Surfer, Dude!

Yeah, stealth Kit with Surfer might be good; it sounds super annoying for the corp! I wanted to focus more on the novelty of no-breaker surfer in this build.

1 Like

does using surfer count as “passing a piece of unrezzed ice”? terrible false echo combos in mind.

I don’t think so. Just passed means: encounter with it just ended. Swapping yourself forward changes your position. You’d be past the ice without passing it. O_o

Should Career fair be multithreader #3? Free inside jobs seem good.

Surfer is I think my favorite card from SanSan.

Fixed that for me :wink:

I’m not sure. It says you’re continuing from the new position, so it would depend on whether that accounts for previous positions.

Isn’t the window to use it before you start breaking the subs? 3.1? The passing a bit of ice trigger is then between 3 and 4 or 3 and 2.

Very quickly threw together surfin’ studyin’ kit: Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB

Interested to see how this develops and if we’ve got a legit breakerless deck!

I think it’s a mistake in Shaper to not run tinkering, even or especially out of Kit with surfer. Just for that turn where you can and need to. Also, not loving study guide with multithreader. Its just too slow and makes those early tollbooths too hard.

I think it’s a mistake in Shaper to not run tinkering, even or especially out of Kit with surfer. Just for that turn where you can and need to. Also, not loving study guide with multithreader. Its just too slow and makes those early tollbooths too hard.

Yeah, in past experiments with Kit I’ve always found Paintbrush too slow and the rezzed requirement too onerous. Tinkering pulls double duty here as it gives something barrier AND code gate. And I wanted to go the refractor route, but I’m not sure how I’m going to squeeze in all the stealth ‘infrastructure’ I need. I’ll do some fiddling and see what I can make of it. One of my friends is an amazing Kit player, sure he can give me some pointers!

1 Like

I am gonna make and stream a Surfer list tonight with Kit. I got big ideas, but I havent put it on paper yet.

But every time I get excited about a silly Shaper list, I tend to do okay with it at least :1234:

Check the stream thread here for info about it.

2 Likes

Needs multiaccess (that Knifed can go), but here’s my starting point. I’m guessing the Cy-Cy’s should be R&D interfaces. Technical writers might also be better off as just armitage or something else.

New Runner Deck

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (9)

Hardware (10)

Resource (10)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (9)

10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Pass 2 for multi access…

New Runner Deck

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (9)

Hardware (13)

Resource (10)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (7)

10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Yeah, this is nice. Technical Writer seems good, but I can’t help but think Ghost Runner would be a little better (worst case it’s a Mopus click?). Sahasrara feels like a nice one that can be later ditched for a Multithreader (modded into multithreader feels nice too…).

Maybe a couple of Legwork over a Multithreader and the Knifed? EDIT: You ninjad me on this one, though you’ve gone for the HQI over Legwork :smile:

I think I like HQ interface more than legwork. I think this is the kind of deck that can pressure almost every turn, but doesn’t want to maintain the credit lead for burst multi access. Drop the interface and have each run be slightly worse.

Ghost runner is probably the better call though. Just in case you haven’t seen your other stealth stuff. Also, think I like the idea of escher in this deck more than others. Make the remote or R&D all barriers->Laugh.

I tried this exact same deal out of Quetzal in the playtest group, and it’s definitely better in Shaper. As great as Knifed is with Quetz/E3/Brush, the memory and rig assembly are just much more natural to a big multi part combo rig like this. No diesel/Qt seems a little crazy, but the idea is right for a first draft.

1 Like

I feel like what is being built towards is a Shaper deck that has lovely early aggro with Refractor+stealth support (why I think 3 Ghost Runner is key) but then doesn’t suffer in the late game by stacked ice taxing stealth creds or lady counters. In fact, that late game with deep stacks of ice we come into our own, surfing through the thick glaciers for very little ‘real money’ to keep HQ clear and RnD locked.

What do you drop to get Diesel/QT. You could go down to 2 refractor. Maybe only 2 ghost runner instead of ghost writer. The other flex slots are tinkering/escher or you have to start cutting into stealth support/economy. This deck looks hard to build, but for the first time I don’t think 10 influence is hurting a Kit deck. I think slots are the only thing hurting it.

Three points.

1. Isn’t the best strategy as Corp against this to destroy rather than rez ICE in response to FAO? What do you do against that?

2. Testing Ground to the rescue!

3. Might want a Parasite in that build, as Chimera is a pain vs. Paintbrush (especially out of RP)

If they destroy the ice, you can paintbrush the next piece or just make a run if it’s open or a barrier. If they try to stack multiple unrezzed ice on the same server, you can go to a different server, make them rez it all, or Forged Activation multiple times.

It’s hilarious that Testing Ground is actually great against this surfer deck XD

Good idea, it’s already in-faction!

1 Like

You could also try Recon. If they don’t rez or if they rez a barrier then you at least get your run on.

2 Likes

Good deck. I like how we all had to read surfer when we saw the decklist.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious, it has over 120 views :stuck_out_tongue:

Good god, you can use it multiple times during a run, you just need one barrier. This is why we run Caprice Nisei

1 Like