Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Oooo! This is pretty neat! Has a lot of great applications right away. Probably better than most +MU cards too.

Since that spoiler of KP Lynn is old, I hope she at least hasn’t been nerfed too much since then… she seems pretty good.

Dhegdheer seems like a good substitute for Akametsu Mem Chip. The disadvantage is that it works best when you get this out before a larger program, although you could host any program on it (e.g., icebreaker) and save money down the road. But I think it would work best for hosting programs that are repeatedly installed (e.g., Chameleon) or only temporarily installed until used/removed (Cache, Hyperdriver).

This could play a good supplemental role for economy engines using Cache + Aesop’s as an alternative to Scheherazade (I never know how to spell that card off the top of my head) without costing influence, with the downside that it can only host one at a time.

I have toyed around with a Shaper “toolbox” style deck using all sorts of utility programs for support, and running a full rig of icebreakers + 3 Leprechauns with Paricia, Hyperdriver, Misdirection, Magnum Opus, and programs like Sahasrara. In those types of decks, I think Leprechaun is subjectively better because it gives you more potential MU with fewer deck slots. However, Dhegdheer could find a good home in a “toolbox lite” rig running icebreakers, MOpus, and a few utility programs.

What’s really nice about Dhegdheer is that it’s 0 MU. Once really annoying thing about Leprechaun was finding it after MU was maxed out. I think my go to MU solution in Shaper will be Astrolabe, then some amount of Dhegdheer (and 3 Hyperdrivers).

In the general case, Akamatsu is better than Dhegdheer. The 1 credit you save down the road on install is counter-balanced by the up front cost being 2 instead of 1, Dhegdheer requires order-of-installation, Dhegdheer is a program (easier to trash), and Dhegdheer hosts a program (lose more if it’s trashed).

Dhegdheer is only playable over Akamatsu if you are using >1 memory programs, and require significant memory. Alternatively, if the programs are transient and you can capitalize on the cost reduction multiple times.

You can also tutor for Dhegdeer, though, unlike Akamatsu, which kind of negates the order of installation problem a little. I’m not too sure if that makes it better, or if you’d want to be spending that tutoring on Dhegdeer over more useful programs, but it’s something to consider

4 Likes

Now that you mention it, Bios’s ability certainly helps with that too. Perhaps less interestingly, so does Customized Secretary. And if you draw the Secretary once you already have your Dhegdheers out, you can install it onto Dhegdheer and overwrite CS with its last install to double up on the discount.

3 Likes

Fair points. I did neglect in the analysis that it’s easier to find and install programs than it is for hardware. Still, I think if I was running a deck that required extra memory for 1 MU things (say, a Cloak + Stealth breaker deck), I’d go to Akamatsu before this. When you’re factoring in things like Hyperdriver/Adept/MO, this becomes more worthy of consideration.

SMC is another (highly utilized) >1 MU candidate, which pushes this more in Dhegdheer’s favor, but it doesn’t really capitalize on the installation clause (though I’d prefer 2 cost for +2 relative MU over 1 cost for +1 MU).

Installation order only matters if you want something like an early Opus right? If you just need 1 random extra MU its the same either way - you can’t install your 5th MU program before installing akamatsu either. Of course, you’re not getting much additional benefit out of Dhegdheer in that case, but at least you can SMC for your last program if necessary.

I think it will be nice for decks wanting a single Opus as backup econ rather than the primary plan. It also makes it a lot more appealing to run Hyperdriver for setup tempo in “good stuff” decks by giving you the option to also play them for late game power turns if you end up drawing breakers before the hyperdrivers.

2 Likes

Huh. I didn’t notice Dhegdheer was 0MU. That makes it significantly better than I initially thought.

Kate might like it for the utility program hosting, and the fact that it doubles down on her discount.

Come to think of it… A fluid CyCy/Lady rig with Dhegdheer and Scavenge seems like it could be good. CyCy is free if first Kate install, and Lady is 1c. Then recycle for free with Scavenge, installing off Dhegdheer.

Hmm… Is it sad I already have a name for this deck: “You Like Dhegs?”

4 Likes

I think the core condition of all netrunner players, at a certain stage, is to be too excited about naming decks. I played a stimshop deck for far too long because I loved the deck name, “My Whole Deck Smell Like a Stimshop Class”. It’s a universal issue.

2 Likes

Back when the deck names for Reina decks were all WWE-themed (e.g. Macho Man Reina Savage), I tried so hard to build a deck I could call Can You Smell What the Rook is Cookin’. I spent too much time on the deck and as a result am a much worse player.

12 Likes

Comet comment

3 Likes

doing g00ru’s work, son. thanks for the info breakdown

1 Like

Dean Lister Spoiler’d

Sorta Hard to see:

Neutral Unique Connection, 2 Install cost
[Trash Icon] Choose an icebreaker, until the end of the run, that icebreaker has +1 strength for each card in your grip.

Unknown influence.

3 Likes

that’s pretty cool. seems potentially bananas with faust / obelus, but that was already pretty bananas.

Off-campus geist is always happy to see a connection with a trash can!

Can you trash it when you’re not on a run? WHO KNOWS?!?! Templating is for chumps!

1 Like

I think it’s zero influence. The influence bar smear looks to me like it has five dark spots and zero blue spots.

Speaking of Geist, does the card he gains from his ability affect the strength granted to the icebreaker?

It looks like it creates an effect that’s constant - so it’s a big rubbish with Faust. I’ve been wrong about netrunner rules many times before.

It does seem like a constant effect, but it’s unclear to me if it’s constantly applying an increase based on how many cards you had when you trashed it or constantly checking how many cards you have and then applying an increase of that amount. I think maybe it’s the second, but I could definitely be wrong.

Rules are hard.

1 Like