Stimhack League Jinteki Rd 3

gratz, @Matuszczak!

2 Likes

Grats @Matuszczak

Sorry about all the disconnecting and not making it hard enough on you. Was playing quite annoyed :smiley:. I’m sure we’ll have rematch one day without DC’ing.

Thanks to @Halarith @Netjogging @FoilFlaws and the people watching, sorry about the anti climax :slight_smile:

3 Likes

176 players; and a total of 1097 games played over a six week period.

@Matuszczak congratulations to a worthy winner!

4 Likes

I have a question: how long is the usual break between seasons? I might be interested in joining next time around.

Usually about a month or so. I’ll usually start one up when I think of a good password.

why not passymcpassface

too meta?

then why not wordboysshop

also too meta?

then why not ighatesquadron

i can do this all day :stuck_out_tongue:

bytypingthisiagreetonotplayig

4 Likes

Grats @Matuszczak. Matias is one of the hidden gems of European players IMHO. Strong and always in the meta. This win was due for a long time.

2 Likes

Are FFG ever going to do a European Championships?

Having the top 4 in the Stimhack league all from Europe just shows the strength in depth on this side of the pond, without a major ‘continental’ championship to showcase it.

1 Like

They have announced recently that they plan to do them starting 2017.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all the kind words and awesome games. I had a blast and can’t wait till the next league starts :slight_smile:

Here are my decklists from the finals, sorry for being so late, but did not want them to be too public before Warsaw Regionals. I actually played some variations of those lists for most of the regular season games. I think there were some Andy/Blue Sun/weird corp games in the mix, but mainly Grail Palana and no cutlery Whizz. Enjoy :wink:

6 Likes

Both of these decks are amazing. I’m on palana glacier, but massive love for battygrail, so sick.

The Palana Grail deck looks like the right direction for my Palana glacier deck to head in.

My deck has been doing ok, but I keep feeling like it’s not really ‘doing anything’ by just installing taxing ICE and making the runner try to get into a server over and over again with Batty/Caprice. Grail + Mumbad City Grid is a combo I’ve been wanting to try for a while now!

I ended up cutting MCG, Navi could be better, but I have tested grail quite a lot, and if you can psi well, its overbearing. The problem is if they every do get into RnD, running a bunch of 1 cost to trash stuff (3x batty 3x caprice) makes RnD super porous. I changed up to 1 Batty 3 caprice, and just went glacier because it noob stomps enough, it almost feels like winmore to go with grails. And I never claim winmore.

Ever since that one time I flatlined a runner with a Batty --> Cortex lock (they used a lot of Cloud breakers) I feel like I owe Batty a couple extra slots.

But I know that you are right about making R&D too porus. It’s a really good call that adding extra upgrades, with so many Batty and Caprice makes R&D too easy to trash through for deeper digs.

I have gotten batty flatlines off the 1x komainu too, but its not common XD

I know it’s not common, but sometimes Faust runners just feel like they have to push on after they pass it, and then their life hangs by a psi game.

Batty is great sometimes, but most of the time he’s just a backstop between Caprice and a Nisei token…

If you rez Batty with Komainu runner cannot jack out before psi game.

true, but I would have to wait until the runner broke subs to fire the Batty

If they’re running Faust they can dump their hand before Komainu so there’s no net dmg sub to fire.

1 Like