#slipthestrips Memstrips news: Memstrips wins Portland Regionals

So basically Lab Dog makes Memstrips better. Obviously designed as a combo.

8 Likes

In many traditional cultures, installing a Memstrips and then never using it the entire game is considered a lucky charm.

Itā€™s known to ward off Lab Dogs, Data Hounds, and other nefarious cyber-beasts with 100% effectiveness.

20 Likes

Damn. I only killed consoles, Clone Chips, and RDIs with my Dogs. Guess they shouldā€™ve been running Memstrips.

3 Likes

I added Targeted Marketing as tech in my Butchershop to counter Memstripsā€¦

10 Likes

The only way it can instantly die to parasite is if they used Clone chip. Iā€™m fine with that 'cuz itā€™s the same thing as if they chose to trash it due to Lab dogā€™s subroutine firing, only this time they wasted 2 more credits.

5 Likes

Or if you have Self-Modifying Code or Personal Workshop or Savoir-Faire

1 Like

It is my position that ONE DAY Savoir-Faire will be good. Maybe with the new Criminal runner and the B&E breakers and Autoscripter.

1 Like

Mid run Atman installs out of Andy via Savoir Faire.

Count it. Its awesome.

I know Dirk (aka stillnotking on BGG forums, heā€™s since quit this game for Hearthstone and Gilmore Girls, sadly) tried running Savoir Faire in an Andy Parasite deck and 100% of the time, he couldnā€™t use it because memory was the issue.

Iā€™ve always dreamed of using it in a janky Anarch Hivemind-Parasite deck, but clone chip costs way less in money, influence, and memory. I just donā€™t know who needs the 5 cards in their grip covered with the stack and the heap covered by SMC and clone chip respectively.

sounds like he needs memstrips

8 Likes

Not just a joke, actual reasonable advice.

1 Like

17 Likes

Fine. I have one less parasite to worry about. Sure, recursion is a thing (insta parasites) but there are only so many times they can use it. Maximum probably (tell me if Iā€™m wrong) is 3 (normal) + 3 (clone chips) + 6 (Deja Vu) + 3 (Retrieval run) Sure, itā€™s a lot but all of these cards have to be drawn and played and paid for. Also, Levy is a thing. Well, itā€™s starting to seem like a good deck to include all these cards in but ICE destruction is only a tactic to win, not a victory condition itself.

+3 (Test Run) +X (Trope, soon) x4 (3 copies of LARLA). Basically the runner can kill more ICE than the Corp can include in their deckā€¦ but theyā€™ll probably need Memstrips to hold all those programs.

3 Likes

Test run can only count as a first Parasite use. It doesnā€™t let you use parasite more than once.

Yes it does, it can recur from heap!

4 Likes

Probably because if people understand the value of a 40 card minimum size, then they get why running 46 is a bad idea.

5 Likes

Right, sorry, I acknowledge my defeat.

Poor parasites though, getting abused so much.

If Iā€™m building a 40 card deck, Iā€™m doing it for the consistency and lightning speed. If Iā€™m going up to 41, why not just go to 45, get a potentially stronger ability and 4 other cards if 40 really isnā€™t right.