#slipthestrips Memstrips news: Memstrips wins Portland Regionals

Let’s keep the 46 card argument confined to the kate thread. I don’t want no forum-wide holy war.

6 Likes

“Brother will kill brother
Spilling blood across the land
Killing for 46-card decks
Something I don’t understand”

7 Likes

it took me way too long I realize “something I don’t understand” where the actual lyrics and not your statement of inability to understand them.

8 Likes

This just in: yesterday’s Prague regionals won by a deck that wouldn’t really function without MemStrips - he was actually splashing for multiple copies, out of Shaper. More details as they become available, I will say though that the list was completely awesome and included things like Creeper.

5 Likes

Need! I replaced Grimoir in my Whizz deck… I needed that extra MU several times. :blush:

Found it. What a creative mind…

Sag3 (Prague Regionals Winner)

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker

Event (11)
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Legwork ••
1x Scavenge
1x Stimhack •
3x Sure Gamble
2x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (14)
2x Clone Chip
2x Dinosaurus
3x Dyson Mem Chip
2x e3 Feedback Implants ••••
2x MemStrips ••••
1x Plascrete Carapace
2x R&D Interface

Resource (12)
3x Data Folding
2x Kati Jones
3x Professional Contacts
1x Same Old Thing
3x Underworld Contact

Icebreaker (4)
1x Atman
1x Creeper
2x Sage

Program (5)
1x Clot ••
1x Parasite ••
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Decklist published on http://netrunnerdb.com.

6 Likes

Nice to see a Sage deck do well. I tried designing some of these, always using Tyson Observatory since you then only need one E3, one Dyson and one console. Maybe the creator tried it out here and found it was too slow?

This is a hot deck. I want to move to Europe.

2 Likes

Jesus fucking christ

19 Likes

Someone had this deck at the MN Regional yesterday. However, when I faced him, we were at the very bottom table. (Not my day, to say the least. Picked up an alt Femme as the Scorched Earth prize, though. And a high five from Lukas.)

I won. Sage is cute, especially against NEXT ice, IQ, Eli, and Turing… But setup time is a real issue.

1 Like

Needs more borrowed satellite.

3 Likes

i last second swapped my singleton memstrips for a progenitor friday (MN regionals) because previous games had made it appear that I didn’t need 3 MU and a progenitor is faster. I was wrong though and the timing cost me more tempo than the 3 credits would have.

I know it’s a bit (see: joke) for some but memstrips is a decent card, it just requires a certain type of deck so most times i agree it’s not the right call.

2 Likes

Dan can you do a Memstrips stream and play a bunch of MemDecks? Pleeeeease?

2 Likes

In the writeup for his deck he says this

I also feel the two memstrips are a lot of influence wasted, with tons
of other MU options in faction, but I was afraid of Curtain Walls out of
Blue Sun with no davids - to get Sage to 10 I “only” need a dino,
memstrips and a dyson.

I don’t want to muck up his deck page with a dumb question, so I ask here. Wouldn’t memstrips (1) and a (1) dyson only give you an 8 str Sage? Which would not suffice for Curtain Wall. What am I missing?

4 base + 2 Dino + 3 Memstrips + 1 Dyson = 10

I find the whole premise of Memstrips to be quite ridiculous from a common sense point of view. Why would a manufacturer produce a chip that can literally only support mal-ware?

EDIT: Whoever manages the art on NetrunnerDB should also be aware that the image still has an FFG watermark on it. Not sure if that makes it any more or less of a copyright infringement?

1 Like

Hackers are also frequently “makers” as well. They are made at home in the workshop using a hackster recipe book!

1 Like

From what I’ve seen yesterday, the deck is both extremely potent and very hard to play properly. Needs very good mulligan decisions, as well as a good sense of when and how to apply pressure in the early game, before you shift into god mode. Julian (the guy playing it) is in my opinion easily the best player in Prague, so he piloted it nigh-perfectly.

Perhaps it would be best to accept that some men shall forever remain trapped in the cage their own mind has constructed for them and move on :smile:

1 Like

Certainly looks like it has a strong late-game with all of the clickless drip economy, but is it not just incredibly slow? It feels like the game could already be over long before “god mode” initialises because the deck has to click for every card draw. I know Pro Co helps in that department, but most of the faster PPVP Kate decks don’t like the tempo hit and this version has a lot more moving parts in order to get set up. Feels like NEH will tear it apart - Clot is mostly irrelevant as they could just slow advance behind a single ICE until the breaker shows up.

I’ll certainly be giving this (or similar) a trial run, but I can’t see it being quick enough.

Which piece of ICE? Considering the pieces NEH plays, a single Sage alone takes care of all ETRs with the exception of Tollbooth (and possibly Wall of Static/Lotus Field), both of which really only hold until the first memory card hits the table. Two sages, three SMCs, seven insta-money cards (if you count Stimhack, which you damn well should). Dunno, seems decent enough to me - sure, there’s plenty of space to screw it up for yourself with bad play (like, autopilot-thinking ProCon installs), but that’s why I said I think the deck is hard to pilot.

This probably goes without saying, but Clot’s purpose isn’t really to stop the first score, but to stop the last one by making the previous ones’ fast-advance capability irrelevant.

Wouldn’t -2 Memstrips, +1 D4v1d, +1 Scavenge be better, especially when you already have E3?