#slipthestrips Memstrips news: Memstrips wins Portland Regionals

Someone needs to make a Val alt-art with the flavor text changed to: “MemStrips deserves a chance. MemStrips.”

16 Likes

Just a couple of weeks ago I was saying how humorous this communities’ dedication to trolling @mediohxcore by talking up memstrips was. Now someone’s taken it to the limit by winning a regional with the strips? Amaze.

edit: ahhhhhhhhh Chronotype/Wyldside! It’s the anarch dance craze that’s sweeping the nation!

3 Likes

To be fair, it was one card of 50.

2 Likes

2% of the time it works every time?

11 Likes

And it’s only really bad if you see it super-early. Mid-game it’s usually ok (if a luxury), and late it can be a game winner.

Not everything is done to troll Dan.

8 Likes

Agree with @gumOnShoe’s comments on the netrunnerdb page–was having Plascrete huge for you, considering the field with so much Butchershop? I think Anarchs sometimes (me included) are greedy relying solely on IHW. It’s a tough call. But once you get that Plascrete down, NEH’s kill plan is considerably harder.

As for the MemStrips–I’ve been there, I have seen the foot-long spread of programs before me and have been pleased.

1 Like

I always liked the card in Anarch. @eric_c added Progenitor as his 46th card in his winning Whizz, and it could’ve been a Memstrip.

BTW, tell me people aren’t running 51 in Val (same fucking logic, right?).

4 Likes

hahahahaha no. There’s often a +1 that feels good but doesn’t fit in 45. 50 is more than enough (I hope!)

2 Likes

Yeah. Love that bizarre psychology.

6 Likes

This time next year. I think netrunner hit this plateu of too many good cards over the last year that cutting is just harder at 45; but not so much at 50. A year ago, 45 wasn’t difficult. Maybe also the number of threats. Used to be you could count on seeing 4 main decks at most. Now, its probably different decks every matchup. Don’t think I saw any repeats at Madison regionals.

1st world problems.

Also, in val you can deal with 50, but there’s always that 1 card if you had it now. I don’t think I could ever go to 51.

4 Likes

He was the one person I faced all day that I could just never kill with him playing 3 IHW, a Plascrete and a Utopia Shard. Getting through all that is just an almost undoable feat. And then he plays like the Midseasons is actually going to matter, staying up on credits before runs, but trying to make you think that maybe you can actually land it, trying to bait you into slipping him an agenda. It’s very demoralizing =P

7 Likes

You’re never not a little bit scared no matter what playing against kill decks. Breaking News can still get ya, but that’s wildly hard to pull off vs. Ms. Blackmail herself.

Yeah, which is my preffered play against anarchs, since it’s usually so easy to just gear check them. But man, Blackmail + recursion makes it just so damn hard.

Exposé coming next pack I believe? Also will allow you to run Muckracker and maybe Grim.

1 Like

Plascrete was big. I knew b-shop was going to be everywhere and that I’ve Had Worse wasn’t enough, because b-shop was literally designed to kill decks that only rely on IHW. I didn’t want to include it, and I hate it as a card, but I had the same feeling about memstrips and here we are.

7 Likes

everyone seems to have cut the reclamation order from the original list which made it possible to eat plascrete too. i was thinking lab dog could be a pretty cheeky splash too.

2 Likes

Hey, you guys talkin’ about Memstripz?

5 Likes

Hilariously adding a 51st is less bad that adding a 46th because it dilutes your deck slightly less.

It’s also funny that people don’t add a 41st card to 40 card IDs. People only seem to do it with 45 card runners

5 Likes

Right. As I noted, it’s a bizarre mentality people have adopted, and perpetuate because it has ‘worked’.

Still screams ‘laziness’, which I can spot well, as I’m damn lazy.

6 Likes

Firstly assuming Lab Dog doesn’t die instantly to Parasite, Runner gets to pick the hardware so obviously they’re going to just sac their Memstrips instead of the Plascrete.

Man, Memstrips is so good in every situation. Saving the day with Memstrips.

10 Likes