Stimhack Store Champions Invitational & Last Chance Qualifier Fact Sheet

One important one is the order of accessing for Archives. Choosing to access TFP before NAPD or choosing to access a Shi.Kyu before or after damage cards is important and affects game states. OCTGN doesn’t let you choose, by default.

I’m not quite sure how to get around that in an elegant way, but I agree: it’d be nice to have concrete rules about a standardisation for what to do in these more esoterically fixed situations.

I dont see an easy solution to the Leela legwork problem, (and therefore suggest that you play it as OCTGN does), but please let me know if there is one. For the archives issue, you could, before accessing, move all of archives to face-up, then look and choose the order of access, (and access manually by moving cards to the play area temporarily).

If the players so choose for Leela, they can multiaccess HQ one at a time, moving the accessed card to the play area before accessing again. If you are in a match with either side playing Leela, you can insist that accesses are taken this way, but if no one insists on it, and someone goes ahead and access 3 cards at once, that will count for the access.

So, NOTE TO ANYONE PLAYING LEELA:

Please learn the way to access one card at a time, and if anyone insists you do so, you must.

2 Likes

I feel a little dumb for asking, but what is intentional splitting? I couldn’t figure it out from the context of your survey question and I’d like to contribute. Netrunner is my first competitive game so I don’t know all the lingo.

It’s when you agree with your opponent for a draw (2-2), because it will give both of you a place in the top.

2 Likes

The reason that agreeing to intetionally split is a rule in magic and other. is that one could simply Manufacture a split in many ways, one such way is to do nothing but click for credits as runner and letting the corp player win each time

Hi everyone!

I made a video detailing the last bits of information about the tournament. I strongly urge that all of you who are playing watch it, as it contains new information as well as old and I want everyone to be on the same page with regard to the rules, as well as be intimately familiar with the process of how the tournament will be run so that we can keep things moving as smoothly and quickly as possible.

Among other things, this video has a few new announcements, including, but not limited to, the following:

(1) Decklists should be submitted to SSCI Decklist Submission - StimHack. I know I told you to email them to me but this will be much easier for us to handle come tournament day. Your deck registration counts as your attendance confirmation, so if you fail to submit a deck, I will assume you are not playing. If you already emailed me, please resubmit your decklist here before Saturday 4/11 at 10:00am EDT.

(2) If Leela multiaccesses HQ, OCTGN will not automatically trigger Leela’s ability between accesses as the official rules state. If you are playing Leela and the Corp insists you access cards one at a time to allow for the trigger to happen in between, you must do so by accessing one card and then returning to HQ to access each subsequent card with the previously accessed cards moved to the play area or the removed-from-game zone so that you can’t access them again. In the event that the corp does not insist that you access in this way, the 3-cards-at-once access WILL count; the corp cannot insist that the Leela player starts their access over.

(3) If you are accessing Archives and the order of access matters for whatever reason, the corp player should inform the runner that the order may matter, move all cards from the face-down archives pile to the face-up archives pile, and then allow the runner to access cards one at a time by moving them to the play area. In this case, take-backs will be allowed, though any Psi games you play on the first try will be binding. Please be aware of this as the corp and let the runner know if you think the order of access will make a difference.

(4) After the poll we conducted, we have decided not to change any of FFG’s official rules for the tournament with regard to decklist publication OR intentional match splitting. Decklists will NOT be published anywhere until the conclusion of the tournament, and players ARE COMPELLED to play out every match to the best of their ability. We will be monitoring games as best we can, and we reserve the right to disqualify any players we feel have broken the rules either during of after the conclusion of the tournament.

(5) Brackets will be posted here: http://challonge.com/StimhackSCI/, and matches will be reported here: SSCI Match Report - StimHack. We will create a thread in the Stimhack forums for the purpose of allowing players to drop from the tournament. If at any time you want to drop, please post your OCTGN username in that thread and declare that you would like to drop. I don’t have a link for you as of yet for that thread, but it will be abundantly obvious which thread it is.

Thanks everyone for your attention and good luck on Sunday!

4 Likes

Could the Leela player insist, too? Seems useful if you think you might hit an agenda and bounce an agenda on Legwork to try and steal that, too, even if it’s not a sure thing. I assume so, but wanted to clarify (though I suppose it’s largely irrelevant to me as I’ll just be watching).

2 Likes

I didn’t think it could benefit the Leela player so I didn’t mention it, but yes; either play may insist Leela’s HQ multi access be taken one at a time.

Also, I should mention that as we will be disallowing splitting, if anyone asks you for a split or insinuates that they would like to split, you can take a screetshot and report them to us. We will review those cases and disqualify players if necessary. IF YOU ARE HEADING INTO THE FINAL ROUND, PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS COLLUSION, SPLITTING, OR CONCESSION IN ANY CAPACITY WHATSOEVER WITH YOUR OPPONENT. Any discussion could be construed as an offer to split or a preface to such an offer and could put your tournament life in jeopardy. Slightly over fifty percent over players polled said they did not think splitting should be legal, so you should not assume that your opponent is likely to want to split, rather, you should assume that they might take your offer as cheating, report you, and take their free win and spot in the top 16. ALL MATCHES MUST BE PLAYED OUT.

I apologize to anyone who wanted splitting to be allowed. As someone who did want it legal for this tournament and for tournaments in general, I sympathize, but I am going with the majority of the players on this one and we will enforce the rule as best as we can.

5 Likes

Because timezones, countdown to decklist submission deadline:

8 Likes

MATS IS IN

13 Likes

Man that thing is ugly. Doesn’t stop me from wanting one, though!

I think it’s beautiful :smile:

3 Likes

Got a problem here: i’m trying to submit decks for saturday but clicking the link SSCI Decklist Submission - StimHack takes me to the page with “Your submission was received. Thank you!” text. Something wrong on my end?

Same here. What up @mediohxcore @SneakySly

Weird. I am not able to reproduce that at all.

What happens if you go to the link in incognito mode?

It works in incognito mode.

Fucking form maker is out to make my life miserable.

All I wanted was some fucking forms.

Also works in incognito, but once I submit, nothing happens, the page just refreshes with empty forms.

Can you check if my decklist is submitted? (Octgn name Maert)