Shipment From Tennin - Jinteki Fast Advance

I’ve been having a play around with Shipment From Tennin and I really like what I see. At the moment Jinteki can play four 3/2 agendas and three Medical Breakthrough which gives them six agendas they can easily score out of hand.

There is the downside of the runner cannot have made a successful run on their last turn. Fortunately, Jinteki have some dangerous ICE which makes the runner more cautious in the early game allowing you some chances to use Shipment From Tennin.

Other than allowing you to fast advance agendas, the other big advantage with Shipment From Tennin is that it is so cheap. Other fast advance enablers such as Biotic Labor and SanSan City Grid will cost you 7-8 to score a 3/2 from hand. With Shipment From Tennin you can score a 3/2 from hand for only three credits - hardly giving up any tempo.

Does Shipment From Tennin make Jinteki fast advance decks a thing now (at least until Braintrust rotates)?

2 Likes

I like Shipment from Tennin, but I also feel that you probably shouldn’t play it in Tennin… I feel Nisei Division or AgInfusion is a better fit. (AgInfusion because a weakness of Pure-FA decks is losing in Centrals to High-Powered events, like Indexing, Deep Data Mining, or Account Siphon, and AgInfusion’s ability single-handedly shuts down those options.)

Alternatively, you might be able to do something with Chronos Protocol, since that’s a deck that people really don’t like to run against until they’re ready…

I’d say a key of the deck would be finding as many ways to play Shipment as possible, so recycling the card back in with various cards is probably a good idea. (Could a 54IG deck be made with Museums to do this?)

2 Likes

I went with an AgInfusion deck mainly because it was new and I wanted to try out other new cards too. It feels pretty good though. Centrals seem pretty secure especially from those high impact runs you mentioned. I usually play it without making a scoring remote but score everything out of hand. With the extra influence I’ve been able to fit in 2 Biotic Labors so there are 5 FA tools I have.

One of my favourite plays is putting the first Medical Breakthrough out naked with 2 advancements on it. Even if they steal it, you now have 6 agendas you can fast advance. But you do have to do it by turn 3 before they know your plan and while they still have cards they need to play from hand. Some people just do not run it though which just makes your game a whole lot easier.

I also play 3 Jacksons and 1 Preemptive Action to recur those Shipment From Tennins and econ (Chyashi is expensive).

At the very least, the deck is very fun to play.

1 Like

I’ve been running the below:

Agenda (10)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Operation (21)
3x “Clones are not People” (Democracy and Dogma)
1x Ark Lockdown (Escalation) ••
3x Shipment from Tennin (Blood and Water)
3x IPO (Terminal Directive)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (3)
3x Chiyashi (Quorum)

Code Gate (5)
3x DNA Tracker (Escalation)
2x Mirāju (Blood and Water)

Sentry (3)
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)

ICE (4)
3x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
1x Excalibur (The Source)

17 influence spent (maximum 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

Shipment from Tennin is good with AGIngusion since a lot of runners won’t run or it’s easy to throw them into a different server where they may not be successful. Need to make room for a CVS, but I’ve had some fun with this, and it’s quite good and quick. A fast track may be nice as well too!

In my off time, I’ve been running a revamped version of a Tennin deck I came across a while back. The idea is that you never make a remote, and just ICE the ever loving crap out of your centrals and FA out everything. Against Shaper running Clot, you still have to make a remote, but if suddenly everyone is running Clot Shaper, just mix some cards around and run a couple Cyberdex. Or play something else =P. Anyhow, here’s my current list.

WTF’S a Remote?

Tennin Institute: The Secrets Within (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (11)

Asset (2)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (16)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (8)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

Yeah, that’s a Builder. In terms of cost to break, it’s basically a 2-to-rez Hortum, because letting it fire even once lets me FA an agenda from the counters. And yeah, that’s an Improved Protein Source. It’s easily scored with 2 Tricks, 2 Shipments, or one of each. The Builder is kind of an experiment (one that’s working so far), but the Protein is actually fantastic. The other option is to make it a Future Perfect or a Food, but then you have an agenda that you can never, ever score without that server that you never want to make. The 4/3 agenda size is amazing here, and running just 1 of them doesn’t make it feel too unsafe.

Other than that, Caprice and Crisium keeps successful runs from occurring, and Mass Commercialization is like a cash explosion. I want another one in there, and will probably drop a Celeb Gift to do so. It might honestly not be bad to run 3 of them and only 1 gift, but slow changes.

Anyhow, the deck seems good. Throw up huge servers, score from hand!

1 Like

15 ices, 11 agendas is too wild for me (ratio is 1.36, the best I can play is 1.4).

What is the purpose of Clones ?
You could play Subliminals (or for exemple Clones are not People) there if you compress those points.

Quandary could be, in a Tennin deck, always be replaced by a Crick. Because this is expensive to run through, meaning more attrition.

Its actually great in tenin. Paired with ToL scoring 4/2 or 4/3s from hand is super good. Or, scoring with ToL or SFrT from NA with the tennin counter is super good.

You could also NA a 5/3 with Tennin, this makes 2 regular advancements + free Tennin + Shipement.

The only thing is the NA strategy in Tennin is expected by a lot of medium - good range players (this is the Tennin victim speaking there).

So yes, FA seems to be a better approach.

I don’t remember Polish Tennis this much, I’m searching for the deck on nrdb.

Run crisium, nisei, obokota with ben, and lots of good ice. You can make medium taxing, especially if you’re ice heavy as tennin wants to be, keep temujin from firing cheaply. Eventually tax’em out.

Obokota won’t trigger Tennin, it will make them cancel the steal (additional cost) but a succ run will be there.
I found the Polish Tennis that first invented the “no remote”, here it is: link.

The point of obokota is to nto be stolen from RnD with Ben protecting it…or the remote, tough to steal agendas make central server accesses taxing to cope with. Even a tennin remote of 2 kakugo ben is rough to steal an obokota from, especially if you go in not knowing for sure the unadvanced card even is an agenda.

1 Like

Janky (I think) : rezzing Ben when Obokota is top R&D card ?
(not in a remote in an remoteless Tennin)

This is antisynergetic to me (with a Tennis strategy).

With such an ice/agenda density, I could play Space Camps there, to remove the need of archive ices (but would wait a little because Alice is a new toy).

Why not immporting Shipement of Tennin in an Off the Crisium Grid Weyland deck ?

You tell me. What does Shipment do in an OTG Weyland deck? If I’m advancing things in an OTG server, why do I want to spend 3 influence on a card that only helps me FA Atlas, when that 3 inf could be a good card, like DNA Tracker?[quote=“Syntax, post:8, topic:9038”]
You could also NA a 5/3 with Tennin
[/quote]

This is the part where I direct you to the portion I wrote saying that you never make a remote. And the purpose of Clone Retirement is that you get to score 1 point from hand, getting you your 7th point. If you’re running Clones Aren’t Dudes as your 7th point, that means you need to run shitty 4/2 agendas that are awkward to score out of hand and take more resources than they are worth for this strategy (as well as needing to set up the Clones Ain’t Mans the turn beforehand, both drastically signaling the upcoming score as well as leaving it open to being countered by a runner current). If you want to make a server and score like some regular schmoe, then yeah, play all the 4/2s you want; at that point, we’re playing different decks entirely.

yeah, it only works as a never advance strategy, but if you’re trying to encourage the runner to not have made a successful run, installing something juicy in a remote or naked on the board really isn’t going to help that

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right that’s a different deck.

OTG (+ Crisium) in Weyland would work to NA 4/2 (and go for Shipement train with Atlases) - you can see a naked OTG as not really be a remote.

I would have to study again the main problems of Atlas train in Titan, because NAing one with Shipement would mean scoring 4pts :wink:

(IRRRRShipAA then tutor Atlas & Shipement any turn Shipement works and FA it.).

Oh, and Succesfull demonstration are fun in Tennin, working again as an incitement to run until attrition.

Tennin is amazing. It is literally a half price Biotic. I have been playing it in Ag at 3x with 3x Biotic and it is glorious.

1 Like

I saw a game you played against Code Marvelous on his stream last night. Your deck is pretty similar to mine. AgInfusion is, I think, the best ID choice for the runner not getting a successful run.

If you are using it for fast advancing an agenda (which is 99.99% of the time), it will cost you 3 credits for a 3/2 whereas Biotic Labor costs 7. So it is even better than a half price Biotic Labor!

1 Like

I attempted to combine Trick of Light and Shipment from Tennin, but found advancing the ICE slowed down tempo too much and made it to where the draw order could be wrong. Biotic and Shipment from Tennin is the best combo of fast advance, of the two. Haven’t tried out SanSan City Grid. It may could work if you import 2 Grids, and use the other influence for Friends in High Places.