#slipthestrips Memstrips news: Memstrips wins Portland Regionals

Congrats to Justin! Well played.

This is what happens on stream when MemStrips wins a large tournament:

22 Likes

So much for Whizzard. #lastweeksgarbage

10 Likes

Congratulations @nobody

6 Likes

Indeed, thank you for properly shouting out to the winner, @nobody. Just having fun with the thread, we know your sick Val piloting won the day. Undefeated?

2 Likes

Hey, congrats @nobody! Anything that makes @mediohxcore ragequit that hard is A-OK in my book.

You pay $4, two clicks, and two cards to get two cards that don’t do a damn thing at all

Love the quote, regardless of the accuracy of it. :smile:

Yeah, please tell us how the deck performed. Can we also get the decklist posted, please?

5 Likes

It was undefeated. I felt like I was in a good spot against him and lost anyways in swiss, he just played really well today. His best play all day imo was off stream, when he made a play I would never make.

@nobody installed an atman at 7… to get through a wraparound to steal an astro in the winner bracket finals.

Pretty crazy.

9 Likes

you’re welcome

26 Likes

There was so much Whizzard here at the Portland Regionals. I played most of my games vs him, actually, which was surprising. There was also a lot of NEH scorched, which Whizz has a pretty good matchup against, since they rely on you spending cash trashing shit, which is the literal only thing Whizz is good for. It was a fantastic day, with a lot of great people and players. I was sad to go out to @jakodrako 's 90 card double medium dig on R&D, but it was great to be able to watch the final couple matches.

Grats to @nobody! That Val deck is a god damned monster.

3 Likes

submitted the decks to the tournament winner list. here’s my val deck: Portland Regionals 1st Place Runner: V-God · NetrunnerDB

8 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for your time and effort.

1 Like

@nobody and Memstrip are better than Dan…

4 Likes

Challenge: Anyone who can beat Dan best 2/3 with a deck that uses Memstrips gets to design alt-art cards for his entire deck, which don’t have the name on them; instead, each card is just an emoji, and he has to remember which emoji stands for which card. He uses this deck at worlds. :laughing:

Obviously not serious, but that would be hilarious.

7 Likes

And this is why you pack Cyberdex Virus Suite in your corp deck… keeps pesky Anarchs and Shapers out of your Archive and potentially will kill a deep medium dig if you have it installed. Learn to love the CVS!

5 Likes

Nice job! I need to get off my ass, stop futzing around with (the glorious) PPVP Comet MaxX, and really play some Val decks. They just end up looking like a pile of all my favorite cards. I bet I could even make Morning Star work with Memstrips in there…

I just started playing noise a bit.

Take out Grimoire, fit in Memstrips?

IS THIS WHAT IT TAKES?!

GUIDE ME.

5 Likes

Help you grow, Master @x3r0h0ur can. Also one with the Memstrips, Master @steve_houston is. :laughing:

No, but serious, keep the Grimoire. It’s waaaaay too good to take out.

This would allow you to play Turntable. Might actually be decent :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes
1 Like

I LOST THE FAITH. I’M SORRY BROS AND BRODDETTES. I HAVE FALLEN!

Stars… in your multitude… scarce to be counted…

3 Likes

"Run all assets and trash for cheap because you’re just a better version of whizzard. "

“Blackmail every remote you can trash whatever’s in there just do it.”

(zero SOT)

Love the write up. Obviously inspired by Shia. At least he got SOMEone to DO IT!!!

2 Likes