - NBN ICE - 0 rez, 5 str
It’s actually a pretty weird subroutine. The runner gain one tag, but it is removed when the run ends.

17: (unknown name) - NBN, 0c, 1 influence. Operation: Current
This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is stolen.
As an additional cost to steal an agenda, the Runner must pay 2c.

18: Capital Investors - Weyland Asset - 2rez, (no thrash cost yet), 2 inf
Click: Gain 2 credits

19: Negotiator - Weyland ICE - Sentry - Destroyer - 4rez, 3str, 2 inf
The runner may pay 2 credits to break any subroutine on negotiation
-> The corp gains 2 credits
-> Thrash one program

20: (unknown name) Asset, Neutral, 0 inf, 0 rez, 1 trash
"When your turn begins, you may trash ~. If you do, search R&D for an asset, reveal it, and install it. Shuffle R&D"

7 Likes

DRT likes that new NBN ICE. At one influence maybe Argus can play it.

Depends on when the tag gets removed. If it is at the end of the run, then DRT will indeed love it!

2 Likes

True, if it doesn’t work with DRT I’m stumped.