Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

If we do the math, there are full playsets of 28 Corp cards and 25 Runner cards, as well as 4 IDs. We have now seen 10 of the 25 Runner cards, and already saw 10 of the 28 Corp cards. So, there are more than half of the cards in TD yet to be seen.

My assumption is that there will be more Runner cards that let you add or remove cards from NVRAM. I’m also really hoping that there are more Runner cards that help with economy and/or a better Shapery way of fighting asset spam approaches.

Digging the Shaper ID ability, although I’m a little bummed it doesn’t have an inherent economy discount. Hopefully they will create some cards that let you install or play cards from NVRAM at a significant discount, as well as a way to add cards to it, to create another unique Shaper economy engine.

I bet NVRAM is the Runner side name for the RFG zone and Bios is a check on the power of Scorpios. Also, instinct tells me card drawing from NVRAM isn’t random. If either are correct, she’s real good.

So, say just 1 is correct. NVRAM is RFG, but drawing is random. Worst case, you’re not locked out when they Arc RFG or Scorpios RFG your best cards. Just draw until you get what you need, losing tempo for a few clicks because it’d never really be that big of a pile. Also, recycle Levy.

Say just 2 is correct. She lets you have a solid early game because she either A) gives you the cards you want early plus a mull for an even better chance at setup, or B) stores your late game cards and gives you a draw+mull to try to get the early game cards you want.

3 Likes

Not to be Mr. Negative but she doesn’t store your late game cards or your early setup cards. She stores four cards out of six random ones. If, just as an example, you could store just two but you could choose them she would be pretty good. As it is it seems to random to be effective.

i think that’s why it’s hard to qualify yet, but because of the randomness, you don’t go into it with the expectation that it’ll store this one specific card you want late game or whatever. you just choose of the 6 cards you know that you’ll want at some point. i mean basically any time you click to draw, 4 of those draws could be a specific card you set aside for whenever you need it.

but it also thins out your deck a bit, since, if you never need those cards, you’ll never draw them during your normal action.

1 Like

Random ones, yes, but you chose when you draw. So, you draw early if you have early game cards in NVRAM and draw late if there are late game cards stored there. If you get to chose the card drawn, a mixture of both is hardly a problem and means you rarely take less than the full 4, effectively making her a 41 card deck.

1 Like

Actually, the more I think about it - unless there are other ways to interact with NVRAM that we haven’t seen yet, she seems pretty bad. Yes, you have a mini-tutor that you can use at any point in the game by spending a click, but those cards are also off limits to things like SMC or Test Run - tutors with benefits.

1 Like

I think, minimally, it’s fair to say most people who are playing Terminal Directive as a legacy game are gonna be playing Steve.

Although it could be nice to just filter some of the cards out of your deck that you don’t need for a match-up. Basically turning your 45-card deck into a 40 like a quasi-sideboard.

I think it’s probably cool enough that I’m looking to go back to Shaper now.

Like hell

7 Likes

Abagnale is the nuts. It has passports numbers and for 3 extra install cost, it works on remotes. Passport is an amazing breaker. Criminal wont even bother splashing for gordion now which releases 3 influence to be used on:

retaining temujin without major sacrifice in the event it gets mwl’d
importing all those things you wanted but could never afford the influence.

I also like the critical mass of derez, LOS could be really good in a proper denial deck.

5 Likes

BIOS works a bit differently than Andy, I am not sure it is a fair comparison. Andys ability is an early game ability, BIOS seems to be a late game ability.

I think the best use case would be to bank high-impact, late-game cards on her. Since the NVRAM setup is done before you draw your hand, you effectively have a 41 deck.These cards are also safe from damage. So you have the efficiency of CT, but have more cards in your deck. With these things in mind, she will probably be a good choice for combo-decks.

2 Likes

It is your game, you can chose whichever ID you want, even anarchs. :slight_smile:
Thematically it probably works better with the included IDs though.

BIOS seems potentially really good - how many times does Andy have to ditch cards on the first turn because you don’t get the perfect career fair / temujin / dirty laundry / run / ditch paperclip opener? How many times do you have to ditch levy because of hand size and same old thing it later, which is a huge waste of clicks?

It’s true that it is random what you see, but I’m not sure it matters. Both early game and late game cards in NVRAM will be great. For example: if you see Temujin in NVRAM, you’ll click to draw it on your first turn, then install it and run. If you see Apoc in NVRam, you’ll know it’s safely tucked away, so you can focus on building out a rig that can get through the corp’s ice. Knowing that they’re there in NVRAM is what is important.

Non-volatile random-access memory (NVRAM) is random-access memory that retains its information when power is turned off (non-volatile).

Seems like the flavour of the area is defined with Apocolypse in mind

12 Likes

If all facedown cards would be added to your NVRAM, Bios would be my favourite Apocalypse girl ever. <3 But I guess that’s not the case. Anyway, the ability is at least interesting, even if it turns out to be of mediocre power-level in the end.

BIOS seems fine if you don’t consider you could be playing other IDs instead. I think that’s her main weakness. If the plan is for new players to combine core + TD, Kate still seems to be the better pick.

Also the fact that it’s worded differently than Street Peddler for example and NVRAM is a named location, I’d assume there will be other cards that can manipulate the NVRAM.

1 Like

FFG has never in the past introduced a cool concept or evocative subtype and utterly failed to do anything with it now have they ;)?

10 Likes

But “bypass” isnt in the timing structure. It occurs when it happens and, I think, allows you to move on to approach the next piece of ice. So 2.1 never happens once you bypass at 2.0. Yes?

You can only bypass rezzed ICE with Charlatan (that’s a restriction printed on it). So at 2.0 you can not bypass, as the ICE is not rezzed. And at 2.1 the ICE is rezzed, but you’re not approaching any more.

Yes, that is what I meant. You can play your campaign however you want. No one is forcing the new IDs on you.