The Geist Zeitgeist

Not every deck has been weakened. This deck has lost practically nothing.

1 Like

You taking out the Femme or the Yog?

You’d remove Yog since it’s only there for Turing on HQ. DDOS+Siphon, Femme and weaker Corp would make up the difference.

I don’t see how you can not play Street Peddler now. At 1 inf it’s the best of every other option.

Which influence changes? Anybody has a link?

Stimhack thread with the source link at the top.

Edit: I should read my fancy preview pane before I post!

I think it’s hard to play Street Peddlers without Clone Chips. And I love Street Peddler. Some type of Cloud Recusion in Mumbad would be a god send.

Thanks man.

I’ve been using Forgers with Geist and it works fine with the Cloud and Central only Crim breakers to back it up. Your influence can still be 2x Chips, Levy, 3x peddlers, and 3 influence for whatever you want for R&D dig.

2 Likes

I did that for awhile and I liked it. Right now, though, I’m trying out Drug Dealer + Faust Geist if only because:

1. Not playing Faust right now seems wrong.
  2. Drug Dealer can easily be supported by Sec Testing. With Faust this basically means you can trade cards for credits, if need be.

We can then support Faust through the B&E breakers + Crescentus.

I’m going to try this and see what happens. Obviously this would be better with Desperado, but I don’t really want to cut Indexing as it’s the only real R&D pressure in the deck. If I had to add a card or two, it would definitely be E3s because those extend the life of your Faust, and Dyson just to ensure program space.

MOST WANTED: Faust Geist

Armand “Geist” Walker: Tech Lord

Event (14)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Easy Mark
1x Indexing •••
1x Legwork
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
2x Special Order

Hardware (5)
2x Clone Chip ••••
3x Doppelgänger

Resource (12)
3x Bank Job
3x Drug Dealer
1x Film Critic •
3x Same Old Thing
2x Security Testing

Icebreaker (10)
3x Crowbar
1x Faust ••
3x Shiv
3x Spike

Program (4)
3x Crescentus
1x Savoir-faire

13 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

I took a MWL Geist to a small GNK (5 rounds of Swiss and 19 players). It wasn’t MWL legal, but many of us made a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ to limit ourselves as such, to help testing. I also took a MWL legal Foodcoats deck. It went 5-0. Geist went 4-1, and I won. My list is below.

I got slightly lucky wins against two NEH Fastro decks - one obeying MWL, one not. I think the deck is better against Fastro than is immediately obvious. I wouldn’t say it’s favoured, but it’s okay.

I beat a non-MWL Foodcoats deck (the usual way: win the psi-game), and lost to a MWL Foodcoats (Troubleshooter a Next Bronze up to 16 strength will, indeed, keep me out). I also made mistakes - running to pressure fruitlessly let Next Silver have two many subs to sensibly attack R&D, and then I was locked out by upgrades everywhere. (The game I haven’t mentioned was round two against MN Tracers, which got Siphoned/Maker’s Eye’d into the ground. I dropped the Data Raven tag with Forger, to steal a Quantum Predictive Model, which felt nice.

The deck has obvious problems and improvements after playing:

I think the Data Folding should probably be Technical Writers, but I’m not sure. The Security Chips were…okay. I liked them for the security when running Mimic, and they help Inti out too.

Fall Guy was for stacking against kill decks (two, a Forger and 5 cards saves you from double Scorch). It also lets you float tags with resources, though I often did that without Fall Guy, and pressured/broke corps (NEH in particular) were in no hurry to trash them.

In Mumbad, Tech Trader will provide an insane lategame and should probably replace those Technical Writers or Daily Casts (I’m not sure which). It isn’t Tier 1 now, but it might be post-Business First.

Mr Li was excellent if you know you need to be build. I should have a Sneakdoor. Passport of course meant remote code-gates were a problem, but that’s life as a Criminal. Deal with it. Treasure those Crowbars (don’t be cavalier like me), and judge your runs. Play Netrunner. Call the bluffs from agendas and win psi-games.

Armand “Geist” Walker: Tech Lord (The Underway)

Event (9)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
1x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set) ••••
1x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)

Hardware (6)
3x Forger (The Underway)
3x Security Chip (Data and Destiny) •••

Resource (18)
3x Bank Job (Core Set)
1x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Fall Guy (Double Time)
3x Data Folding (Order and Chaos)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway) •••

Icebreaker (12)
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Inti (Creation and Control) •
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
3x Spike (The Valley)
3x Crowbar (Chrome City)
3x Shiv (The Underway)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

4 Likes

Sneakdoor will be a must come MWL, the rise of RP. Need to get that Caprice off HQ.

Nice job! I really want to Geist come SCs, hence the search for optimal Geist. Faust is good, and a nice supplement to B&E.

@Dragar, were you floating tags? Guessing not, based on the amount of Resources you’re running.

1 Like

Sometimes. It depended on how broke the corp was, and if I have a Fall Guy lying around. I normally cleared them, but spent the back end of at least one Foodcoats game tagged and my opponent was too pressured to trash resources.

Most NEH games I went tag-me and didn’t play many long term resources (if I started with a Data Folding or Mr Li I’d usually play it). There was no time or money for trashing them, as they both went hell-for-leather Biotic scoring Astro, and I had sufficient burst from Bank Job to trash Pad. Pop-Up on R&D doesn’t help as much when you pound with Maker’s Eye.

Regarding RP, Sneakdoor through Crick makes me sad.

It’s why my PopUps became Special Orders since D&D hit.

1 Like

I finished second, tied for first, using the same decks as the previous tournament. I’m very happy because I beat a lot of strong players and my only loss was against a Foodcoats that rushed behind a NEXT Bronze I couldn’t break and a Caprice.

3 Likes

Damn, that’s smart! Nice call!

1 Like

doesn’t security chip only work on cloud breakers?

Security Chip:

"Choose an icebreaker (or any number of cloud icebreakers). "

1 Like

well ill be.

2 Likes

Little play-testing note: Savoir-Faire is actually kind of hilarious with Geist because it can allow you to drop Crescentus/w/e after you get it with a Geist pull.

Doppelganger is ok. Doubling up Sec Testing/Bank Job-ing/Account Siphon/Indexing on one click is kind of nice, especially with Faust because he makes it so easy. Forger is probably better once Tech Trader drops (assuming the text is as guessed) if only because it turns on the cloud.

Having Geist draw power fuel Faust mid-run feels really good.

With Clone Chip and SMC costing the same influence now, I wonder if it’s better to play SMCs?

I’m not sure if Indexing is better than Maker’s Eye, but I like being able to pick the steal. Having to be aggressive against Jackson kind of sucks, but I think that’s overall to the runner’s advantage anyway.

Anyway, still testing stuff out. Hopefully Mumbad actually comes out soon so we can play around with that stuff.