Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Yeah I’m gonna assume that the version spoiled through the FFG site what it ended up as. The video was probably filmed back around Worlds.

1 Like

I think he says at the start of the video that they’d “just announced” it so makes sense

Anyone translate the Greek on Adept? I do like these Sage style breakers, even if they’re not that great overall.

I think 7 and 5 make sense though. The general consensus was that 6 and 4 was quite weak. Still can’t accelerate drawing of those cards, but if this is what it’ll end up as, I’m much more excited. :slight_smile:

From the reddit thread when Adept was first spoiled:

Μεγάλο μέρος της μάθησης δεν διδάσκει την κατανόηση

Great/much learning does not teach comprehension

I modified the simulation I made up-thread for a couple of scenarios, out of curiosity.

bios64 and bios75 assume that NVRAM stuff only happens on the first draw, bios64d and bios75d assume that you get to do NVRAM stuff on both your first draw and mulligan (unlikely, but I can dream!). Odds of finding at least one copy of a 3x in your opening + mulligan + NVRAM:

45-card 0.5161
40-card 0.5609
bios64  0.7115
bios75  0.7397
andy    0.7472
bios64d 0.8312
bios75d 0.8655

7+5 for NVRAM is better for sure, but it’s not BANANAS.

4 Likes

More new spoilers:
Mammon, Polyhistor, and Process Automation
http://imgur.com/a/h6rZ8

4 Likes

Card name, card art, and flavor text of the neutral event all point towards corporation, but it’s a runner card. Whaaaat

10 Likes

Polyhistor looks a bit like Fisk’s console. :stuck_out_tongue: Too bad Fisk is a 0-link-runner.

Mammon is interesting. It’s definitely going to require some planning ahead. It’s a cheap AI, but you can’t use it on the turn you install it, and it’s dangerous to use it on unknown ice (unless you just pay extra up front, just in case). That said, it sort of plays into the whole Temujin/SecTest/Masanori engine in that you plan where you intend to run ahead of time. I guess if you’re playing with expose or derez effects, they help.

5 Likes

Yeah. Wondering if someone made a screwup in production here.

That can happen if you’re not careful with automating your processes.

14 Likes

Actually, I wonder if it’s intentional. I could see, say, the runner hacking a local automated factory for their own use. Hence the use of “restructuring” in the flavour text.

1 Like

That could work. I’ve realised since my previous post that there’s zero reason for this to exist as a corp card while Green Level Clearance does, so inclined to think you’re right. They could definitely have made it more obvious if that was the intended theme, though.

I think this would make a lot more sense flavour-wise in Red Sand, where it could represent removing the corporate locks on the equipment so your clan can run the factory for their own benefit. Maybe it was conceived as a Red Sand card and got moved?

I actually like it a lot. With Sucker support, this is as close to a 1:1:1 ratio AI we’ve ever received without drawbacks (ala Eater)

I also like how the prepay subs mechanic prevents Turn 1 Siphon. That, I think, was the major problem with giving Crim a good AI.

12 Likes

Agreed. It solves one of the main problems of Faust by not letting you affordably get through a gear check turn 1, whether that’s to Siphon or to steal a rushed agenda.

As a minor side effect, with strength-changing support ('sucker, SIFR, NRE, Injection Run, etc.), it can let you safely facecheck RSVP since you don’t have to spend credits during the run to break things. Not that RSVP is played often or going to be around much longer, but if we see a similar “cannot spend credits during a run” effect, it could be relevant.

The fact that you can’t use Mammon the turn you install it is well designed. Although two influence is not much, so it might be possible to use this in Shaper with SMC - pop a SMC on the Corp’s turn, install a it for 5 creds (4 for Kate), ready to rock beginning of your turn … sounds solid, but there is no aggressive Shaper deck right now that could make use of that.

3 Likes

Very impressive deduction!

The card just got spoiled: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7ntrPBXkAEI_xr.png

2 Likes

I love that both Process Automation and Build Script are somehow both cards that exist.

5 Likes