Take your cards...Throw em on the ground - Skorpios RFG

TAKE YOUR CARDS…THROW EM ON THE GROUND

Skorpios Defense Systems: Persuasive Power (Terminal Directive)

Agenda (10)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]●●[/color]
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]

Upgrade (4)
2x Bryan Stinson i[/i]
2x Prisec (Blood Money)

Operation (18)
2x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
2x BOOM! i[/i]
2x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
1x Hard-Hitting News (23 Seconds) [color=#FF8C00]●●[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
1x Hunter Seeker (Terminal Directive)
1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof) [color=#FF8C00]●●●●[/color]
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (6)
3x Spiderweb (The Underway)
3x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (4)
2x Aiki (Blood Money) [color=#DC143C]●●●●[/color]
2x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (4)
1x Cobra (Salsette Island)
1x Colossus (Terminal Directive)
1x Tribunal i[/i]
1x Veritas i[/i]
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

so Housekeeping is a damn fine card for Skorpios. If for nothing else than adding a significant mental burden to the runner. Please decide which card you need to install and which one you can live with never seeing again.

this deck is a standard weyland rush / kill with the skorpios effect to punish people for running to fast or too recklessly. They have to wade through mud to get set up and a single mistake can take away a key tool forever.

Rigshooter Skorpios

Agenda (10)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]●●[/color]
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]●●●[/color]

Upgrade (4)
2x Bryan Stinson i[/i]
2x Marcus Batty (The Underway) [color=#DC143C]●●●●● ●[/color]

Operation (18)
2x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
1x BOOM! i[/i]
2x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
2x Friends in High Places (Martial Law) [color=#8A2BE2]●●[/color]
1x Hard-Hitting News (23 Seconds) [color=#FF8C00]●●[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
2x Hunter Seeker (Terminal Directive)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (6)
3x Spiderweb (The Underway)
3x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (3)
3x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (5)
1x Archer (Core Set)
2x Cobra (Salsette Island)
2x Sapper (Martial Law)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 40)

What about Underway Renovation? O:-)

9 Likes

3 Likes

“The Special Hell.”

4 Likes

I like the cut of your jib.

1 Like

I’ve been testing Skorp this week in anticipation of TDs drop, and so far it’s hilarious. People are going to have to start either running 2-3 copies of each breaker (+ maybe an AI) or splashing for 3x SacCon or something, because the lockout is super real. In my original deck I had 1x Midseason, 1x Boom and 2x Consulting, but after a few games I dropped the kill package entirely in favor of more card trashing/lockout strats. Here’s where I ended up for now.

Batty Skorp

Agenda (10)

Asset (4)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (14)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (5)

18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)

I think running less than 3x Hunter-Seeker is insane, as the card itself is no less than insane. I almost don’t even care about Jackson, because if I get flooded there’s a good chance that I can just lock them out of the ICE in front of HQ. Right now I’m also running an Archived for Batty/Hunter-Seeker reccursion. It could be a couple Friends instead, but that doesn’t hit Hunter-Seeker, and I kinda like having access to more of those.

Obviously I’m going in on the Batty shenanigans, because the ID practically reads “Batty poor motherfuckers and RFG their programs,” and gosh if that doesn’t seem like a good idea. Yesterday there was a fun situation where I RFG’d their killer (Switchblade) with Batty before they hit the Sapper, then killed a Cloak with the Sapper. I could have kept them out of my remote at that point by rezzing my third ICE, but I instead let them in to steal the agenda so I could Hunter-Seeker on my turn and RFG Corroder as well. It was a standard Smoke deck, so they weren’t running more than 1x of each breaker. At that point they were done.

I really, really like Snare! in this ID as well. It’s kinda standard in rushier Weyland anyhow, but it gives more triggers for Skorp’s ID power. Plus, it gives the runner a shitty forked decision. Do I install Corroder from hand before my run and possibly lose it to a Sapper in R&D, or do I leave it in my hand and possibly lose it to a Snare! in R&D? I’m fine with these questions having no good answer. Even if that answer is “I’ll do nothing until my Killer arrives,” that just means they’re going slow and giving me more time to get a Hunter-Seeker for their Killer when it shows up. Housekeeping is there for similar reasons: get them to slow tf down while I rush out. It’s also nice to have counter-currents.

Generally, I like RFGing their Killers first. Each of my Sentries has Trash a Program sub, so once the Killer is out of the way, they can’t really run any more without also wrecking their other programs.

There’s not a super lot of TD things I really want to run in the deck, other than the ID and Hunter-Seeker, but I’m testing a 1-of Hortum, which is usually pretty okay. It has the most ridiculous sub ever if you can somehow get them to run into it with 3 advancements, but that’s never, ever going to happen in this deck, so I don’t advance it. It’s just basically a slightly more taxing Code Gate, but one with a hard ETR (unlike Mos). The one I really like is IPO. It’s nice having basically 2 Restructure cards for the time being, so where I would normally be running something shitty like Beanstalk, I now get to run 2x IPO instead.

6 Likes

Any suggestions for the best Skorpio deck to build for the TD release event / campaign? You only get 1 core and TD. I actually don’t know which cards are available as 2xs and 3xs in a single core, anyone have a list of those?

Besides being able to look at the dots on the cards in NRDB, here’s the notable ones for Weyland:

3x Hostile Takeover
3x Ice Wall
3x Shadow
3x Beanstalk Royalties

2x Archer
2x Scorched Earth
2x Hadrian’s Wall
2x Shipment from Kaguya

Most everything else you care about is 3x… Rototurret is only 2x, though.

I’ve played 10-ish games vs Skorpio on JNET and it’s the ultimate rush-rigshooter id.
That said, 2 copies of each breaker, some bluffing and film critic are really easy counters to it

I like it, but Snare seems like it is a lot of Influence for random thrashing. I also think doubling down on the rigshooting with the 3rd Batty and some amounts of FiHP, Interns, and/or Arc Lockdown might be better.

I know Arc seems like a waste in Skorp, but it’s getting mighty popular to run Frantic with Heap breakers and that can overwhelm the ID ability. You’re getting more surefire removal with Arc.

Housekeeping is brilliant, FYI (Edit: I realised Code Marvelous had House in the original post… Still brilliant).

Have you tried Shock as an alternative to snare? Or is the flatline potential and more targets that on point?

Breached Dome sounds pretty gross when it does drop.

Eh, shock just hits 1 card and snare hits 3. They’re both the same influence. I haven’t had issues paying for Snare yet, which is the real deciding factor. I haven’t tested it, no, but I haven’t felt the need to, either.

@Orbital_Tangent
Yeah, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t go in for the third Batty as well, but I’m looking this build so much that I think I’ll keep at it until something really forces me to change it. I haven’t run into many Frantic Coding decks that have been an issue yet, but I’ll have to see, I guess. It could definitely be an issue, in which case is probably drop a Snare and the Archived and go to third Batty and the Arc Lockdown. Maybe find a slot for a singleton Consulting Visit to act as a second copy (or a HuntSeek tutor).

@StephenE
Here’s what I got for the campaign. Obviously with no Batty it’s not going to be as strong, but hey, neither are the runners. From what I hear there’s going to be a small pack of campaign only cards that you’ll crack before starting, so I’ll just wing it when it comes to those and make the choices on the fly.

Launch Day Skorpio

Agenda (10)

Asset (3)

• 3x Snare! (Core Set) ●●●●● ●

Upgrade (2)

Operation (16)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (5)

44 cards (min 40)

Only 2 Scorches in the core kinda sucks, but whatcha gonna do. Maybe you can get lucky and tutor them with Graft. Not sure if TB should just be a Data Raven instead? I’m gonna give it a go with this list, I think.

1 Like

Two questions:

does the use this ability only once per turn apply to the remove from game effect or from the whole text - i.e. If I elect not to have the runner remove the trashed card from the game, do I lose access to the effect for the rest of my turn?

Will this make scavenge unplayable?

I wouldn’t play it against skorpios. But whether that makes it unplayable in general depends on how popular and powerful skorpios is. If it’s rare, it’s not a huge deal to have a dead card in that one matchup. Not that people play scavenge that much as it is

1 Like

Well, get ready. Big Boy posted up a Frantic Opus deck that’s pretty solid. And you know people love his decks. Frantic overwhelms Skorp by dumping several high value targets in the Heap all at once.

Even without Frantic, though, I think it is possible to play around the Skorp ability when you’re prepared. So, I think the rigshooting strategy wants Arc just because it is a more targeted piece of removal and less dependant on mistakes or RNG.

Corps get 3 2-point agendas for campaign play. So u need 3 cards and 6AP less when building ur deck.
Runners get 3 resources, so they can also go thre cards under limit.

2 Likes

You have a good point. If people take his recommend changes to his deck against Skorpio, I’d need to RFG 4 breakers to be completely safe (3x eater + 1 whatever). That’s a lot to ask, and Ark helps solve that by a good deal, especially with a Consulting to help find it. I really, really like 3x Snare, but Ark and Batty are probably better for winning the game vs this. Thanks for the suggestions! =D

This is my current Skorpios.

S-Mart

Agenda (10)

Asset (2)

Upgrade (3)

• 3x Marcus Batty (The Underway) ●●●●● ●●●●

Operation (16)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (5)

44 cards (min 40)

Basically, this is all-in on the Batty/Seeker plan and does away with any of the stuff that does random damage so that it can forcus on targeted removal.

Consulting/Ark are here exactly for that. Since one of the ways that Skorp can be played around is dumping lots of cards all at once. You trash the highest calue target w/Skorp, then Ark the next highest if necessary.

Jackson is 2x because I think that’s OK for a 44 card Corp and we need the Influence, but I hate going less than that. Call me old fashioned, but I like my security blanket. And I like the recursion so much, I go a virtual 3x with Preemptive.

That’s kinda the thing with Jack here – Even if we don’t use him for agenda cycling, we can use him to put back things we want to use over again. Like Consulting or Ark primarily, but also things like Batty and econ.

Dropping Jack 3 allows for Friends, which gives more instant Batty and Sapper recursion so we can set up the trash plan. Bonus points: It is tutorable. Install Agenda > Visit for Friends > Batty/Sapper.

ICE is almost all gearcheck ETR or Trash a Program for Batty. Special callout being Changling for providing a hard Sentry ETR – You want to be flexible because you never know which breakers you can fully remove.

2 Likes