[SHL6] - The Official Stimhack League, Round SIX!

(Shameless jacking of the good man @Argamas’s original post. Thanks again you saint.)

Hello!

We are taking a longer break between OCTGN leagues this time around. I figure, we got a Jinteki.net version currently rolling (which if you aren’t in that… shame on you and get on that!) run by @SimonMoon. So the break isn’t as unwelcome as it would be in the past.

How long of a wait are we talking?

OCTGN Stimhack League #7 is going to start in the early parts of January 2016. Either First or Second Week. Be on the look out for that!

But… maybe you are craving a league, and don’t like Jinteki.net interface. Maybe you feel you missed the boat on the Jinteki.net league. Maybe you want a new experience entirely…

Well… there’s hope for you yet!

Introducing The OCTGN SHL Rush.

All the fun of a league, with much less of the time commitment!

Card Legality - If it’s a data pack is on OCTGN in its entirety, it’s legal. So whenever Mumbad starts, that’s the rule.

Hello Netrunner Universe,

I am very excited to announce the OCTGN SHL Rush. We are happy that we can continue the league for this great community!

First and foremost here, while OCTGN is a great interface, please do your homework and know how to use OCTGN prior to entering any league games.

OCTGN is not entirely intuitive, but thankfully Tuism (from BGG) made an excellent easy to use OCTGN GUIDE.

We will be using http://www.challengeboards.net/ as our league host.

You will need to “register” for BOTH the website and for the specific league. The league is called OCTGN SHL Rush #1

The Password for the league is “whoneedsfreetime” (remove the airquotes). We decided to add a password to avoid the few nasty players we encounter every league.

Please make your names on OCTGN, Stimhack, and the league website as close to the same as possible to avoid confusion for your opponents!

The league will start 12/14/2015 and conclude 12/22/2015.

That’s right. One week. That’s it. Go full ham sandwich and don’t be afraid to bleed ELO.

When you start a league game, just make sure you have “SHL” in the title. It will deter non league players, and let other Stimhack league players you are looking for a game.

There will be no minimum or maximum number of games you can play. Play anytime, as much as you like. The winner will report the game, and loser will have 36 hours to “reject” the game if there is a discrepancy.

It’s also nice if you are the loser to go ahead and “verify” the loss, this will speed along the scoring of the game.

You are not required to play a full match, playing only one side is ok. Although to keep in the spirit of Netrunner please mix up who you play and which side you play as much as possible.

Play any legal decks you like. For simplicity sake, if the cards are “rezzed” on OCTGN, then they are available for league play.

If you do an SHL game request, you have to accept all who want to play and are in the league. You do not have to play two games. If you want to play certain players, make a private game.

We use an ELO system, and there will be no playoff for this league. The leaderboard is the one true god.

If you have any troubles in-game, take screenshots of the full incident so we can see what happened (be as informative as possible) and post in this thread. We hope we can avoid trouble, but will deal with it if needed. I will handle any issues brought up. -bahram

About Disconnects in particular…

Take screenshots of how long the game was in. If you clearly had a winning spot, we can make the case for the win… but usually we hope to just null the game. One game is one game, but getting a loss in anything that was arguably close… that’s a rough feel.

But explain the game state, take screenshots for sure, and most importantly get a picture of the log, to confirm if it was a D/C or if your opponent just left.

We know the trouble with ELO and the current Challengeboard site. I need to look into a different possible system, but I will do that between this little thing, and SHL7.

Prize: This is a one week thing. No badge. Try your best in SHL7 if you want a badge like our previous winners. But! it’s cool. The winner is gonna get some Team Covenant Holiday Credit Tokens, or a Data Pack mailed to them. Winner’s Choice. And yes, just the winner. Try your best.

I think that about does it. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns here at the forums

10 Likes

Just gonna post this 1 more time. So everyone knows.

DATA AND DESTINY IS LEGAL FROM THE START OF THE LEAGUE. No warning in the title needed. Every one knows since you had to read this to join. Go get 'em nerds.

5 Likes

Hey, @Bahram, is D&D legal for the league? I’m not sure, you left it kinda ambiguous. :smile:

6 Likes

Well, yea it is he says it like 50 times. The real question is, do you have to include it in the title when you make your game?

5 Likes

You freaking trolls. XD

5 Likes

So proud of you, started with Fire Wall ETF and now look at you <3

5 Likes

Thanks for running this. So there are no changes from last time? What happened to your ideas of weekly splits and such?

1 Like

Polls said that the public doesnt like change. :1234:

How am I to change your minds. Give em what they want.

3 Likes

Thank you @bahram for taking over the league management! It’s appreciated! I look forward to being the ELO pinata again :smiley:

2 Likes

I started with NBN Glacier with Wall of Thorns and Neural Katanas.

My decks until about the middle of Spin were awesome, no garbage, no silly, no casual, no… well they were an experience!

Fire Wall ETF isn’t even the start of my HB Glacier life. Thats been long in the works. XD

You don’t even know me man! </3

Interest check. I will be streaming weekly (ish) to spectate and commentate SHL games. I personally am thinking Tuesday evenings. But if you guys would wanna watch, and have a time that you would wanna see it… let me know.

Gotta figure that all out.

1 Like

I’ll see how they go, but I might be willing to skype in to do some commentary, particularly on matches that I’m playing in XD

Likewise for me, sounds fun!

Is there a match-making chat/forum anywhere?

Also, can we use Jin.net for playing the games, or OCTGN only?

Seconding jin.net - it’s at least as good a place to play as OCTGN at this point (and it means I don’t have to install a VM just to play SHL matches).

This league is rigged! The TO is #1 even though I have the same record and SoS!!!1

2 Likes

We have the Stimhack Skype Chat we’ve been using to coordinate matches, other than that I do not believe anything else exists.

Do most matches come from Skype chat? Or from random OCTGN matches?

(And is it possible to access Skype chat through browser, or just through Skype client?)

A lot of the matches come from random OCTGN matches but more and more are coming from the Skype chat for those of us in it.

You can access Skype from a browser. web.skype.com

I am against using jinteki.net for the reason that I think the league will fracture, so that the same people are actually playing in parallel rather than in the same league. I think a SHL - J.net edition would be well-received as well, though.

7 Likes

Is there a match making chat?

Not in particular, but joining the Stimhack Skype is great. We talk. A LOT. Like ‘turn off your notifications for that channel’ a lot. But if you are looking to play, just saying ‘who wants to play’ usually gets you a friend. :1234:

Thats the best option, besides random games. Though a league around ELO and a leaderboard, you should be up for random games more than set up ones imo.

I would say the high majority of SHL games are randoms just making rooms, not pre-made matches. But its an option and the Skype is a great place to find people for it.

About SHL and Jinteki.net

100% no - You need to use OCTGN. Sorry..

Having 2 locations, and mostly because players would only play their preferred platform, would fracture the leaderboard. #1 and #2 could be on different platforms, and not only would they never play each other… but they also would have similiar ELO, through very different paths and opponent skills potentially.

I think a Jinteki.net league would be well recieved, and I heard it talked about before. But I dont like the platform, and I know I’m only gonna really be on OCTGN. So i am not the man for that job.

I fully support someone running a Jinteki SHL though. But I really dislike the idea of having 2 platforms on the same leaderboard. Sorry!

8 Likes