The Geist Zeitgeist

What order is that deck list in?

3 Likes

Tried Geist out today. It canā€™t handle Caprice unless you get early Siphon spam going, and has no hope against NEH. I guess Iā€™ll try again after rotation.

At least Caprice will no longer be a problem next week :slight_smile:

That will just make the issues against NEH more relevant !

Anything new going on now that Tech Trader and the like have dropped? Geist worth playing again at all?

A few lists having some success, mainly using OCA.
oca-geist-sc-winner
dirty-laundry-ep-14-college-spirit-w-x3r0h0ur
garbage-man-one-man-s-trash-is-another-man-s-3-credits

I see lots of medium, Iā€™m quite solid on TME, esp with so much CVS going around. Repeated TMEā€™s win games, esp against NEH. And you need only go 1 time per turn or 1 time every other turn. Big fan over medium. Costs me a FC though. Just have to be good at psi games then.

With 3 SoT in the deck 2x TME seem more effective than 1 medium.

1 Like

Bit of a buzz starting to build around Spy Camera Geist. Iā€™ve been having some success with it, and a friend took down a local GNK with it (no losses for Geist). Getting Tech Traders up is even more important that usual, but when you do (and in combo with Tech Writer) it lets you make more efficient use of your runs and prints money. Interested to see if Bazaar does what we thinkā€¦!

Worth Hostage? You can always fire it up for a Peddler or Fall Guy if your Tech Traders are all present and correct, and opens up a Film Critic option.

Oh yes, Iā€™ve gone up to 3 hostage after a miserable game that involved SoT twice for Hostage.

Iā€™ve actually dropped Peddler from mine, inf is on 2 Corroder, 1 Levy, 2 Clone Chip, Makerā€™s Eye.

I think maybe Clone Chip to ProCon/Turntable and Film Critic would be a good call at the moment, Film Critic helps in Midseasons or IG matchups. ProCon helps in general (though further skews you into the later game) and Turntable is a little help against FA.

Real shame to cut Clone Chip, though, works so well with Tech Trader/Writer and Crescentus!

How is the setup time?

I worry none of these decks are going to viable against NEH asset spam unless thereā€™s a much faster setup time than there currently is.

3 Likes

Honestly, not great. IG Asset Spam/grinding is less difficult because they donā€™t even pretend theyā€™re going to try and score, but NEH Asset spam/FA can outrace you fairly easily. The extra cards through Geist and the money from Tech Traders is good to keep the aggression up, but I can see NBN scoring 2 Astros before youā€™re able to do much about it.

Honestly not sure what the answer is. My friend beat a FA deck at the GNK by clearing out HQ then RnD locking with Spy Cameras and cheap breakers, but is that reliable? Donā€™t know.

Iā€™m not sure either. Leela has a shaky and volatile matchup, but itā€™s there, Andy can be okay if she can control the board early and move into R&D lock (hard but doable). Geist feels like single digits to me right now against these sorts of decks, which is a shame. Heā€™s a super fun runner to play.

3 Likes

And really - three Hostage, 6 Spy Cameras, and youā€™re not running Oracle May? :wink:

5 Likes

And if youā€™re running three Hostages already, does The Source not provide you with a little bit of FA counterplay? And your Fall Guys protect itā€¦

Think Iā€™m headed on a one way train to janktown.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean, I can see it, especially if youā€™re also running Film Critic. But itā€™s yet another piece you have to get out, and 2 more influence to squeeze in for something that has marginal use. I would love to see someone test it, though, to see how it works.

1 Like

Youā€™ll like it here, I promise!

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œunitled, post:1400, topic:4242, full:trueā€] 2 more influence to squeeze in for something that has marginal use.
[/quote]

After playing with OCA Geist for awhile, The Source was actually incredible. It just makes everything worse for the Corp and buys you time.

Can you post your currently list somewhere? Iā€™d like to fiddle around with the influence if possible.

Here is where I am currently. Still fiddling around, as mentioned I dropped a clone chip to try Film Critic and ProCon, and while FC seems solid Iā€™m much less sold on ProCon. Thereā€™s also the fact Iā€™m already at 46 cardsā€¦ The more I play this, and the more I spy on people playing B&E Geist, the more I think fixed breakers is the way to go. Those one shot breakers are so deck-slot hungry, and they force you to spend so many more clicks setting up, for a rig that only works, really, a few times.

Copy of Easy Mark for Days (MY EDITS)

Armand ā€œGeistā€ Walker: Tech Lord (The Underway)

Event (10)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Hostage (Opening Moves)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
1x The Makerā€™s Eye (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]

Hardware (13)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]ā˜†ā˜† ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
2x Cortez Chip (What Lies Ahead)
3x Forger (The Underway)
6x Spy Camera (Democracy and Dogma)

Resource (13)
3x Fall Guy (Double Time)
2x Political Operative (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Tech Trader (Business First)
3x Technical Writer (Data and Destiny)

Icebreaker (8)
2x Cerberus ā€œRexā€ H2 (All That Remains)
2x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
2x Faerie (Future Proof)
2x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)

Program (2)
2x Crescentus (A Study in Static)
13 influence spent (max 15-2ā˜†=13)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Democracy and Dogma

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Also, an advisory note: donā€™t underestimate Spy Camera. I know it seems ridiculous, and I know it seems even crazier running 6. Butā€¦ itā€™s honestly one of the best cards in the deck.

4 Likes