SHL - Jinteki Edition

Use \# to get # in the beginning of the line.

1 Like

If we play a full match, do we report one entry for corp and one for runner, or just one for both?

1 for each side, so 2 in total.

usually people report with a comment of ‘corp win’ or ‘runner win’

this avoids spoiling info about your opponent.

1 Like

Oh, I haven’t thought about that, that’s true. So what would you usually screenshot in the log? I guess not everything, right?

I anticipate playing against you sir!

Well, the most important information. If there is a rules debate, screenshot that, if he ragequit, screenshot that. If it takes more than one screenshot to provide the information needed, it’s fine.

Signed up, will be the first organized play for me. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

All signed up. I’ll try to get a couple practice games in today to figure out the interface.

1 Like

Hyped!

getting a game is painful.
too many ignorant people join and, surprisingly, do not even want to hear about SHL when they leave

1 Like

This will get easier, I think/hope. There are bound to be teething troubles.

Yeah, I figured this would be a problem. Everyone just try and be polite and explain, hopefully people will learn what shl means pretty quick. After a week or so if it’s still a problem I’ll talk to someone who works on jinteki about a possible solution, but no promises.

I’ve found that writing something like “Stimhack league” instead of “SHL” helps (slightly).

1 Like

Honestly , the biggest problem for me has been the lag from the new influx of players (not actually a problem)

Was about to try and get some games in, but I’m having trouble with jinteki.net: on Firefox, the bottom of the screen is cut off (so you can’t see the corp ID, deck, stuff in remote servers etc); on IE, it refuses to acknowledge any of my saved decks and just offers the defaults (2013 Andy, Kate, PE, HB). So I can’t actually play on either. Any easy solutions? I’m on a Windows tablet if that helps.

1 Like

Can you zoom out your browser. That should solve the interface issues.

You might struggle a bit on a tablet, you need to be able to drag and drop cards to discard them.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Ta, that worked! Did not even know that was a thing; I would make a rubbish hacker.

1 Like

There is a “/discard” command btw, I’ve never used it but I’ve heard that it makes tablet gaming managable.

Long time lurker here, and a Jinteki.net player… let me just say… woohoo, should spur me on to actually play some games rather than watching.

1 Like

http://i.imgur.com/uhMMFWd.png

not in my experience

29 Likes