Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

What dr00 said. Paperclip laughs at it, but it’s good taxing ice against all the breakers we know about in this campaign. (And all the others, for that matter (edit: except Morningstar. And Spike, and…others. Hm. :/).)

2 Likes

Thinking about it a little more, I did think of one way in which Eli 2 is good - while ordinarily drawing the corp cards isn’t a big face-check penalty, he synergizes nicely with Seidr Labs, moving cards into your hand rather than on top of your deck (for when you want that) when they click through. That’s just good product design, so high-five FFG.

Overall, even if the power level of TD is a bit lower than some of the bananas stuff we got in 23S, I’m just glad to have a product I can use to get one of my gamer friends interested in the game without having to show him decks from the current meta.

12 Likes

I for one am not looking forward to the decks that are going to run the TD HB ID and Ronnie Five for HB asset spam.

Eli 2.0 seems alright. I was anticipating one of the subs being lose a click if able rather than draw. Seems alright in the TD ID and in Architects of Tomorrow.

I’m actually super curious about the release event now, since the format for deckbuilding is single core + TD only.

2 Likes

I was hoping for something a little more from Eli. He represented such a strong entity in Netrunner, with clear innate ability, but a somewhat troubled demeanor; aspiring to please “the masters”.

I would’ve played on it:

Eli 2.0

4 Rez, 7 Strength

Standard 2.0 click clause

Eli 2.0 cannot be installed in a server with other ICE unless all ICE is trashed as installing. Trash Eli when other ICE are installed in his server. This ability is even active while unrezzed.

-ETR
-ETR
-The runner must trash an installed card.

Play on the troubles of the model. Eli’s innate strength flourished with progress, but Haas-Bioroid couldn’t inhibit his desire to please the masters by keeping things out. As they worked on and refined the model, it started to obsess and shutdown absolutely everything in his presence (even things that HB wanted to keep online). His problematic behavior undoable, but, given his proven effectiveness, HB looked past it.

The above might need some editing, but the current implementation is fairly boring, and I feel like this was a missed opportunity.

Well Eli 2.0 isn’t on the MWL. So that might be an advantage over 1.0 for Hass but not the other factions.

4 Likes

Compared to the undercosted Eli 1.0 it’s not great.

Compared to spiderweb it’s pretty similar in terms of cost to subs. Also +2 strength that requires a first or second click run to get through without a breaker.

Card draw is pretty good and it adds a little face check penalty.

Not sure about this one. Probably bad until Eli rotates.

1 Like

I like Eli 2.0 more than Markus 1.0 in an HB:AoT deck. I was hoping more for something like 5 rez, 5 strength and a third sub that has a little more impact (e.g., runner trashes an installed card). But this was pretty close to what I anticipated.

2 Likes

I have so many questions regarding the event…

1.Are there any additional deck construction rules besides TD+1xCore as card pool? For example:

• Do you have to use the TD-IDs or can you use Core-IDs?
  • Are there any additional construction requirements?
  • The directive cards seem to imply mandatory agendas “Evidence Collection”. Are these always in addition to you normal deck or can you get screwed by mandatory changes to your deck?

2.Approximately how long will this event be? Equivalent to a 3 round swiss tournament? (Probably not.) 4 rounds? 5 rounds? More? Is it flexible? (Unlikely due to the legacy playstile.)

3.Will you play one side during the whole event? Or switch around?

I hope some of these (and other) questions will be answered by FFG before the events. Otherwise I predict chaos.

Most of these are covered.

1. The event is only TD ids.
    Not that I see. Core + TD only.
    Unique deck construction rules. Games start smaller and shorter.

2. 4 games as runner, 4 as corp. Games will be slightly shorter due to different deck construction rules.

3. 4 “matches” so about a normal tournament.

1 Like

Ok, I did only read this news, not this one.

With the need for deck building at the start and between rounds I guess the event will go longer than a standard 4 rounds tournament. Probably closer to a 5 round tournament.

Another question would be whether the MWL applies.

I doubt it, but it might be.

Mwl should apply. Mwl is for organized events, which this is.

No, MWL is for tournaments, which this isn’t.

I think it probably isn’t needed with the very limited card pool. Desperado & SanSan are one-ofs, Parasite won’t have Clone Chip or SMC, Wyldside won’t have Adjusted Chronotype, and Breaking News isn’t allowed because you can’t play NBN. That leaves Yog.0, and I think both players being able to tweak their decks between games will keep it from really ruining anyone’s day.

And I think they’d want to avoid the complication at an event where players are building and tweaking decks and may not have access to an online deckbuilder. Especially since the product being released is largely aimed at new & casual players.

7 Likes

Exactly.

And its not like this is a truly competitive organized event. There are achievements to earn which dictate prize support!

Is this 4-4 game length for the event only, or is it the regular game length for the campaign?

The event. They’ve said that the campaign length depends on how many campaign-y things the players manage to do each game.

I would have played this:

5 Rez, 4 Str

Standard 2.0 click clause

• The Corp may draw a card
  • ETR
  • ETR
  • The Corp may gain 1c

I think the rez cost of the actual Eli 2.0 should be 4.66.

There IMO, you’ve got a 5c rez. Papercliping it for 3c gives you either a card or a credit (runner choice, but validated by corp’s will), bumping it is the same and I think this is nice.

1 Like

SlimSlack had this, I’m not sure where it’s from:

But I don’t think I’ve seen it before.

EDIT: It’s from FFG’s Twitter:

1 Like

Laguna seems cool
Ubax seems bad when Astrolabe exists

i think i’ll be glad to see either in the TD campaign though. they look fun.