SMC ANRPRO Finals Weekend - ATL 9/12-9/13-Spread the Word! More Prizes!

Thankfully, ATL is a major airline hub so wherever you live (even in S. America) getting to ATL is pretty easy.

Not the first time someone has thought I lived thereā€¦

Iā€™m quite a bit further than that currently, but that could change by this time next year.

Oh for some reason I thought I read that somewhere. Where are you?

Youā€™re thinking of @Treznor which is obviously an understandable mistake.

Iā€™m in South Korea.

even easier transportation wiseā€¦Daily flights on KE/DL from ICN to ATL

Significantly less easy on the wallet though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Unfortunately we werenā€™t able to do trivia, either. It was schedule for Saturday night, but people decided to play challenge decks and draft instead.

The challenge decks were a lot of fun! The 3 decks were:

Shapeshifter: 7 corp identities are shuffled into an NEH deck. When the runner accesses an ID, it is added to the corpā€™s ID and they can use that ability in addition to their existing abilities. And if that wasnā€™t enough, the corp got double influence.

The Collective: Laramy Fisk was voted over The Collective in the Plugged In tour, largely because people feared it would be too powerful. Turns out that gaining 16 credits in one turn with Opus + Hyperdriver in The Collective is pretty good!

Corporate Professor: An HB Fast Advance deck that is allowed to take single copies of any agenda in the game outside of HB and not count it against influence. Yes, Astroscript in HB. And double influence. Good luck!

2 Likes

Did anyone win?

The HB FA deck was beaten, and after many tries, The Collective was beaten. I donā€™t know if the Shapeshifter deck was ever beaten.

It was at the very end of the night.

Randall was a monster that whole weekend.

1 Like

Actually, I usually put them in near columns of 5-10 when they start to pile up. I try to make it easy for my opponents.

Donā€™t forget that sweet draft win too!
Gazes lovingly at Day Job print

1 Like

If my opponent told me they were using legos to track credits, I would give them a simple ā€œNo.ā€

I am not learning someone elseā€™s silly system in order to play.

3 Likes

Itā€™s honestly not hard to track. Itā€™s pretty easy to read pips across the table. Itā€™s no harder than reading dice.

Units of five are harder to do, though, which is unfortunate.

Ban all pips.

2 Likes

Token master race

Or full size oil paintings of Damon Stone if youā€™re @Chill84

5 Likes

If people are playing with dice correctly, you donā€™t need to add up the pips, you just need to count the dice. Keep them in 5ā€™s people, only one die at any given time should not be on 5.

3 Likes

Are you allowed to request certain tokens not be used? Is that an actual rule? I agree on keeping them in 5s, though, I actually do that because I think you did that in a video and I thought it was a great idea.

Side note, but I think tracking clicks should be mandatory. Iā€™ve seen way too many games with people taking extra clicks, including concrete examples from some of the best people from these forums and the world of Netrunner. Itā€™s always accidental, but accidental cheating is still bad. The most onerous was the Corp that took an extra click the very first turn! What Minh did at Worlds is fine for tracking clicks, I think. Iā€™ve also been guilty of this, too, Iā€™m sure.

3 Likes

Yeah, I hate tracking clicks and usually donā€™t screw up, but I agree it makes sense (and yes I have messed up before, see the streams from this years Durham regionals). I just find it slows the game down. As far as requesting different tokens, as far as I am concerned at tournaments I run, players can request their opponents use dice, or core set credits if there is an issue. I donā€™t mind people using whatever they want as long as it is crystal clear at a glance, but Iā€™ll be damned if Iā€™m going to sit through an explanation ā€œgreenā€™s are 2, and yellowā€™s are 1ā€¦ā€ before a match, I canā€™t be bothered to learn each persons quirky system.

2 Likes