SMC ANRPRO Finals Weekend - ATL 9/12-9/13-Spread the Word! More Prizes!

Also mad props to all of the people who did things to make this possible:

@Cory_Hockman lighting the fuse that started the ANRPC bonfire.

@dodgepong the sick stream setup bringing our games to the rest of the world.

@akonnick @AceJack @pacer @BrzinskiBear and the various other casters for providing the voices to further bring out the greatness of the stream.

And of course, all of the players that provided tons of great games and this awesome community. I’m truly happy to have found this community a few years ago!

5 Likes

@anon50033301 is legend. His commentary in the Twitch stream was undoubtedly the greatest contribution of the ANRPC to date.

6 Likes

i wasn’t joking. bringing these to ChiLo/GLC with us this weekend.

6 Likes

Congrats to Gordie Murphy (HB FA & PPVP Kate), the winner of the first ever Southern Megacity Circuit of the ANR Pro Circuit!

I’ll hopefully be getting all 3 tournaments’ worth of videos on my channel within the next few weeks! (LCQ, Draft, Invitational)

5 Likes

What did I miss?

1 Like

smh all he did was make lego comments

One of the finalists - playing MaxX - tracked credits by pips on various Legos he had. This distressed @anon50033301 causing hilarity to ensue in the Twitch chat.

My favorite line from Josh was “if you’re running Legos, I’m checking the remote” in the midst of an exchange discussing the merits of a naked Astro installation on the first turn.

5 Likes

honestly though

5 Likes

legos aside, much respect and congratulations to everyone involved in putting this together. a lot of people spent a lot of time, effort, and money to make this weekend happen. dodgepong’s stream was, as always, on fucking point. SMC’s finals should serve as a model for anyone hoping to run a great ANRPro event.

i only wish they got a much bigger turnout for this! but hopefully seeing Netrunner events streamed like this encourages others to run and attend more local events.

4 Likes

What was the headcount? I was expecting it to be huge with all the swag and hype they were building. I was tempted to fly across the damn globe just to go! No excuses if you were in the US already.

We had 22 compete in LCQ and 24 in the Finals (that cap was preset). Overall we have about 30 unique entries. Some people who didn’t make the LCQ just showed up to draft most of the weekend.

Only bummer was none of the Atomic Empire Qualifiers made it out to the event. So we pulled deeper into the LCQ to max Final attendance.

Overall good event. Hopefully it’ll be bigger next year.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton Eric. I also wish the turnout was better, but it meant most people walked away with an awesome prize for being there.

Atlanta rolled out in full force. Florida and Alabama represented. South Carolina sent a couple. Hell! Even a person from Indiana was there. I agree, if you were in GA and didn’t make it you totally missed out.

2 Likes

Shit! Can’t forget the awesome TN crew as well. Matt is the master at Fantasy Netrunner.

2 Likes

I know I said it in twitch chat but this was awesome. Thanks to everyone who put this together.

Any chance we can get final standings, Id breakdown, top 4 decklists?

(Our appetite is insatiable)

Also Legos in chat was the best

2 Likes

Here are the winning decklists:

No-Surprises Kate

HBFA

Top 4 ID Breakdown

1st: HB FA & PPVP Kate (Gordie)
2nd: NEH Astrobiotics & Reg-Ass MaxX (Randall)
3rd: NEH Team Sponsorship & PPVP Kate (Hollis)
4th: NEH Astrobiotics (feat. Explodapalooza) & Stealth Hayley (Kevin)

5 Likes

So much hate on my Legos…

7 Likes

So surprised by those numbers, but pumped you managed to have an awesome event regardless. Did anyone cosplay? Would love to see pics if so.

I’d be fine with them if you stacked them like legos are meant to be. Using them as a pile of arbitrary tokens in nonstandard denominations is just out of line though.

3 Likes

No one did the cosplay unfortunately. I kept hearing ideas of what people thought about doing, but no one went through with it. So we just raffled off the prizes for that event.

Event was still a blast regardless. Hopefully word spreads since next year should blow this year out of the water.

2 Likes

Aw, that’s a bummer. How about the trivia?

If you do it as big as this year I don’t think I can afford to miss it next time. Gotta start figuring out those logistics now…