The Geist Zeitgeist

Let’s talk about CBI Raid for a second here. What, exactly, does this do other than buy you a turn or so to durdle and/or attempt to build board position in?

What other cards are we looking for in that window that will help us once the corp has durdled a bit and build board position themselves?

4 Likes

I was initially really excited at the this idea, but unless you have some good way of getting Rebirth (see Logos) then Andy Rebirth Gabe or Leela is probably better.

1 Like

Eh… Play Bank Job, run, click click… that’s 4 clicks for 8 credits. It’s Day Job good. That’s…okay, I guess.

2 Likes

Fair enough. But then mid to late game it can turn back on, because you often have lots of B&E breakers and don’t mind using one on the run, especially if you have a bunch of tech traders. So bank job is 2 clicks+a crowbar for 10 credits and a card, say. Sometimes I find I actually want to cycle my breakers for money and cards, and a bank job run could add value in that situation.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see how Bank Job can work here. Ultimately you need to get good value out of your runs as Geist, and a big pile of money at the end is one way to do it.

I’m not sure if it’s enough to deal with the asset spam.

1 Like

The interesting thing about Forger is it’s the only console you can reliably run alongside other ones, since it’s disposable. So if you did pack a one-of Turntable, you could pop Forger to draw a card before installing it.

That said, influence is rough. Cutting a Zu or Corroder could do it but that feels like it hurts more than helps.

1 Like

Still have to play stuff to clear a tag or avoid one, so you can use its trash ability though

1 Like

Unfortunately, you can’t trigger the forger trash ability unless you are tagged (or about to be tagged). You aren’t allowed to use the ability if it wouldn’t do anything. Of course, if you run account siphon you can tag yourself to let you trash forger, but that’s a bit more work.

edit: ninja’d

Seems like CBI Raid would be good for buying Geist a bit more time to set up against fast decks. But since he becomes a monster in mid-game, CBI isn’t going to do very much there. Because of that, there’s not much incentive to include more than one copy, and the likelihood of drawing your one-of CBI early is statistically unlikely.

1 Like

If you’re running turntable you get your link from a non-console. I still don’t believe they made forger a console. It would be a good card if it were generic hardware. It’s not required to run forger in Geist.

2 Likes

I still think if you can land a Siphon and you can ditch a tag with your Forger, it’s great. Honestly. Especially with Tech Traders and Technical Writers.

1 Like

You’re right. It is 4 clicks, which probably is too many. I think it’s the threat of activation - it stretches the corp a bit.

When I were a lad, we ran sec testing and desperado and called NBN easy mode.*

*for certain values of easy mode.

1 Like

Totally. It’s worth putting Bank Job in just so HB can’t spam out undefended Eve Campaign you’re too poor to trash.

1 Like

As we learned at the tournament yesterday. Geist struggles also against asset spam NEH because he doesn’t have the money to trash assets early. in the finals of a local SC I was able to lock the game against Dan D by just running away with assets he couldn’t afford to trash.

2 Likes

I added a scrubber to my build for this purpose

1 Like

Did you present him with a ten-tine fork, as per your homework?

no I just did NBN bullshit till I won lol

2 Likes

The Once and Future Meta :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Won Trotta’s Hobbies (NJ meta, 18 player) store champ. (With This and HB:ETF Low-Sentry Foodcoats with BLC)

Dropped 1 game on each side all day. Lost to Fastro, but I was up 5-2 and just couldn’t close the deal.

Its strong. Apparently the engine is different. (No peddler, no Off campus, a focus on late game medium and breaking remotes)

Felt strong. Been fun in testing.

I’ll probably publish and do a small write up on it, but just sharing it here.

#GEISTTECHLORD

Played vs…

ETF, Fastro (thats the loss), ETF, Cybernetics Div, ETF, Fastro.

Testing shows Fastro is hard, and Blue Sun is SUPER interesting. Palana gets a lot of money, but with medium I just dont really care.

4 Likes

everyone on medium, why.

3 Likes