Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Now that everything’s been spoiled, I think I really like Biometric Spoofing for this purpose. One is just barely good enough to save you from one Boom! if you keep your hand full, which means it’s probably sufficient but leaves lots of design space for damage prevention cards in data packs. And although there’s often no need to have brain or net damage prevention, there are occasional questions on Reddit from newbies who don’t know that and are quite worried about how they’ll fit prevention for all three damage types in their deck, so I think giving them a card that lets them do that will make deckbuilding less daunting for them. They can move on to more specialized damage prevention when they’re more comfortable with the idea.

I don’t see a good, obvious option for dealing with agenda flood, though. I suppose I should have expected that, given how often Damon has said that he thinks it can generally be played around.

Isn’t Whampoa in TD? That’s as good an answer to agenda flood as Jackson.*

* - not saying the card is as good as Jackson. But it covers flood.

EDIT: turns out I’m wrong that’s in the cycle. Hmmmm dunno.

I was just wondering what people thought about IPO as a straight swap for Restructure. I know Restructure is rotating in a few months time along with other good econ operations (like Celebrity Gift for RP/Palana, Sweeps Week for Yellow) and IPO will not rotate.

I can see some fringe cases where you want to money up big before doing something else - Midseasons being the big one. Another argument for Restructure is the combination with Bryan Stinson - getting the extra 2 credits can be nice (but I see those decks will probably play both IPO and Restructure though).

It does stop you from playing two in the same turn but I do not think holding the second one off until the next turn would affect things too much.

The biggest and most obvious advantage of IPO is you only need 8 credits to play it. So many times I get Restructure in my opening hand and it can be a hurdle trying to get up to that 10 credits to play it. But with IPO you can ICE, ICE, credit first turn. Then second turn credit, credit, IPO. It just speeds up your early game so much and this play completely outweighs any drawback I can think of.

Can anyone think of any other reason to play Restructure over IPO while both exist?

1 Like

Stinson

Friends? (I guess other Terminal ops are just a special case of wanting to money up big first.)
Conversely, Hedge Fund into IPO is probably pretty satisfying.

they’re both great money. i like IPO > Restructure because getting to 8 to play IPO is a bit easier than getting to 10 for Restructure, but IPO makes it easier to play Restructure, so if you have the card slots, i’d highly suggest it (obviously not on the same turn, however)

What do you guys thinking of K.P Lynn and Mr. Stone? Had any luck with them yet?

i was thinking about trying out this combo

i think you also need to lean hard into Hunter and/or Data Raven to force tags at other times to encourage the runner to go and trash it (and thus, take the tag and damage)

otherwise they can just ignore it for the most part

The latest in why Terminal Directive was poorly thought-out: turns out the rules say that searches are mandatory if you can find with them, and Hortum doesn’t say “may”, so you could theoretically deck your opponent by slamming into a triple-advanced Hortum over and over while they’re low on cards.

It does, however, say “up to 2 cards.”

I would assume that you could search for 0 cards.

6 Likes

It does? Then I definitely conned my way into winning a game I should have lost. :unamused:

1 Like

It doesn’t say that shuffling R&D is optional though. Faceplanting advanced hortums seems pretty amazing with medium.

4 Likes

To let the shuffle happen you do need to ETR though. Good for big digs, but not useful until it’s got a few tokens on it.

2 Likes

When I read the flavor of both cards I think The same artwork with different artists is not by accident but rather intentionally

3 Likes

That’s outstanding. It seems a little far fetched, but I don’t even care. I will fight anyone who says this isn’t a next-level Deja Vu/Forger gag.

1 Like

Whats the Deja Vu/Forger Gag?
I do know that Deju Vu and The Twins have the same flavour text, which is great.

I think it’s two separate examples. The Forger gag is that it’s not unique (like every other Console is) because of flavor reasons.

Not sure about Deja Vu, expect for the The Twins flavor text you mentioned.

Yeah, exactly. (A third example I considered lumping in there was Curtain Wall’s fourth-wall-breaking flavor text.)

1 Like

Anyone have an unopened set of both corp/runner “do not open” cards? My wife and I want to run through this again. Happy to send payment via Paypal.